So where are the self appointed analysts of the forum hiding?

There we go Kirti Azad summed it up "Spinner's Craftsmanship comes into play when the pitch doesn't help spinners and yet he manages to bowl good. Shane warne, panesar have done it, this is where our bowlers lack"

Harbajhan is bowling well and he usually does ... in India . Lets see how he goes in Australia, Kartik too. India have never really had a good spinner in ODIs who can perform abroad and besides Kumble we havent had a consistent spinner who can perform abroad in Tests in a long time I hope Bhajji and Kartik can be a long-term spin combination for us, but I guess only time will tell. I wouldnt drop him.

Bhajji was econimcal and didn't try to create wickets. Pakistan gave a wicket to him to slog him out. He bowls the irritating middle-leg line, in which you hardly get wickets but get it wihen the batsmen lose patience. Where is the loop, flight, teasing widlh and just short of length deliveries of a classic off-spin bowler?

He didn't do anything spectacular. We are more or less used to his 30/40 for 1 off 10 overs. Doesn't seem to be able to run through sides anymore.
True, but to be fair - most spinners are incapable of "running through" a batting lineup, or even a middle order for that matter. I have only seen three spinners - Warne, Saqlain and Chuttiah - do that with some regularity. Powar is better than Harbhajan though - they should bring him back ASAP. Bhajji should be 3rd in the pecking order behind Murali and Powar

Well if we are picking 2 spinners then going with Kartik , who can flight it, get some loop, bounce and turn, in combination with Harbajhan who can fire it into the pads and dry up the runs, we could actually be effective. However, I will wait until the Australian series in Australia to decide what I think of the pair. Of the 2 I think Kartik is the better spinner though because he has had success in England too, where it is not as easy for overseas spinners (besides warne).