S.Africa vs Pak 4th odi

Cricketics

there was no energy in the field...i thought pak fielders resigned to the fate that they have lost the game while the innings was hardly 15 overs old... Afridi again made fool of himself...wanting to open ..and failed in two innings he has played so far as opener... this player has no technique to handle new ball...on fresh pitch.... he is only a bowler...and only once in a blue moon he scores ... fooled pakistani janta for a long time....now he himself says that he is only a bowler..:haha: apni aukat pe aa gaya hai... Pakistan's batting is really nondescript... with only YK, MOYO and Malik to some extent are recognized batsmen of some stature.. they have hope from the GAS attack ( Gul asif Shoaib ) but we all know the chemistry of the GAS..it stinks..:haha:

there was no energy in the field...i thought pak fielders resigned to the fate that they have lost the game while the innings was hardly 15 overs old... Afridi again made fool of himself...wanting to open ..and failed in two innings he has played so far as opener... this player has no technique to handle new ball...on fresh pitch.... he is only a bowler...and only once in a blue moon he scores ... fooled pakistani janta for a long time....now he himself says that he is only a bowler..:haha: apni aukat pe aa gaya hai... Pakistan's batting is really nondescript... with only YK, MOYO and Malik to some extent are recognized batsmen of some stature.. they have hope from the GAS attack ( Gul asif Shoaib ) but we all know the chemistry of the GAS..it stinks..:haha:
GAS haha nice one :two_thumbs_up::cantstop:
VERY surprised by the margin of victory. Looks like it was a total no-contest right the way through. Shaun Pollock is really performing well in one-dayers these days. Good for him.
They started off poorly then Yunus Malik had a good partnership but Nel's 1 over turned the match in favor of SA. Bowling from what i saw was average and fielding was quite poor as well.
Afridi as a bowler alone can walk in to most teams(if not all) http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/columns/content/current/story/317029.html
so what would you like me to do? Make up bs and pretend to know what I'm talking about? I prefer to wait till I've actually seen some of the action. And what exactly was that an excuse for?
that's hardly the point, who told you that you have to watch the match to comment on it? You can bs all you want want they are just desperate to hear you say things against the PAK team. So please go ahead and make the kids happy.

Relax fellas. Doesnt help if you take every good/bad comment made on Pakistan to heart. Pakistan has some serious vulnerabilities i would say,

• Their batting lacks any sort of class/experience apart from Mo Yo , YK and to an extent Malik. These three have to fire everytime for pakistan to put up a decent score. Their top order is their Achilles heel.Their lower middle order lacks hitter as well. These two are the places where one-day matches are won/lost.
  • Kamran Akmal's batting has been very disappointing. Wicket-batsman are a vital cog in any one-day unit. Pakistan sorely misses a good one

• They are over-reliant on Umar Gul to provide the break-through. That wont happen everytime and because their fielding isnt the best , they have the tendency to wilt under the onslaught of the opposition batting.And Asif hasnt been too effective in one-dayers anyways.

• Their batting lacks any sort of class/experience apart from Mo Yo , YK and to an extent Malik. These three have to fire everytime for pakistan to put up a decent score. Their top order is their Achilles heel.Their lower middle order lacks hitter as well. These two are the places where one-day matches are won/lost.

Completely agree.

• Kamran Akmal's batting has been very disappointing. Wicket-batsman are a vital cog in any one-day unit. Pakistan sorely misses a good one

I agree to an extent. He has really fallen off lately. But he has shown that he has the ability to come through, therefore I'm not that worried (compared to say...the openers).

• They are over-reliant on Umar Gul to provide the break-through. That wont happen everytime and because their fielding isnt the best , they have the tendency to wilt under the onslaught of the opposition batting.And Asif hasnt been too effective in one-dayers anyways.

Over reliance on Gul is probably a good point, but the bowling attack will look so much different than what it is now that I don't think it's something to worry about. As long as things don't get out of hand in the opening overs, we have bowlers who can bowl the middle overs effectively and tip the scales i our favour. The fielding is suspect. Always has been. The fact that they put in such a horrible performance in ODI 2, but put in such an awesome performane in ODI 3 is proof that they have the ability to be very good in the field, but they don't put enough emphasis on it. And I'm not talking about fielding drills and what have you. I'm talking about the fact that no player believes fielding good or bad has any effect on their selection (as long as it's not totally hopeless ie. Kaneria) And yes, Asif in ODIs is the biggest concern going in. I just wish that if he isn't clicking in the first couple of ODIs, they have the guts to drop him because we actually do have capable replacements. Lastly, it's not about taking comments about Pakistan to heart. Do you honestly believe I'm naive enough to come to ICF and not expect animosity towards Pakistan? My post earlier in this topic was made because I have made sure to comment in the match threads for the ODIs we won, so it wouldn't really be fair for me to skip this just because we lost. But even then, if i haven't seen the match, I'm not going to make judgments on the performance.