Murali Underrated Karthik

Cricketics

i admit i never rated him high.. .
nor did i. if India is playing only one spinner can kartik be that spinner? To be honest i am still not sure if we can play him as the lone spinner. I would still prefer powar/bhaji over him. But todays performance has given hope. Last time pak hit him all over the place, lets see how he bowl against team. Todays performance reminds me of sunil joshi's spell if i remember correctly he also took 6 for 15 or 18 against SA in one game and then never came back. Anyways great work by Kartik today and all the best to him for future games.

Karthick is not rated because he has a bit of atitude which effectively ensured Ganguly did not like him. True Karthik did not exactly set the cricket world with the chances that came his way either but he never got the kind of support that Harbhajan Singh gets. A spinner typically thrives on his captain's confidence as witnessed by Kumble-Azhar, Murali-Ranatunga, Imran-Qadir, Akram-Saqlain but Murali Karthik did never have it. I would still not consider Murali Karthik a great spinner but I certainly think he is as good as Bhajji if not better.

Karthick is not rated because he has a bit of atitude which effectively ensured Ganguly did not like him. True Karthik did not exactly set the cricket world with the chances that came his way either but he never got the kind of support that Harbhajan Singh gets. A spinner typically thrives on his captain's confidence as witnessed by Kumble-Azhar, Murali-Ranatunga, Imran-Qadir, Akram-Saqlain but Murali Karthik did never have it. I would still not consider Murali Karthik a great spinner but I certainly think he is as good as Bhajji if not better.
Thats an easy comparison :D

I didnt rate him and I will wait until I rate him as a bowler. Unless he has improved from before, it would be hard for him on flatter tracks. Also dont forget that Mumbai is Kartik's stronghold. I think he also picked up like 6 wickets in the test match against the Aussies. I'll wait against the series against Pakistan