Your favourite national anthems

Bongosamaj

What are your favourite national anthems ? My top 5 are in this order: 1. The Red Army Choir ( Soviet Union/Russian national anthem) : It is by far and away, the best national anthem i've ever heard, miles and miles better than any other national anthem. It has everything a national anthem should have - amazing musical composition, powerful lyrics, amazing vocal quality & a distinct 'rising' musical style that suits the cresando-building of patriotism. This national anthem is just about the only national anthem that compels me to stand up and salute, such is its power. 2. Thailand national anthem - a very steady, mellow and serene anthem, yet very moving in its music & lyrics. 3. Jana Gana mana - enough said 4. O'Canada - It has pretty good lyrics and a decent musical score but i think its a bit too cliched in the musical sense. 5. Swedish national anthem - a very good musical piece even if the lyrics are a bit cliched.

I don't know other countries national anthem. Jan Gan Man is just the greatest according to me, and I remember most of it. So lets write it down -- Jana gana mana adhinayak jai hey, bharat bhagya vidhata punjab sindhu, gujarat, maratha, dravid, utkal, banga. Vindhya, himachal, Yamuna, Ganga, uchhal jaladhi taranga. tava shubh naame jaagey, tava shubh ashish maagey, gaahey, tav jai gaatha. jan gan man adhinayak jai hey bhharat bhagya vidhataa. Jai hey, jai hey, jai hey. jai jai jai jai hey.:isalute: (correct it if I missed something)

I don't think you'll make such statements once you hear the Russian national anthem. Its just about the 'Bradman of national anthems' out there.
Then we have living great as Sachin Tendulkar (Jana gana mana):hatsoff: Vande Mataram is another great song, sadly minority appeasement of Indian sikoolars have put such a great work into controversy.

I don't think you'll make such statements once you hear the Russian national anthem. Its just about the 'Bradman of national anthems' out there.
be a sanskirt scholar and then sing Jan Gan Man. u will realize the deepness and all in our National Anthem.. Its the best.. infact when its played it sounds the best too..

be a sanskirt scholar and then sing Jan Gan Man. u will realize the deepness and all in our National Anthem..
I got an even better alternative for you : be a BENGALI and then sing Jana Gana Mana. Then perhaps you'd realize the deepness of Jana Gana Mana. Or did you not know that technically speaking, Jana Gana Mana is not in Sanskrit ( it is very close, but has minor differences from actual sanskrit) and is actually written in a very archaic form of bengali (Suddhobhasha) ? Take that hand-on-heart-glazed-eyed nationalism to someone else who cares about the concept, really.

only one's i remember are jan gan man god save the queen and the german national anthem . i like the german one .. but love jan gan man still dont understand why they play it before all the movies moke . they extended a 52 sec anthem to 7 minutes .. :s:

only one's i remember are jan gan man god save the queen and the german national anthem . i love the german one .. but love jan gan man still dont understand why they play it before all the movies moke . they extended a 52 sec anthem to 7 minutes .. :s:
See it.. Rahman at work. Btw, tp.