Manmohan Singh's former media adviser Sanjaya Baru’s book bruises Congress

scorpio90

Congress, which is reeling under disclosures by the PM's former media advisor Sanjaya Baru and ex-coal secretary P C Parakh, can breathe a sigh of relief with former comptroller and auditor general Vinod Rai deciding to defer his memoirs till the elections, sparing the party of what could have been a triple whammy.
Lucky Con party

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yiv4DrMrhCY Part 2 of this mind blowing interview. Some interesting revelations of vir singhvi and N Ram. You wonder if anything is fair and non paid.
Watched the whole interview and now it seems more and more likely to me that in some ways MMS would have encouraged the publication of this book to clear his record on many issues and tell his story without actually telling it himself. Also, it was rather funny to see Madhu Trehan venting her anger about the unconstitutionality of Sonia Gandhi having power without accountability - she only remembered this after 9 years and 11 months of this Govt are gone!!!

to be honest with you MMS comes across as a big loser simply for clinging to the chair. Lets be honest he has been PM for a decade. he should have made it clear after 2009, look we have the majority or can govern in comfort without the commies. I want you to give me some space to govern otherwise i resign. But no MMS for me will go down as a cowrd who never won a lok sabha election and weakened the office of the prime minister.

to be honest with you MMS comes across as a big loser simply for clinging to the chair. Lets be honest he has been PM for a decade. he should have made it clear after 2009, look we have the majority or can govern in comfort without the commies. I want you to give me some space to govern otherwise i resign. But no MMS for me will go down as a cowrd who never won a lok sabha election and weakened the office of the prime minister.
I agree. When he became the PM then everyone (including the entire opposition and the media etc) had high regard for him as a man having integrity and as someone who was incorruptible apolitical. By remaining the PM of the most corrupt Govt in the history of this country, by not taking any action against corrupt members of his Govt and most importantly, by being completely subservient to Sonia Gandhi, he has ruined his impeccable reputation and has done a disservice to the post of the Prime Minister. Recently he said that he hoped the future generations would judge him kindly - I don't think that will happen. As for not winning an election - he never was a politician so I don't have that much of an issue with that. Even if he had won an election (and I am sure that if he had stood in 2009 then he would have won) it wouldn't have had much effect on MMS the politician - he still would have been subservient to Sonia Gandhi. In the end I think it was his loyalty to the Nehru dynasty that made him to continue as PM and to work under her for 10 years despite his own reputation being destroyed in the process.

so where is the intellectual integrity? India probably might have been better off with Pranab as PM and MMS as finance minister. Atleast he would have the balls to stand upto the Gandhis once in a while. I wont be surprised if the congress leadership asked him to cook the numbers to show India was growing faster than what it was. By the looks of it people like Pranab, Chidu and Ak Anthony basically just did not respect MMS and took turns to make his life difficult and humuliate him. Everybody knew the family treated him as their dog. But now we know even the servants of the family treated him as their dog. @S=G I have no problem with MMS standing in a congress stronghold in 2009. Member of Rajya Sabha from Assam for 10 years. That will go down as a joke. Tells me the high command treated him with disdain and did not want him to gain any confidence. An election victory might put ideas in his head. MMS is what we call "stick to the chair by any means"

one more book by former CAG Vinod Rai coming up.... from Economic times

In fresh embarrassment to the erstwhile UPA regime, particularly to former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, former CAG Vinod Rai has claimed that coalition functionaries had deputed politicians to get him leave out names from the audit reports in the Coalgate and Commonwealth Games scams.

I havent read it.. Plan to read it. Anything which is not already in public domain?
The books is about MMS's leadership style, the inner working of UPA1, Manmohan Singh's equations with Sonia/Rahul and with senior ministers and allies, especially left. It goes into detail about how the Nehru Dynasty was given credit for all major successes. There's quite a lot of praise for MMS but also criticism for his work in UPA2. All in all it was definitely not a collection of gossip columns as the media would have us believe.