Dravid dropped from 1st two ODIs vs Pak, Sehwag in!!

Prudent

New Delhi: Virender Sehwag marked his return to the Indian squad for the first two One-Day Internationals against Pakistan at home, while former captain Rahul Dravid was given a 'rest', BCCI Secretary Niranjan Shah announced on Saturday. 15-man team for 1st and 2nd ODIs: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (captain), Yuvraj Singh (vice-captain), Virender Sehwag, Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar, Robin Uthappa, RP Singh, Zaheer Khan, Murali Kartik, Irfan Pathan, S Sreesanth, Rohit Sharma, Harbhajan Singh and Praveen Kumar. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/sehwag-earns-india-recall-dravid-left-out/27643-13.html

yeah sehwag should not open. he should come in no 3 or join with uthappa as a finisher. nice to see praveen get the call up. been very impressive in the ct. you know it'll be funny if kkd outscores veeru today (he's on 63 now) . if he does the selectors will be looking foolish for giving him a spot back.

yeah on performance ... definately badrinath deserved it over sehwag but I think its that with Sehwag , he is someone who on his day can absolutely tear a team apart, and without McGrath ... the aussies might be a bit nervous about taking on Sehwag ... but I agree Badrinath deserved this chance

Indian selectors are pathetic. We replaced a middle order batsmen with another opener who has not shown any ability to score at the highest level in the recent past - this when we ahve a number of young players vying for middle order spot. sheer stupidity.

I cant beleive the selectors took out Dravid after one poor series and that too when he was shifted up and down the order. Now we dont really have an anchor in the team to come at #3. On top of that, Dravid has played some very crucial knocks against Pakistan. So Dravid was in the team just because he was the captain? He loses his place just after he gives up captaincy. On top of that they bring an opener in place of an anchor #3 or #4 On other players, this will be a test for Murali.

I think the difference was that Ganguly was still a very good captain even if he wasnt consistently scoring' date=' he brought a confidence and aggression to the team that wasnt there before. However, eventually the selectors lost patience with him aswell.[/quote'] That is a myth believed by Ganguly fans. Dravid has better captaincy stats than Ganguly. In tests abroad he is all-time #1.

In Ganguly's era selection was a mere formality. Everyone pretty much knew the squad, except for one or two slots. With the excuse of backing players, we'd have played Dravid & KKD, inspite of their horrible form. Am glad to see selectors showing some sense in bringing in Sehwag, who has a huge psychological impact on Pakistan.