Challenger Trophy

putrevus

purevas, In India, seamers deliberately cut down the pace because of the nature of the pitches here, where the faster you bowl, the quicker you are dispatched beyond the rope. Didn't you see how Akhtar became more useful when he cut down the pace in his second spell in Mohali ODI? And Mohali is supposed to possess the best pitch for pace bowling, isn't it? There was no point in bowling at 140 at Motera. I'm sure our fringe bowlers can bowl faster. I think we should look beyond speed if we want to have good seamers. Attributes such as accuracy, swing, yorker bowling capacity, good slower ball, well directed bouncers etc are better to have than 150+speed at which you spray the ball all over and hence are smashed left right and center!
Akthar didnt cut down his pace , he bowled with shortened run up which many of his coaches have been suggesting , becuase he will have better control not pace.
purevas, In India, seamers deliberately cut down the pace because of the nature of the pitches here, where the faster you bowl, the quicker you are dispatched beyond the rope. Didn't you see how Akhtar became more useful when he cut down the pace in his second spell in Mohali ODI? And Mohali is supposed to possess the best pitch for pace bowling, isn't it? There was no point in bowling at 140 at Motera. I'm sure our fringe bowlers can bowl faster. I think we should look beyond speed if we want to have good seamers. Attributes such as accuracy, swing, yorker bowling capacity, good slower ball, well directed bouncers etc are better to have than 150+speed at which you spray the ball all over and hence are smashed left right and center!
chandan thats not the case.. ppl still ball over 150.. akhtarz body language is perhapz not making him able to produce fast consistently that doesn't mean he is cutting his pace.. recently all the aus bowlers who toured India were bowlign pretty fast.. lee was on fire...
Chandan why are you pace kee dushman?:D Wasim, Waqar, Imran, Donald, Holding, Garner, Lillie, Ambrose etc were all super quick heck even Hadlee(generally portrayed as a line and length bowler) was quite quick for a lot of his career. How many meduim pacers have become great bowlers? Mcgrath, Pollock...who else? i think that's about it.

BS... there is no fast bowler in this country... who can u go for if Zaheer kahn loses form.. apart frm the 3 fast bowlers we have now, the pace bowlers cupboard is bare .. and the rest r all tundlers.... bowlers like Ishant, Bose , praveen kumar bowling military medium will b taken apart in Aus... and if u think medium pacers r the best suited for cricket matches.. God save India

And was taken apart in many matches. Can you produce his economy rate during this tour?
regardless of poor economy rate.. still he tryed to bowl fast.. and did bowl.. without the fear that he would be taken apart.. its not that every bowler cutz down his pace because he is bowling on a flat track or rather batting friendly track..
Chandan why are you pace kee dushman?:D Wasim, Waqar, Imran, Donald, Holding, Garner, Lillie, Ambrose etc were all super quick heck even Hadlee(generally portrayed as a line and length bowler) was quite quick for a lot of his career. How many meduim pacers have become great bowlers? Mcgrath, Pollock...who else? i think that's about it.
Faisal, I'm talking about bowling on Indian pitches. There is no point in bowling fast on the slow wickets here. So what was the average speed at which Akhtar bowled today? Anyone? It was 134 kph. Why? Akhtar bowled a ball which clocked 149 too, but batsmen had no trouble in dealing with it while his 130 kph deliveries were very difficult to deal with. In SA, our bowlers also bowled at 140+consistently and were quite successful. I've seen Ishant bowling at 88 mph deliveries too. Same with YoMahesh. But there is no point in bowling fast in India. Batsmen use your pace to score easy runs. And if you think, the above named bowlers(Wasim, Waqar, Donald...) had only speed at their disposal, you are quite wrong. Wasim was a very effective bowler even when he lost pace in his later years because he had so many tricks up his sleeves. Same with Hadlee too and I don't remember Ambrose bowling at 150+ either. They were good bowlers because they were accurate, had many tricks as well as pace! I hope you get the point what I'm trying to make here.