Ganguly cant score at run a ball?

Chaos

I dunno if u watched the match. There was a clear two that Pathan wanted, and Ganguly refused and made it into a single. Pathan swung his bat in a bit of frustration. I believe there was another instance when Dravid wanted two, and our dadagiri converted it to a single. Two instances I recall, there were others I noticed during the match.
I said EASY twos... i think you have not seen the game... finey do you recall a player laughed out loud during one of those?
Veer, Remind me...i'll probably recognize once you say it.
Guest HariSampath

So the bottom line is that Ganguly supporters ar unable to explain how Ganguly accupying nearly 20 overs for his own 4.2 per over contributed to the teams' cause of 6.3 at the begining climbing to 8.5 + at about the time he left and more than 10 rpo req after 2 overs after his dismissal ?? so he had done what was needed ? bollycock !!!!:angry_smile::angry_smile:

So the bottom line is that Ganguly supporters ar unable to explain how Ganguly accupying nearly 20 overs for his own 4.2 per over contributed to the teams' cause of 6.3 at the begining climbing to 8.5 + at about the time he left and more than 10 rpo req after 2 overs after his dismissal ?? so he had done what was needed ? bollycock !!!!:angry_smile::angry_smile:
Hari, You have to understand that Ganguly is God and we need to worship him, chant hymns etc. How dare we ordinary fans question the great dada!?
Veer, Remind me...i'll probably recognize once you say it.
arre one when hoggy was bowling and pathan played to long on for easy two and gangs turned him down.. and someone laughed so loud that stump mic picked it up.. anyways, it was pathetic display by gangs..
Guest HariSampath
I don't think Ganguly was batting when our pathetic middle order scored at 2 RPO for seven overs between the 36th and 42nd over chasing 300+.
That runrate by Rahul and others was a direct effect caused by Ganguly occupying the crease for 38 overs and increasing India's task to more than 10 rpo at the 40 over mark. Any argument will be defeated by the stats of the inngs. Point defeated and closed .
Hari, You have to understand that Ganguly is God and we need to worship him, chant hymns etc. How dare we ordinary fans question the great dada!?
dont speak for me. i dont hold any individual indian player in higher regard than the other. like dhoni for instance. i wasnt too impress with some of his moves as captain (continuing with dravid, no slips in crucial decisions, yuvraj bowling, etc) . but you don't see me jumping down other people's opinions about him and his decisions. i think you and hari seriously need to grow up. you both have been crying in every one of your post throughout this series...
Guest HariSampath
Yes Ganguly is God (phony) and we al line up to kiss his arse , ok, don't count me in :finger:
Guest HariSampath
dont speak for me. i dont hold any individual indian player in higher regard than the other. like dhoni for instance. i wasnt too impress with some of his moves as captain (continuing with dravid, no slips in crucial decisions, yuvraj bowling, etc) . but you don't see me jumping down other people's opinions about him and his decisions. i think you and hari seriously need to grow up. you both have been crying in every one of your post throughout this series...
We have been crying becos Indian cricket has been murdered by a priveled few
That runrate by Rahul and others was a direct effect caused by Ganguly occupying the crease for 38 overs and increasing India's task to more than 10 rpo at the 40 over mark. Any argument will be defeated by the stats of the inngs. Point defeated and closed .
Ganguly occupied the crease until the end of the 36th over. After 36 overs, the required rate was 8.21. At 36.1 overs, he was walking back. Unless he somehow managed to possess Dravid or Yuseless and telepathically force them to keep the runs down, I don't see how he was responsible for the slow-go after that which saw the RPO needed shoot to 10.10 in the final 10.
Ganguly occupied the crease until the end of the 36th over. After 36 overs, the required rate was 8.21. At 36.1 overs, he was walking back. Unless he somehow managed to possess Dravid or Yuseless and telepathically force them to keep the runs down, I don't see how he was responsible for the slow-go after that which saw the RPO needed shoot to 10.10 in the final 10.
Even his strong detractors can't buy it and blame the loss on the 35 yr old.
Guest HariSampath
Ganguly occupied the crease until the end of the 36th over. After 36 overs, the required rate was 8.21. At 36.1 overs, he was walking back. .
Pretty good estimate for why we lost
Guest HariSampath

If Tendulkar and Irfan had played exactly like Ganguly, that is , same strike rate: India would have been 150-3 after 36 overs. Are you all saying then that was a winning play and performance ? So, its ok for India to be 150-3 after 36, needing 168 off 84 balls, that is 12 runs per over ? If this had happened who would be to blame ?

I didn't watch the Indian innings... but even looking at the scorecard it seems Ganguly was very slow. Strikerate of 75 when chasing 318 is pretty pathetic. That too considering that he was opening and was there through all the poweplays etc. So the 19 overs he consumed and made at 4.2 an over is very bad when asking rate was 6.3 to begin with.... The loss was only 18 runs and only 1 extra run for these 19 overs would have made all the difference... I was also not too thrilled by some of the moves by Dhoni.. Murali was bowling really well (had 3 overs left), and was replaced by UV who went for 18 runs... that is where i think we lost momentum.

Guest HariSampath
we would win one in 20 odis .... instead of the one in two .....:giggle: :D
where do we have 50% one day win record ? u mean against minnows at home ?:P