India Tour of England, June-Sept 2014

India Tour of England, June-Sept 2014  

1. 1.

• 3 seamers + Binny
    • 3 seamers + Jadeja & Ashwin (-a batsman)
    • 4 seamers + Ashwin or Jadeja (-a batsman)

His captaincy at Lord's was terrible, then on Monday at Headingley I witnessed the worst day of captaincy I have ever seen at international level in almost 25 years in the game. It was horrific, and I am not the only one singing that tune.
Looks like he has not been watching India's matches.
Wonder what you have to say on Tendulkar asking Dhoni to reverse that Bell decision on the last tour. Sachin asked reluctant Dhoni to call back Ian Bell to bat Or again asking Sehwag to take back the appeal of Ashwin mankading Thirimanne. Wonder what state of Nirvana Sachin was back then? Oh wait that was upholding spirit of cricket.
:haha:
How does sporting decision on the field even compare with encouraging the opposition captain when he is down before an important series? This Dhoni love is crossing new boundaries even Sachin blind fans didn't :giggle:
We are Gandhi nation bro...no anger..no violence. Only peace
Dude Gandhi use to OPPOSE the enemy through non-violence. He didn't give big speeches on why a defeat was only a temporary setback for England and why the English should never leave India.

That only means Dhoni knows what Cook is capable of.We must never underestimate a superb player like Cook when he's out of form.He led to England to a test series victory in India not long ago.We must not forget that.Although,publicly admitting that and 'NOT' playing mind games is something else.I don't think Dhoni is a fan of such things.Everyone has his own style.

That only means Dhoni knows what Cook is capable of.We must never underestimate a superb player like Cook when he's out of form.He led to England to a test series victory in India not long ago.We must not forget that.Although' date='publicly admitting that and 'NOT' playing mind games is something else.I don't think Dhoni is a fan of such things.Everyone has his own style.[/quote'] And he can tell his players in the dressing room not to under estimate Cook. If he doesn't want to play mindgames, etc (which is definitely part of a captain's responsibility, IMO), then at least he should not actively encourage him
And he can tell his players in the dressing room not to under estimate Cook. If he doesn't want to play mindgames' date=' etc (which is definitely part of a captain's responsibility, IMO), then at least he should not actively encourage him[/quote'] I sincerely believe the best 'game' you can play is on the field.Rest is just trash.:two_thumbs_up:
I sincerely believe the best 'game' you can play is on the field.Rest is just trash.:two_thumbs_up:
Cricket is a sum of a whole lot of things, not just bowling and batting. And in my opinion, in the past few series, we had lost even before we set foot on the cricket field
How does sporting decision on the field even compare with encouraging the opposition captain when he is down before an important series? This Dhoni love is crossing new boundaries even Sachin blind fans didn't :giggle:
Yep in the past we have seen our captains punching the opposition captains thorugh some real nasty remarks, Would love to get educated on that. And the Sachin example was just to show 'upholding spirit of the game' has always been the mantra in Indian cricket including for its most legendary cricketers except for a few rare occasions (and obviously aimed at riling you a little bit). This is what Sehwag had said on taking back Ashwin's Mankading appeal
The umpires asked India if they wanted to reconsider the appeal and Sehwag, captaining in the absence of MS Dhoni, withdrew the appeal. It was withdrawn, Sehwag said, "because if we appealed and umpire gave him out, then somebody will criticise that, you know, that was not spirit of the game". Sehwag was asked if it was not soft to let the batsman off even after the warning. "It's soft, but that's the way we are," he said.
I think it's very important to back players. It doesn't matter whether he is the captain of the side or a batsman or a bowler. What's important is for the media to realise what they were saying about him [Alastair Cook] the last time we were here how well he has performed.
A bad phase is something that every player goes through and you just need to back players at the right point because when you are getting those big hundreds and two-hundreds then everybody will be on your side. But the real test of character is when your fans or the media or your team-mates are supporting you when you are not doing well.
these are the 2 things dhoni replied when asked about cooks situation. (don't know what exactly the question was) but i hope the question was specifically about cook and the situation he is in. I can't find anything wrong with that. he didn't even back him directly like fletcher but just said a general thing. Can someone tell me what he should have replied? Remember dhoni is representing his nation and he is sitting before media. He simply can't say things like what warne wrote in a column (that would have been breaching ICC code of conducts).