Brett Lee rates Tendulkar above Lara

Velu' date=' test match wins depend on bowlers, batsmen cannot win matches, they can only give the bowlers a healthy lead. Agree with you that given Sachin has played 200 tests, by the law of averages he must have had enough chances to win matches away, which he failed. But the blame is not entirely his. Our bowling is so ordinary that it is difficult to blame the batsmen fully for these things.[/quote'] It is futile to debate with that guy. He has a bee in his bonnet about Sachin right from day 1 and his hatred it clear to all. On the one hand we have all experts of the game, current and ex players, all rating Sachin as one of the best after Bradman. On the other side we have Velu. Best to ignore him completely
who won the game for the team .. i know cricket is a team game but again even in the team some perform more than others :--D
and how exactly do you point out who wins more game? Hasn't this debate torn to shreds so many times on ICF yet you still feel the need to bring this up again and again just for trolling?
Yes I rememeber those stats like Dravid's overseas wins against West Indies in a series which Sachin chose to skip all together
i know you wont forget that :giggle: again what happened to sachin in the other N series ? :hmmm:
and how exactly do you point out who wins more game? Hasn't this debate torn to shreds so many times on ICF yet you still feel the need to bring this up again and again just for trolling?
see this team game BS is just a defense from uber sensitive sachistas .. Man of the match is a very good metric to judge who contributed more .. if cricket is a team game then why the hell they have this MoM and MoS funda ... Note:- guess sehwag has more MoS than sachin in hald the games :--D
see this team game BS is just a defense from uber sensitive sachistas .. Man of the match is a very good metric to judge who contributed more .. if cricket is a team game then why the hell they have this MoM and MoS funda ... Note:- guess sehwag has more MoS than sachin in hald the games :--D
As Is aid, all those logic has been torn to shreds long time before. You can bump up old threads if required. Some of them were laughable, like Ganguly having more win % in 100s in ODIs Or Dravid winning more matches in West Indies, etc, etc
massive lol at MTCs assumption that everyone pick sachin after bradman .. there is another slogger whose name is viv
Yes, but can you point to more than one world XI done by any respectable ex cricketer where Richards trumps Sachin? It is very easy to claim something (and I know how much Richards is over-rated on a certain forum) but when you fund the very greatest including Richards himself rating Sachin so much, you have to rethink
Nope this is cricinfo's all time XI http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/magazine/alltime_composite.html No Lara but Sachin is there This is Wisden's all time XI http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/don-bradman-and-shane-warne-named-in-wisdens-alltime-xi-20131024-2w2fp.html No Lara but Sachin is there with Shane Warne being the only other modern great This is Bradman's dream XI team http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/1488685.stm Sachin is the only modern great to make it to the XI This is Richie's Benaud's XI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richie_Benaud's_Greatest_XI Sachin is there but no Lara In fact, in my memory, only Bird's all time XI does not include Sachin and he does not include Bradman either.
Fair Enough......I am obviously a nobody compared to these guys but I would have both Lara and SRT as my No3 and No 4 in any all time X1 but then again I rate both over Bradman. I rate them both over Ponting and Kallis the batsmen too. Since topic moving to Kallis I rate Sanga over Kallis below ponting both as a batsman and A.R cricketer as Sanga the Keeper(back when he was a full time keeper) is way more valuable than Kallis the bowler who was above-average at best

A typical Sachin Hater's logic-When SRT scores and team loses-SRT is a choker. When SRT scores but someone gives a better performance in a winning cause-SRT is not a match winner,that someone else is the best thing since slice bread. They miss the common factor that win or lose SRT performs,this simple logic is lost on them Lol which makes him the greatest

As Is aid, all those logic has been torn to shreds long time before. You can bump up old threads if required. Some of them were laughable, like Ganguly having more win % in 100s in ODIs Or Dravid winning more matches in West Indies, etc, etc
i saw few old threads here .. like how sachin is better than bradman or why sachin shoudl be given more weight because he carried more expectations from billions of fans which other players didnt carry :giggle: obviously in ICF , 8/10 are scahin fans and i wont be surprised if a poll picks sachin is a better tennis player than federer :giggle: but i know i neutral forums , you got pawned again n again , n again n again :king: Note:- I love sachin but i love sachinstas more . I have more serious complaints about sachin than whether he is the 2nd best or not.

Now When SRT fails in a losing cause-It is SRT chokes under pressure and not a big game player. When SRT does not perform in a winning cause-India have 100's of match winners at their disposal and SRT is just a useless bandwagonner. In the last 2 posts I must have summarised Velus and Yodaesqueji's cricketing philosophy Lol

A typical Sachin Hater's logic-When SRT scores and team loses-SRT is a choker. When SRT scores but someone gives a better performance in a winning cause-SRT is not a match winner,that someone else is the best thing since slice bread. They miss the common factor that win or lose SRT performs,this simple logic is lost on them Lol which makes him the greatest
This is actually true.. People forget it's a team game and he cannot really win matches on his own. All who have seen him through out his career praise him even if u like some one else more u cannot accuse him of choking or not contributing cos there were very very few series where he actually failed Just see every away tour before last phrase of his career only place I can really remember him failing completely was New Zealand and South Africa once during tennis elbow years
Nobody hates him,at least I dont. But simply put he aint the greatest.
I was talking about Wisden which rates Sachin as second after Bradman. And I am talking of people of the caliber of Bradman' date=' etc who rate him as second or third best at most[/quote'] sachin gets more weight-age for his consistency .. if we consider the peak , there are many who r better than sachin
sachin gets more weight-age for his consistency .. if we consider the peak ' date=' there are many who r better than sachin[/quote'] And here is a reason no one else in world is so consistent as him everywhere to not really have a country where he failed ..but let's ignore that ..