Ami i the only one who thinks Philander played Sensibly?

maniac

How? If Shami bowls an inswinging yorker to new batsman like Tahir match will be over in 2 balls. They know the next 2 wickets are totally useless. So it was like they were 9 down. one wicket they could have lost it very well.
Conditions were not that bad One thing I know is Aussie side of past would have gone for win even current one and South Africa did not and I am happy match was drawn I was 100 percent sure philander will win this but they started defended like crazy at least take ones or twos and make sure only 8 are required at last but they played maiden.
If i learn anything from Tendulkar 1999 test match against Pakistan' date=' this is it. 10 runs is like 50 runs for a tailender in such situations. Never leave it to them and take chances.[/quote'] Agree....anyone remembers the Sydney Test....when Clarke of all people just wrapped up the tail....No matter how bad we criticse our bowling ...Surely Zak and Shami are not worse than Clarke :cantstop:
Conditions were not that bad One thing I know is Aussie side of past would have gone for win even current one and South Africa did not and I am happy match was drawn I was 100 percent sure philander will win this but they started defended like crazy at least take ones or twos and make sure only 8 are required at last but they played maiden.
Yorker doesn't need conditions. Clearly Tahir is an inferior batsman by all accounts. Remember how Smith with injury could not play out one over against Johnson and they lost the dead rubber.
Agree....anyone remembers the Sydney Test....when Clarke of all people just wrapped up the tail....No matter how bad we criticse our bowling ...Surely Zak and Shami are not worse than Clarke :cantstop:
Fair enough but I should have at least taken easy runs and try to get as close as possible Here they started defended 6 overs ago
Taking singles or playting the odd attacking shot is not that easy when there are 15-20 runs required as against say 100 runs required...Different situation. I am glad S.A did what they did and a S.A fan might be angry but from a neutral perspective what Philnder and the team mgmnt did was completely fair
Did U see me defending this ? We have been criticized heavily I past for such things
Would you call that choking? No. What SA tail did was far more sensible than what our Indian batsmen did. India has suffered a lot because tail could not stick it out. Bangalore test against Pakistan in 1987, Chennai test 1999, Sydney test 2007. Ishant salvaged some pride with his knock against Australia. Overall trusting an injured 10 and jack is too risky.
Would you call that choking? No. What SA tail did was far more sensible than what our Indian batsmen did. India has suffered a lot because tail could not stick it out. Bangalore test against Pakistan in 1987' date=' Chennai test 1999, Sydney test 2007. Ishant salvaged some pride with his knock against Australia. Overall trusting an injured 10 and jack is too risky.[/quote'] Well I did not call this one choking too But as a fan I would have rather have them chasing this and winning or losing than drawing but I love aggressive cricket ...same way many of us like captaincy of Clarke .. Ok here is scenario at end ...10 wickets from last over with 3 wickets at end ..I will back batting team to either win or a draw 3 wickets in over is rare unless some one like Johnson is doing what he does best
There will be enoromous pressure . Smith did the right thing by not sending out anyone with messages. That would have put even more pressure. Fear of losing will take precedence. http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/489228.html India had about 47 overs to make 180 runs.. why didn't they go for it?
This match really hurt me, they could have sent Kohli and Dhoni early instead of Dravid and Laxman, whats worse is they didnt even try..Pathetic.
Well I did not call this one choking too But as a fan I would have rather have them chasing this and winning or losing than drawing but I love aggressive cricket ...same way many of us like captaincy of Clarke .. Ok here is scenario at end ...10 wickets from last over with 3 wickets at end ..I will back batting team to either win or a draw 3 wickets in over is rare unless some one like Johnson is doing what he does best
Michael clarke did.. :cantstop: . Quality of bowler hardly matters in pressure situations.
This match really hurt me' date=' they could have sent Kohli and Dhoni early instead of Dravid and Laxman, whats worse is they didnt even try..Pathetic.[/quote'] Agree I hated this strategy ...and after that we even had threads here which we're bumped until last year ...so don't tell me we would have accepted draws when we can win.,,most people on this site would have wanted our team to go for win..
I can give u many examples of here tailender finished games And steyn and philander can both bat..almost as well as ashwin..they are not proper tailenders
Yes there are instances that has happened. Mostly they had time on their hand. Considering SA has pulled off some spectacular 4th innings chases in Tests i have to say they didn't want to lose this one more than they wanted to win.
Yes there are instances that has happened. Mostly they had time on their hand. Considering SA has pulled off some spectacular 4th innings chases in Tests i have to say they didn't want to lose this one more than they wanted to win.
Why even go there then ? Anything can happen but point is philander and steyn are good enough to play and get singles and they chose not to Had they played at even 2 rpo target would have been less than 10 which they got I think in last over :winky:
Why even go there then ? Anything can happen but point is philander and steyn are good enough to play and get singles and they chose not to Had they played at even 2 rpo target would have been less than 10 which they got I think in last over :winky:
You have to say Shami bombarded him with bouncers. India did not give total freebies.