World's first all-women political party launched - in India

gorah_pindu

so where is the talk for 33 % reservation for women in Indian Parliament?? Why Congress and their coteries are maintaining silence over this, not to mention madam Sonia?? Why Indian media has sucked a new low and not able to pin-point Congress governments reluctance in bringing this issue on floor again?? It's only "evil" BJP who brought this bill during their time, otherwise we "sickular" Indians are happy with no women in our democrazy system....

I don't see the need for an all women party.......we should move past this kind of thinking. We have done enough to move past this token show of women power....... And more importantly ...I don't think an all women party will be any better than the others. As proven on many occasion.....women as as capable as men when it comes to doing good and in the case of our politicians...as bad as men.

As if we don't have enough reservations in our country!!
It's NOT same as Caste based reservation! But interesting thing you brought-up........a few years back, I was watching live debate on doordarshan and eventual voting by our honorable memebrs of parliament over this bill of 33% reservation for women during Vajpayee government.......what left me shocked was position of so called secular messiahs like Mulayam Singh, they instead of debating on the issue started demanding for spereate reservation for "muslims". Women bill went into garbage. See the disgusting reality....the same Congress and g@ndu Arjun Singh cries and moans when it comes to caste based reservation and Supreme Court stay on that, but on other side there is a deeeeeep silence over Women reservation.

As long as Women as a leader is concerned, barring Madam Sonia, an Indian women can make a good leader. Indian women have this amazing ability of preserving their culture, identity, spirituality and most important Indian Interests abroad and foreign policy of India. We have an example of Indira Gandhi and how She single handedly torn apart Pakis. Someone should listen the speeches of Sadhvi Ritambhara to figure out, how Indian women are tough yet considerate for Indian interests.:isalute:

Indian women have this amazing ability of preserving their culture, identity, spirituality and most important Indian Interests abroad and foreign policy of India.
Do your candidates understand the simple fact that nothing can be preserved in entirity and to preserve something is to allow it to mutate & evolve ?

But do we need an exclusive all women party?
I agree, there is no need for a seperate "all women" party. also at the moment it seems insignificant. But we can see this a clear reaction or frustration to continued negligence of women in party based politics and eventually in parliament. The news says this --- .
despite having the second highest population in the world, of which women constitute 50 per cent, the average representation of women in Parliament is a dismal low of just 8.8 per cent.
There was an eye opening criticism by Arun Shourie that Indian political Parties don't have real "internal" democracy. Any major political party should have this as they are the foundation of political process in any democratic country. he suggested instead of matter becoming worst and government adopting the last option of reservation through constitutional amendment, why can't political parties take initiative and give MORE TICKETS TO WOMEN CANDIDATES TO FIGHT ELECTIONS. For example say, BJP out of 250 constituencies, fields 100 Women Candidates and 150 men candidates to start with and same does Congress, CPI etc. This will automatically resolve the problem......but this is where politicians are reluctant and Indian people at large and media in particular is not giving enough attention.

I don't see the need for an all women party.......we should move past this kind of thinking. We have done enough to move past this token show of women power.......
Feminism may be bullshit, but pluralism can only be a good thing. Imagine how much better Saudi Arabia might be if women had power for example.

I don't think trading in the pro-commie islam-pacifiers for hindu-fascists is a trade that'd make much difference.
WTF........this thread is about some serious issue concerning Indian womens representation and you are back with your "evil Hindu" rhetoric. bhai, save it for some other thread, OK. and talk something relevant to topic.

WTF........this thread is about some serious issue concerning Indian womens representation and you are back with your "evil Hindu" rhetoric. bhai, save it for some other thread, OK. and talk something relevant to topic.
There is nothing to go 'wtf about'- you are the one who went with 'well give BJP a chance', to which i said that changing the current bunch of commie-loving muslim-appeasing retards with hindu fascists like BJP is not really a worthwhile trade.