PCB more useful than the BCCI

bharat297

We know that the BCCI are useless when the PCB are acting more professional than us. Both India and Pakistan bombed out of World Cup 07 in embarrassing fashion, however just compare how the boards have handled this year. Pakistan * The chairman accepted responsibility for the loss quickly * Quickly selected a new captain * Quickly selected a new coach * Swiftly handled the Shoaib Akthar assault controversy. and now are focusing strongly on improving their cricket. India * Board refusing to accept any responsibility * Were supposed to select a coach in April after the BD tour, it is now November and the coach selection has been postponed indefinately. * After Dravid stepped down, nearly 2 months ago, we are still without a Test Captain and we have a test series in just over 2 weeks. * The handling of Rahul Dravid , is he dropped or rested? Seriously select a captain and coach, particularly the captain. It is almost 90% confirmed that it will be sachin, even though i would prefer laxman or ganguly, so then the BCCI come out and say it will be Sachin and actually act professional for once. The way the PCB are running things, is putting us to shame. We were always poorly run but could at least say, we're not as bad as Pakistan. The PCB are now acting in a much more professional manner, and I am making a prediction now, that if this continues, expect Pakistan to be one of the top 2 teams in the world over the next 2 years. Until our administration is fixed up, we can never hope to get the right selection committe, right team, right coaching staff, and thus the right results. Forget the Big 3, its time for the Big 2 to go ... that is Sharad Pawar and Nirajhan Shah

Both boards are run like a circus. One board (PCB) is morally bankrupt and the other (BCCI) is administratively bankrupt. However I will credit the PCB for standing up against ICC to fight for their players and country, something this BCCI wont do in a million years. PCB managed to get Hair ousted and the dopies restored promptly, against big odds. Imagine BCCI in the same situation ? We get screwed series after series by Bucknor, Chris Broad & the likes. Yet, all these idiots are worried about is ICC's contracts & IPL. No coach, No captain, No vision, No future -- life goes on, on a series by series basis. Thankfully, BCCI does not have to deal with a player like Shoaib.

Hey, BCCI created Indian Premier League ..now they have time for that ..and don't forget Mr. Shah shopping for a porsche
I know this reply is a tongue in cheek one, but ummm...how does it improve our administration and hence our performance? And PCB at least has a spokesperson. Why can't we have one and along with him a media-manager?
I know this reply is a tongue in cheek one, but ummm...how does it improve our administration and hence our performance? And PCB at least has a spokesperson. Why can't we have one and along with him a media-manager?
Chandan, Oh dearing me You missed the sarcasm :embaressed_smile:
Both boards are run like a circus. One board (PCB) is morally bankrupt and the other (BCCI) is administratively bankrupt. However I will credit the PCB for standing up against ICC to fight for their players and country, something this BCCI wont do in a million years. PCB managed to get Hair ousted and the dopies restored promptly, against big odds. Imagine BCCI in the same situation ? We get screwed series after series by Bucknor, Chris Broad & the likes. Yet, all these idiots are worried about is ICC's contracts & IPL. No coach, No captain, No vision, No future -- life goes on, on a series by series basis. Thankfully, BCCI does not have to deal with a player like Shoaib.
Brilliant post ! Ever considered applying for the post of India coach ? I heard they are still taking applications. :D Throughly enjoy your forthright and accurate views !
Ever considered applying for the post of India coach ? I heard they are still taking applications. :D
Applying for Indian coach ? Apparently Gavaskar has to get well before such an application is even available, for which some stoopid virus must desert his system. You see, friggin viruses and mosquiotoes are running the richest cricket board in the world.:cantstop:
She didn't - she did say yours was a toungue in cheek reply. Bottomline: Who will bell the cat (bcci)?
Hmm, then why the question ins the same post!! It was pure sarcasm which warranted a smiley and nothing more Re: Bottomline - The Cat is outta hand