Robin uthappa would perform like maxwell in remaining Ipl

skindia

Just see first 4 hit to malinga' date='2 straight drives to bumrah,class act and ppl says he has limited strokes,in each match he is hitting straight drive[/quote'] He's not a match winner he struggles against swing bowling. Plus he's playing in India on pattas

I'm the opener India is looking for: Uthappa http://www.gocricket.com/news/latest-news/IPL-7-Im-the-opener-India-is-looking-for-Uthappa/articleshow/35155881.cms Robin Uthappa has played his part in helping Kolkata Knight Riders stay in the hunt for a play-off berth. The right-hander is currently the fourth highest run-getter in the tournament with 302 runs from nine games. The 28-year-old spoke to TOI about the changes he has made to his batting, the influence of former India batsman Pravin Amre on his game and his hunger return to the Indian team. Excerpts: Could you speak on the alterations you have made to your batting technique? I have made changes in my setup and my initial movements. This has helped me improve my shot selection and my footwork a lot. Was it challenging for you to make changes to your natural game at this stage of your career? It was a little difficult, and I had to work hard at it. As a cricketer you have to keep learning and adapting to the game and that is always a challenge, one that I am always keen on taking on as it only helps me grow. How crucial was Pravin Amre's role as your personal coach? Pravin sir had a very positive influence on my game. There are a lot of things that we have worked on with regard to my technique, approach to the game etc. and I can feel the improvement that he has brought and the results are there for everyone to see. You seem to be enjoying the opener's role after playing in the middle-order in the last few seasons. I'm basically an opening batsman and will always be most comfortable in that role. However, I'm willing to play in any position which suits the team best. As an opening batsman, it is imperative that a good foundation is laid for the team and I intend to do that every time I go out to bat. Coming in the middle-order is quite different as you have fewer balls to settle down. Having been out of the national team, what have you missed the most? Is the hunger still there to make the India cut all over again? I have definitely missed contributing to the success of our team in the last few years. As far as the hunger is concerned, I believe my performances are speaking on my behalf. And I do believe that I am the opening batsman that the team is looking for and am confident that I am going to contribute a lot to the country's success in the future. B-)