For Indian Cricket to improve learn from US Baseball

Midfielder

Please put Dhonis numbers. otherwise I will call BS on that. I am giving some real nos.
Are you sure you are sticking with that number? Because you dont have numbers either.Let me tell you the world record for 60 meter which is 65 yards. Maurice green 6.39 seconds . You are telling me average speed of MB player is very very close to world record. Not even Usain Bolt could do that.

one correction. Although Usain bolt does not hold record in 60 meter race' date=' he got to 60 meter in 6.31 seconds during his 100 meter WR. That is 65 yard in 6.31 seconds.[/quote'] 60 yards 6.9 secs and I am not backing off. Check with the scout camps. Some are faster than that and then some are slower. I just gave the average.This is the level of athleticism. Look I grew up watching cricket and love cricket but once I saw baseball and saw the players I have been in awe. As a matter of fact one of my favorite players ever in any sport is VVS Laxman because once again he was an absolute team player no individual glory. Another baseball concept.Baseball players are some remarkable world class athletes whose every number is accounted for. For football players some of the receivers are 40 yards 4.3 secs. Different yards for different sports.

That is Bartolo who is almost 40. He is an outlier but he still pitches 95-100 mph. That is faster than Lee. He has a tummy but he generates that pace because of his tremendous upper body strength.
No he doesnt pitch. This season at max he has pitched 92mph. P.S I'm a mets fan so I know.

60 yards 6.9 secs and I am not backing off. Check with the scout camps. Some are faster than that and then some are slower. I just gave the average.This is the level of athleticism. Look I grew up watching cricket and love cricket but once I saw baseball and saw the players I have been in awe. As a matter of fact one of my favorite players ever in any sport is VVS Laxman because once again he was an absolute team player no individual glory. Another baseball concept.Baseball players are some remarkable world class athletes whose every number is accounted for. For football players some of the receivers are 40 yards 4.3 secs. Different yards for different sports.
Can they do it like 100 times in a match all day? :winky: under the sun. How many runs scored in an innings by a team tops. Can you tell me the equivalence of genuine fast bowling in Baseball. They bowl like 20 overs on an average in a test match all day. Some have very very long run up. They run hard, they leap, They generate lot of speed. Tell me which act in baseball can come remotely close to this. Sorry man. Baseball is a girly game in my view. Nothing athletic about it. There are plenty of sports that involves lot more athleticism than baseball where you will have an opportunity to show off once in a blue moon. Besides how can you compare to players who carry loads of protective gear in addition to bat. How would you factor in. Will they be able run just as fast with pads on?

Indians by nature are not really athletic. Just in case you don't know we have never won a medal in olympic for running. CLoses we had was PT Usha who finished 4th. If you ask me to choose between Ashwin and the no.1 slugger wtih great athleticism in baseball naturally i would go with Ashwin. wouldn't you?

Can they do it like 100 times in a match all day? :winky: under the sun. How many runs scored in an innings by a team tops. Can you tell me the equivalence of genuine fast bowling in Baseball. They bowl like 20 overs on an average in a test match all day. Some have very very long run up. They run hard' date=' they leap, They generate lot of speed. Tell me which act in baseball can come remotely close to this. Sorry man. Baseball is a girly game in my view. Nothing athletic about it. There are plenty of sports that involves lot more athleticism than baseball where you will have an opportunity to show off once in a blue moon. Besides how can you compare to players who carry loads of protective gear in addition to bat. How would you factor in. Will they be able run just as fast with pads on?[/quote'] These numbers are under time trials. Yes under the sun but cricket players cannot put these numbers even without pads. Cricket players dont bowl 20 overs at a stretch either so it does not matter. baseball pitchers pitch seven innings continuously so that is work load. I have seen Wagner pitch 3 consecutive 99 mph pitches in stadium. I bet no one in this forum has seen a 99 mph bowl in stadium. It just does not happen often. Dont even get me started on flexibility and the strength of these players. You will be floored.

Indians by nature are not really athletic. Just in case you don't know we have never won a medal in olympic for running. CLoses we had was PT Usha who finished 4th. If you ask me to choose between Ashwin and the no.1 slugger wtih great athleticism in baseball naturally i would go with Ashwin. wouldn't you?
I like Ashwin but to me he represents everything that is wrong in Indian cricket. He is physically unfit.

No he doesnt pitch. This season at max he has pitched 92mph. P.S I'm a mets fan so I know.
He is 40. He has pitched easily between 95-100. I have not kept up with him. The point was people were making fun of him without understanding what this guy brings to the table to be wearing that yankee uniform.

These numbers are under time trials. Yes under the sun but cricket players cannot put these numbers even without pads. Cricket players dont bowl 20 overs at a stretch either so it does not matter. baseball pitchers pitch seven innings continuously so that is work load. I have seen Wagner pitch 3 consecutive 99 mph pitches in stadium. I bet no one in this forum has seen a 99 mph bowl in stadium. It just does not happen often. Dont even get me started on flexibility and the strength of these players. You will be floored.
First let them face the the proper cricket bouncer without any equipment as they are superhuman with super reflexes.. then talk. As per you once the ball hits the ground it becomes 60 mph it must be super easy for them to face bouncers without helmet.. Show me one baseball player who could face a bouncer.

I like Ashwin but to me he represents everything that is wrong in Indian cricket. He is physically unfit.
We had a guy Salil Ankola who was supremely fit with great athleticism. But bowled like sh**. Cricket fitness is very different. In baseball i can put lot of fat guys who are in much worse shape than Ashwin. Sorry man. When you want to big up an american sport.. atleast try NBA.. not MLB..

First let them face the the proper cricket bouncer without any equipment as they are superhuman with super reflexes.. then talk. As per you once the ball hits the ground it becomes 60 mph it must be super easy for them to face bouncers without helmet.. Show me one baseball player who could face a bouncer.
It makes no sense to play bouncer without helmet. Why do you want to do that.

It makes no sense to play bouncer without helmet. Why do you want to do that.
You said baseball players have super reflexes better than cricketers. So they must be seeing it like a football . Besides they are used to playing with small bat.. with bigger bat their connection percentage must be 100%.

You said baseball players have super reflexes better than cricketers. So they must be seeing it like a football . Besides they are used to playing with small bat.. with bigger bat their connection percentage must be 100%.
I dont know that because it has not been tried.