Murali Underrated Karthik

Cricketics

This is the second time i've had to remind you...:D
For some reason I always think we went to Banglastan straight after that Aussie series. Have used that as an argument against Ganguly for recovering quickly from his Nagpur fiasco to make himself available for the minnow tour. :D
For some reason I always think we went to Banglastan straight after that Aussie series. Have used that as an argument against Ganguly for recovering quickly from his Nagpur fiasco to make himself available for the minnow tour. :D
Ganguly didn't in Mumbai test after Nagpur test. kartik was the MoM in that test. This was played from November 3-5. India then played the next match against Pak (Plat. Jub.) on Nov 13. (8 days after Mumbai). Kartik was dropped for that match. Kartik however played the one test match against SA. The second test he was dropped. He was not picked for the BD series and then was dropped permanently. So, in effect he played in one more match after being MoM against Australia.

With Bhajji getting worse by the minute Karthik seems atleast as good a replacement. But Karthik has always followed up one very good performance by a bunch of mediocre ones. I'd like to see Chawla (who can play the role of a Brad Hogg for us) ahead of both