****Maharashtra Assembly Elections 2014 Thread***

G_B_

if and i stress if this news is true its bad news for the BJP. They are being held responsible for the break. I think the Sena is going to stoke up anti gujarati sentiment in maharashtra aimed at Amit Shah. Modi is loved by all. He cannot be attacked. But Shah can.

btw Uddhav Thakarey is also a practicing Jain (he considered himself Hindu Jain) . Amit Shah is also a Jain. I am hearing lots of rumours that Jain religious leaders in Mumbai and Maharashtra are livid with Shah for breaking the alliance and are asking their flock to mobalise money to the shiv sena.

I have a feeling that shivsena-bjp battle would be more bitter than ncp-congress. Extremely stupid from NCP and Congress to break alliance even after knowing fate of ss-bjp alliance. Defeat of bjp would have been taken as another defeat and would have further encouraged non- bjp alliances across country. Disappointed with this breakup. Ajit pawar's ambitions have gone too far. He would come to ground in these elections.

I have a feeling that shivsena-bjp battle would be more bitter than ncp-congress. Extremely stupid from NCP and Congress to break alliance even after knowing fate of ss-bjp alliance. Defeat of bjp would have been taken as another defeat and would have further encouraged non- bjp alliances across country. Disappointed with this breakup. Ajit pawar's ambitions have gone too far. He would come to ground in these elections.
Why is aap not contesting? :giggle:

How will SS campaign against BJP.... By calling BJP communal??:cantstop:
by calling them a party who does not care about Marathi interests.... Its pretty obvious. I am surprised you even asked that question. Hindutva is not the only pillar the Sena stand on.

So its clear that the RPI has decided to go with the BJP. The sena and uddhav thakarey have/has been outmaneuvered. The BJP hold all the cards. RPI will easily add 5% to the BJP vote in mumbai which is crucial. The remaining 3 will add 5% in western maharashtra. BJP have played their cards extremely well. Will be surprised if they dont have their own CM. They will have a choice between the sena and the ncp if they fail to win outright. The sena will be lucky to get 50.

Congress and SP alliance collapsed in a single day. Another thing' date=' which haven't been mentioned, is AIMIM, and their impact? Will that split the Muslims votes commonly known as secular votes in India?[/quote'] i doubt it Maybe long term. But not in this election.

Uddhav Thackeray most popular CM candidate; 38 percent respondents will vote for Shiv Sena 8pm%20natije%2002.jpg>8pm%20natije%2009.jpghttp://www.abplive.in/incoming/2014/09/26/article407806.ece/ABP-News-Nielsen-Survey-Maharashtra-heading-for-hung-assembly#.VCZpRUpX-uY
Quite surprised by those results..... I doubt if that is truly the situation on the ground. I think this poll was probably conducted only in Thane :cantstop:

Just have to wait till modi does a few rallies there' date='the bjp cadre is all pumped up,dynamics will defo Change within 10-12 days[/quote'] State elections are not determined by national figures. Modi campaigned in many states in the last one year and results were not that encouraging. Voters know that Modi has no role as such to play in the administration of a state. So even if he holds rallies and draws large audiences, it does not mean that would translate into votes.

Quite surprised by those results..... I doubt if that is truly the situation on the ground. I think this poll was probably conducted only in Thane :cantstop:
This must be beacuse BJP has no recognized face in Maharashtra. Also if Devendra Fadnavis were to be the CM, the power may shift from Mumbai to Nagpur.

This must be beacuse BJP has no recognized face in Maharashtra. Also if Devendra Fadnavis were to be the CM' date=' the power may shift from Mumbai to Nagpur.[/quote'] Well, I thought that this same channel was projecting Prithviraj Chavan as the most popular CM candidate just few weeks ago. What surprises me is the % of approval for UT, which I feel may not be a true indicator for all Maharashtra.