The BJP thread

kabbirann

Its hotting up in Haryana from what i know the BJP is looking at a 55-35 seat sharing formula with INLD in Haryana to guarantee victory. It will also mean that the BJP have 2 INLD seats in the rajya sabha

Next' date= the Rajasthan model: Why Vasundhara Raje is India’s newest reforms icon http://firstbiz.firstpost.com/economy/next-the-rajasthan-model-why-vasundhara-raje-is-indias-newest-reforms-icon-89592.html
Good to see, "No CM after 8 PM" working this time. I have heard from my Rajasthan friends that as a CM, Gehlot was much better than Vasundhra of early 2000. Hopefully Modi has given some strict signals to her.

Several Congress, INLD heavyweights join BJP in Amit Shah's rally Read more at: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/40287022.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst I think Shah will tempt to decapitate the Congress and INLD before the elections. Defections seem to be extremely high in Haryana. Even more than normal. 20 leaders. Thats not a small number.

I think its fair to say that Yeddy will be the face of BJP in karnataka for the assembly polls. Or it will be somebody from his faction with the Ananth Kumar factor accommodated in central government. As far as UP goes, its anybody call who the bjp project. Varun Gandhi maybe a bit to green but had he been retained then it would out sent out a big signal that he was being groomed. Rumours about Kalyan singhs son keep appearing. the bjp IMO need to make their cm candidate clear

So yeddy gets a gig of secretary.... Amit shah's team has no place for Varun Gandhi. Interesting developments.
Yeddy is VP not Gen Secretary. Varun Gandhi is too arrogant for his own good. He does have charisma and the surname - both factors could be to his advantage if he is not arrogant.

I think its fair to say that Yeddy will be the face of BJP in karnataka for the assembly polls. Or it will be somebody from his faction with the Ananth Kumar factor accommodated in central government. As far as UP goes, its anybody call who the bjp project. Varun Gandhi maybe a bit to green but had he been retained then it would out sent out a big signal that he was being groomed. Rumours about Kalyan singhs son keep appearing. the bjp IMO need to make their cm candidate clear
Yeddy is certainly going to be CM candidate next time - Modi and RSS have already made it very clear that corruption/criminal cases is no big deal as far as important positions are concerned (Amit Shah is National prez while Nihal Chand continues to be a Minister). Anath Kumar is done as far as K'taka politics is concerned - in fact most probably he will also be out of BJP's Parliamentary Board to make way for Amit Shah. And then there was Sadanand Gowda but he is now Railway Minister and is doing a good job so I don't see any chance of him being moved back. I don't think they will go with a CM candidate. Varun Gandhi desperately wants to be projected as CM candidate but there are others also - the state BJP Chief Laxmikant Bajpayee's name is being floated around by his supporters. Then there's Rajnath Singh's son Pankaj Singh - he is not a good politician at all but has advanced till now only bcoz of Rajnath Singh and Rajnath will continue to make all efforts to advance his career. Kalyan Singh's son will probably get a Minister of State position in the next cabinet expansion - he is most certainly not in the race to be CM. Though I must say this - Varun Gandhi has the leadership skills, charisma and the surname - everything could work in his favor IF he tries to work well with others instead of being so arrogant and thinking so much of himself all the time.

Anath Kumar is done as far as K'taka politics is concerned
Ananth Kumar is a minister in the union government. More over, he has always been an MP in the Parliament. So, his involvement in state politics was not significant anyway.