Modi Sarkar Social Issues Tracker Thread (Ache din aane wale hain)

cндябеяs

I have not heard a better speech than the one today at 15 August by PM. Good One.
AB Vajpayee ? He was better orator I feel. Modi's content was good. Touched almost everything. The thing I liked most was that he had guts to bring a problem like rape at that stage. :hatsoff:

AB Vajpayee ? He was better orator I feel. Modi's content was good. Touched almost everything. The thing I liked most was that he had guts to bring a problem like rape at that stage. :hatsoff:
blaming boys for rape, and asking parents not to fault girl for sexual harassment. big statement for me

Good move to abolish Planning Commission. Also good to hear issues like sanitation, rape in the speech - now for some action on these. The speech would have been better if instead of merely talking about issues, he would have talked of some solutions or actions that would be taken to counter the problems.

Good move to abolish Planning Commission. Also good to hear issues like sanitation, rape in the speech - now for some action on these. The speech would have been better if instead of merely talking about issues, he would have talked of some solutions or actions that would be taken to counter the problems.
Very true. Only If dadaji were PM...:hmmm: Dadaji Lao Desh Bachao Should I get started with the campaign or you?

Great speech, bringing back the pride. I really hope one of his simplest goal, eradicating open defecation, is eliminated and government employees take it as a serious task.
India is already spending billions on these things. Situation is improving every year. Long way to go though

spent billions over 68 years... and ??
No they didn't. Toilets weren't even a priority till recently. These are recent schemes. And every year more toilets are being build. Things are improving very steadily on these fronts - healthcare, primary education, sanitation (including toilets) and clean water. We are coming a long way in these things and WHO recognizes this as well. Our governments might be corrupt but people actually working on these schemes have been doing a great job

Just to be clear, a new institution would be created instead of the Planning Commission.

An important element of Modi’s speeches is that he never deviates from his pet themes - to the point about being boringly repetitive. Whether it is the focus on cleanliness (Gandhi’s passion), or the girl child (Beti Bachau, Beti Padhao), or better sanitation and toilets for every one (he promised toilets in every school within one year), he never tires of repeating his ideas. This was the case in his campaign speeches, where he talked of Congress-mukt Bharat, or Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Ek Bharat, Shresht Bharat, etc. I have often wondered why he repeats himself so much. During his speech I found quite a few members of his audience looking bored and impatient. Modi can’t be unaware of this. So why does he do it? Why does he not try a new message every time? Or make his speeches shorter? My guess is Modi understands Indians better than most of us do. He knows that we are prone to forgetting most things quickly. We start things and never finish them. We are great in visioning exercises, poor in execution. In fact, parts of Modi's speeches found their way into the President's message yesterday too. Modi probably repeats himself in order to impress on everybody that some priorities cannot be abandoned halfway. It may make for boring speeches, but consistency in emphasising priorities is vital to execution and prioritisation. This is the message all leaders know instinctively.
http://www.firstpost.com/india/modis-i-day-mantra-dont-complain-get-off-your-butts-become-karma-yogis-1665571.html Important point.