Impressed with kohli's captaincy?

Blue Star

first about shami..thats why i am asking for rotation.. and about bhuvan its expected on these tracks but i can assure you he is still doing better than any other bowler you will play in his place maybe other than pandey. and shami has got plenty of wickets in first 10 overs against australia and even new zealand and even got wickets against bangladesh but you cannot depend on him in every game and even on his off day he is not losing you matches on track which does not helps pacers ..refer to last year and you will see jumping dinda ,vinay kumar and ishant sharma winning matches for other teams even with batting in form.. shami got new zealand 50-3 after 10 overs atleast 2-3 times in odi series which is pretty damn good for one guy on his own
great points, attack is much better but they look tired. we played mishra and he did well, lets play pandey in place of shami so he can take a short break and give the young pacer a go. a healthy pool of bowlers is great for competition. look at ishant, got complacent because he knew unless something MAJOR (faulkner) happened, he was going nowhere!
That's how selections are done in India. No selector cares about Vijay Hazare or Deodhar or the Challenger.
i do not think so. pandey,shami,bhuvan,rayadu and now rahane all came after good a tours more than anything else t20 selections depend on ipl but odis it has been very rare it depends more on ranjis and a tours imo .
great points' date=' attack is much better but they look tired. we played mishra and he did well, lets play pandey in place of shami so he can take a short break and give the young pacer a go. a healthy pool of bowlers is great for competition. look at ishant, got complacent because he knew unless something MAJOR (faulkner) happened, he was going nowhere![/quote'] agree ..shami looks tired too but even now he is doing fine last match u can argue run rate was high but he was guy who got 2 wickets in power play to bring us back.. its time we started rotating these guys it will keep them fit and fresh and will laso provide opportunity like you said.
it was not his decision to take game to 50 th over he kept his main bowlers on through out and got other team 9 down in last over so he clearly was going for wickets you can complain about this if pak won with 6 wickets in hand and if part timers bowled but he did everything what he was supposed to but to let the game go in 50th over was in hands of bowlers and pak batsman not his .
boss wicket fell in the 42nd 43rd over....nothing happened from 25th to 40th and Mishra was taken off...you arent getting the point..strategy and tactics..what he did post the 40th over is fine....tactically rotating bowlers...but what he did after the 4th wicket makes no sense to me...Afridi was next....you will see this when a team defends low scores....he may learn from this...but it was a stupid strategy like the Rohit shot
i do not think so. pandey,shami,bhuvan,rayadu and now rahane all came after good a tours more than anything else t20 selections depend on ipl but odis it has been very rare it depends more on ranjis and a tours imo .
Rayudu and Rahane went for the A-tours on the basis of IPL. Rayudu completely, Rahane not so much. Yes Shami, Bhuvi and Pandey did get A-tours, but there are no A-tours in the next 6 months. Therefore IPL will be the sole criteria and not domestic one-dayers. Shami and Pandey had nothing to show in domestic one-dayers, not so sure about Bhuvi though. We hardly play T20Is, so IPL does not really play a part there. If you look at India's top 25 contracted players, most of them have had a decent IPL season. I don't think you'll find them doing great in Ranji. One example is Manoj Tiwary - scored a 90 against the visiting England team, scored a 100 against the visiting Australia team and yet no BCCI contract. Doing poorly in IPL must be the only reason.
boss wicket fell in the 42nd 43rd over....nothing happened from 25th to 40th and Mishra was taken off...you arent getting the point..strategy and tactics..what he did post the 40th over is fine....tactically rotating bowlers...but what he did after the 4th wicket makes no sense to me...Afridi was next....you will see this when a team defends low scores....he may learn from this...but it was a stupid strategy like the Rohit shot
all i can think of is mishra finishing quota there otherwise there was no fatal flaw in strategy. you are not gonna get perfect captaincy in short time but he is starting to show his own brand of captaincy which is good in earlier matches you got feeling that dhoni was captaining but not here. let me put it simply he was not the reason we lost today and nor that we let them run away they played pretty sensibly even that hack maqsood (i think ) defended and did not go for glory shots and he kept other bowlers own who were also expected to pick wickets jaddu has been our best spinner for long time now so bowling him to attack against right handers is not bad strategy he just had an off day it happens ..had he picked one wicket then match would have been over. before match if some one asked you who would u attack with in that situation on pitch helping spinners a bit most of us would have said jadeja...after watching what happened its very easy to point out mistakes but he did not had that luxury :winky:
Rayudu and Rahane went for the A-tours on the basis of IPL. Rayudu completely, Rahane not so much. Yes Shami, Bhuvi and Pandey did get A-tours, but there are no A-tours in the next 6 months. Therefore IPL will be the sole criteria and not domestic one-dayers. Shami and Pandey had nothing to show in domestic one-dayers, not so sure about Bhuvi though. We hardly play T20Is, so IPL does not really play a part there. If you look at India's top 25 contracted players, most of them have had a decent IPL season. I don't think you'll find them doing great in Ranji. One example is Manoj Tiwary - scored a 90 against the visiting England team, scored a 100 against the visiting Australia team and yet no BCCI contract. Doing poorly in IPL must be the only reason.
problem is shami and pandey just have hammering to show in ipl and about tiwary he got injured let me think and make list bhuvan --did nothing in ipl,did not even play i think got in team after a tours shami--after a tours and great season and got hammered in ipl pandey --got destroyed by gayle, id well in 2 seasons and best bowler in a tours rayadu--had a decent finish to season last year got chance in a tours and did well had an mediocre ipl rahane--had good ipl was never really pushed in team but he was always around but good a tour performance in south africa pushed his name for south africa touur and since then test form is heling him to stay in odis karthik --he is one guy in cos of ipl agree. aaron--he did nothing in ipl ,got injured but got chance in ranjis and picked plenty of wickets and showed potential jaddu and ashwin--i am not sure tbh but csk did play role with jaddu but he grabbed it with both hands mohit shamra--he might have been pushed early cos of ipl ..but had decent ranji but your point stands here other i i do not remember who debuted recently sorry :sniffle:
all i can think of is mishra finishing quota there otherwise there was no fatal flaw in strategy. you are not gonna get perfect captaincy in short time but he is starting to show his own brand of captaincy which is good in earlier matches you got feeling that dhoni was captaining but not here. let me put it simply he was not the reason we lost today and nor that we let them run away they played pretty sensibly even that hack maqsood (i think ) defended and did not go for glory shots and he kept other bowlers own who were also expected to pick wickets jaddu has been our best spinner for long time now so bowling him to attack against right handers is not bad strategy he just had an off day it happens ..had he picked one wicket then match would have been over. before match if some one asked you who would u attack with in that situation on pitch helping spinners a bit most of us would have said jadeja...after watching what happened its very easy to point out mistakes but he did not had that luxury :winky:
he played a major part in the loss boss....mishra had bowled so well....still Jadeja??....I had raised eyebrows then and there....why let the match go to the end... I am not asking for perfect captaincy...but this is a faulty strategy hidden behind some good tactical moves.....so I am surprised on the praise he is getting....like Rohit you see..he made 50+ ..played some good shots but that one shot was a big reason we did not put up a good score...so you can say Rohit was not the reason we lost..but he played a major part... if you still cant see lets agree to disagree
he played a major part in the loss boss....mishra had bowled so well....still Jadeja??....I had raised eyebrows then and there....why let the match go to the end... I am not asking for perfect captaincy...but this is a faulty strategy hidden behind some good tactical moves.....so I am surprised on the praise he is getting....like Rohit you see..he made 50+ ..played some good shots but that one shot was a big reason we did not put up a good score. if you still cant see lets agree to disagree
i can see it but no captain doe perfectly in match situation sorry but its impossible. you think about past too where jadeja had some success against hafeez and you think baout recent form where jadeja has easily been best bowler than you think about who will bowl in power play so on. i can easily see why he took that decision i do not agree with it but i can understand it..i would be mad at him if he bowled 6-7 overs of part timers so that bowlers can bowl at death ( this is what dhoni does ) and yes we can disagree here i even understand your point i completely do and i would have bowled mishra too but its decision which can be argued and its not really completely dumb on its face. and about rohit throwing wicket away..it was wrong but again he was not reason we lost and he is being scrutinized here because he repeated same mistake again and again and hasn ot learned a thing but can you say same thing about kohli ?:winky:
mishra might be in cos of ipl too but you can argue whats his competition as leg spinner ?
Competition is Rahul Sharma and Piyush Chawla. Bhuvi played for Pune Warriors and did quite well in the IPL. One of the most economical. He went for the WI A-tour too but didn't get many chances. IPL got him in the limelight. Shami hardly bowled in the IPL. Never bowled enough to get destroyed. Is clearly an A-tour product. Even Yadav came to the limelight through IPL after his performances with the Delhi Daredevils. Aaron is also IPL, he hasn't done anything in FCs to be noticed. All the batsmen are IPL products too. Add Shikhar Dhawan too; he had a terrible Ranji season but went to WI-A tour because of IPL.
Competition is Rahul Sharma and Piyush Chawla. Bhuvi played for Pune Warriors and did quite well in the IPL. One of the most economical. He went for the WI A-tour too but didn't get many chances. IPL got him in the limelight. Shami hardly bowled in the IPL. Never bowled enough to get destroyed. Is clearly an A-tour product. Even Yadav came to the limelight through IPL after his performances with the Delhi Daredevils. Aaron is also IPL, he hasn't done anything in FCs to be noticed. All the batsmen are IPL products too. Add Shikhar Dhawan too; he had a terrible Ranji season but went to WI-A tour because of IPL.
bhuvi did well for pune after being in indian team dhawan got into indian team cos of performance in duleep trophy no ? and after that performance in domestic odis where he smashed every one yadav was in team for zimbabwe where he looked crap so i am sure he was n mind of selectors and his performances in ranji were good and in ipl other than bhigle getting excited cos of yorker he did nothing . it might play part but from track record of selectors it just get them in eyes and for players who are already in eyes it does not impact final decision much or atleast from trend this is what i have seen anyway i have to sleep ..later! :)
i can see it but no captain doe perfectly in match situation sorry but its impossible. you think about past too where jadeja had some success against hafeez and you think baout recent form where jadeja has easily been best bowler than you think about who will bowl in power play so on. i can easily see why he took that decision i do not agree with it but i can understand it..i would be mad at him if he bowled 6-7 overs of part timers so that bowlers can bowl at death ( this is what dhoni does ) and yes we can disagree here i even understand your point i completely do and i would have bowled mishra too but its decision which can be argued and its not really completely dumb on its face. and about rohit throwing wicket away..it was wrong but again he was not reason we lost and he is being scrutinized here because he repeated same mistake again and again and hasn ot learned a thing but can you say same thing about kohli ?:winky:
if he learns great..but it wasnt praiseworthy captaincy today...even if Rohit was playing his initial matches ..that was still a chewtiya shot by him....that he is playing his 100th+ makes it disastrous
if he learns great..but it wasnt praiseworthy captaincy today...even if Rohit was playing his initial matches ..that was still a chewtiya shot by him....that he is playing his 100th+ makes it disastrous
if it was initial match no one wou;d have cared about him getting out anyway that besides the point . i think he did well you can disagree and result is with you anyway..
a) Shami looks tired and dead. I have never seen him looking so off-colour b) Bhuvi looked rubbish and got carted around. Didn't see any swing from him with the new ball as well. These two were extremely ordinary during the first 10 overs and we lost half the match there. Shami needs rest and Bhuvi needs to go back to the drawing board.
Even Gul and Junaid were carted around for 6 plus an over here. Shami bowled well, IMO, except the 3 bouncers he tried 1 to Shehzad went for 4 and 2 to Sharzeel one went for 6 and one for 4. Bowling short is not the right idea on these pitches when you are a short guy. Ball just sits up. They both are good at pulling too.
Even Gul and Junaid were carted around for 6 plus an over here. Shami bowled well' date=' IMO, except the 3 bouncers he tried 1 to Shehzad went for 4 and 2 to Sharzeel one went for 6 and one for 4. Bowling short is not the right idea on these pitches when you are a short guy. Ball just sits up. They both are good at pulling too.[/quote'] I think he got carried away with the wickets Talha got.. his short-ones had uneven bounce while Rohit got done in by extra bounce, Rahane pulled one which kept low.
I think he got carried away with the wickets Talha got.. his short-ones had uneven bounce while Rohit got done in by extra bounce' date=' Rahane pulled one which kept low.[/quote'] Talha is a 6'2-3" tall guy while Shami is short about 5'9". On slow pitches, bouncers are a bad idea for him unless he is clocking 150K.