Modi Sarkar Social Issues Tracker Thread (Ache din aane wale hain)

cндябеяs

There is no bloody reaosn to answer your questions because those are totally irrelevant. You postured as if those who criticize URA haven't read any of his works and should do so before posting negative remarks against them, essentially pontificating and taking a higher pedestal. And I asked you whether you have in the first place read those, you are asking me back! Posters here aren't fools with a few exceptions my boy.
If you can't answer, say I can't answer because i'll stand exposed then. Now call back your cheerleaders to mourn your loss of face here.

Then don't post implied things as original statement. It can imply thousand other things based on predisposition of the person. Have some honesty. You have been caught many times doing this.
He specifically mentioned increasing the Dalit population, which I underlined. His intent is clear to me, which I restated. In any case, my original point stands: each of these "psecular" parties is communal if not casteist. And some are particularly violent. If you want an example of fascism, look at Mamata and the violent goonda raj she has unleashed in her state. Her MP has openly called for raping the wives of opposition workers and indeed such acts have been perpetrated. Some say she has even surpassed the communists in the violence, so much so that the communist and congress workers are joining BJP in hope of protection from TMC goons.

And I ask you again - in what way was that a publicity stunt? For what exactly did he need publicity? I don't have a problem with anyone supporting Modi - its their personal view and if they support him bcoz of their own genuine reasons then good for them.. Really???? Have you had your eyes closed for the last one year? Modi Bhakts' view has been that if someone praises Modi then it is ALWAYS for a genuine reason and not bcoz of publicity etc but if someone criticizes Modi then it is ALWAYS bcoz the person is, in the words of Seedhi, "attention-whoare, and was a coward and a hypocrite to boot. "
Obviously, you will neglect the threat of what UR said, which makes it a publicity stunt. Nobody has talked about the content of what UR said, it's his opinion and I do disagree with it but at least I can accept it's his right to form his own opinion. Anybody can be criticized in the country, even Modi and even UR Anandmuthy. Kejriwal also made a threat in elections time about like voting for BJP is against God. I am against such idea and party in particular. AAP, who thinks Kejriwal as a supreme being and immune from criticism. Over the last decade, if anybody bashes Modi, he/she becomes a noble person, free of all previous guilt and controversies. And UPA government awarded them with handsome rewards and prizes for their propaganda. And if anybody dared to rebuttal their arguments, they would quickly be branded a facist or some other nasty words. You need to rewind history, you will see a lot of dirty and abuses articles/statements about Modi. But then, just because it is Modi, anybody in support should be just quiet. Is that what you want?

If you can't answer' date=' say I can't answer because i'll stand exposed then. Now call back your cheerleaders to mourn your loss of face here.[/quote']Just tell me this : is it necessary to have read even a single work of URA before criticizing him for his political views and his hypocrisy ? You brought up this issue of who has or has not read URA when his literary skills were not even the issue on which he is being criticized. And how does Tagore come into the picture ? The other poster has made no claims about Tagore.

No you watch the video and understand what was said in kannada and who said what.
Is there UR Ananthamurthy in that video? ps: did not see the video.. but looking at the video comments, it looks like a discussion in the news channel

Is there UR Ananthamurthy in that video? ps: did not see the video.. but looking at the video comments, it looks like a discussion in the news channel
I watched the first few minutes and no he is not there in the video. It has a guy named kalburgi who was talking about gods and he recounts URA's ghost story in his speech.

I watched the first few minutes and no he is not there in the video. It has a guy named kalburgi who was talking about gods and he recounts URA's ghost story in his speech.
checked it.. its a discussion in the tv channel where URA is not present. the only source is supposedly a book written by URA about superstitions & nude worship of certain gods
The case comes after a Kannada news channel telecast a report about scholar and former Vice Chancellor of the Kannada University M M Kalburgi’s comments at a public programme. Speaking at a programme on June 9, Kalburgi had referred to remarks made by Jnanapith awardee U R Ananthamurthy about idol worship in a collection of essays called “Bettale Puje Yake Kudadhu” (roughly translated as “Why nude worship is not acceptable”). The book was published in 1996 and has been re-printed since then.

Just tell me this : is it necessary to have read even a single work of URA before criticizing him for his political views and his hypocrisy ? You brought up this issue of who has or has not read URA when his literary skills were not even the issue on which he is being criticized. And how does Tagore come into the picture ? The other poster has made no claims about Tagore.
Dude is rolling in the mud... nopoint rolling with him..

He specifically mentioned increasing the Dalit population' date=' which I underlined. [b']His intent is clear to me, which I restated. In any case, my original point stands: each of these "psecular" parties is communal if not casteist. And some are particularly violent. .
Then you should have restated as your own interpretation, not as the statement of that person. That's where you compromised on honesty and you must admit that. Though Bihar CM's statement was offensive, without doubt.

Then you should have restated as your own interpretation' date= not as the statement of that person. That's where you compromised on honesty and you must admit that.
There is no room for interpretation here. What he has said means exactly what I restated because of his unequivocal purpose of increasing Dalit population, which - in an inter-caste marriage - can only increase if the groom in Dalit and can never increase if the groom is not Dalit. You tell me - what sort of inter-caste marriage could he possibly have meant which increases Dalit population?

There is no room for interpretation here. What he has said means exactly what I restated because of his unequivocal purpose of increasing Dalit population' date=' which - in an inter-caste marriage - can [i']only increase if the groom in Dalit and can never increase if the groom is not Dalit. You tell me - what sort of inter-caste marriage could he possibly have meant which increases Dalit population?
You are dishonest. Statement of Bihar CM, verbatim."Dalit youths should marry people from other castes " You wrote " Just two days ago the Chief Minister of Bihar said that dalit men should marry upper caste women to increase the lower caste population." Still you don't admit that you did malicious twisting. Caught red-handed twisting statement, making it more provocative.

You are dishonest. Statement of Bihar CM, verbatim."Dalit youths should marry people from other castes " You wrote " Just two days ago the Chief Minister of Bihar said that dalit men should marry upper caste women to increase the lower caste population." Still you don't admit that you did malicious twisting. Caught red-handed twisting statement, making it more provocative.
Here is the statement of Bihar CM :
Marry outside caste to increase your population, Bihar CM advises Dalits .... Manjhi said if the Dalits succeeded in increasing their population count from 16 to 22 per cent through inter-caste marriage, then the community will rule the state. "If we make up 22 per cent of the population and get those votes, nobody else but us will be in power in the state," Manjhi said at a public function. .......... http://news.oneindia.in/patna/marry-outside-caste-to-increase-population-bihar-cm-advises-dalits-1507782.html
I ask again : what sort of inter-caste marriage could the CM have meant when he wanted Dalit youths to increase the Dalit population ?

With initiatives like "Love Jihad" in UP there are hardly any doubts remained that how BJP polarized people in the name of religion which they disguised under cover of Development agenda. Looking at the communal situation in UP since Modi came to power, whole thing has got exposed. I have full confidence on Indian populace commitment towards secularism in the country. Modi's win in this election is one-off case which was more caused by inept leadership of Congress. But things are unfolding, I am sure this win would remain nothing more than an aberration on the secular credentials of the country which would be corrected at the first available opportunity. Need of the hour is for all non-communal parties to come together and fend-off this threat to the fundamental democratic structure of the country.
icf has its own lalu yadav :giggle:

Modi’s first check-up as PM cripples AIIMS

Narendra Modi’s first routine heart and eye check-up as Prime Minister at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Sunday left hundreds of patients and their attendants fuming as his security enforced an unprecedented clampdown. The PM’s special security and the Delhi Police’s security wing cordoned off a major section of India's premier government hospital at 5am. Modi, 63, arrived for his check-up at 8.30am. Security personnel swarmed AIIMS and Ansari Nagar and shut down all shops including chemists. The hospital looked abandoned but the chemist store inside was open. A doctor who did not want to be named told HT, “Patients with appointments and patients without identity cards were not allowed to enter the eye and heart centres. Even staff was not allowed inside till 8am. They were finally allowed in only after extensive frisking. It has never happened before.†Patients who were coming to the hospital’s RP Eye Centre and Cardio-Neuro Sciences Centre were not allowed inside even though they were called for a follow-up. Lifts and escalators around the hospital and AIIMS Metro station were closed, inconveniencing commuters and patients. “My mother (a patient) can’t walk properly, much less climb stairs. She was feeling sick while coming out of the metro station because she had to climb stairs. It’s a good number of stairs at the AIIMS exit,†said Pratap Singh. Narayani Devi, 32, who had come from Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh, with her husband for a follow-up, was upset over the unexpected security clampdown. “Nobody informed us about the delay. We were given appointment for 9am but these security people said come after an hour. Doesn’t the PM know how difficult it is to get a date in AIIMS? God knows when I will get the next date,†she said. Mohammad Rizwan (name changed), whose father is admitted in the hospital, complained about his children going without breakfast. “They are not letting us bring food inside. We asked them to frisk us and check the tiffin but they didn’t allow us in. We have small kids with us who are hungry. All the shops are also shut,†he said. A woman in her 70s pleaded with a security official outside the eye centre, “Bhaiyya main aatankwadi nahi hoon; aap check kar lo. Maine doctor ko dikhana hai, main takleef mein hoon (I’m not a terrorist, you may frisk me. I have to see a doctor, I’m in great pain).†The official politely asked her to wait. Patients showed little interest in catching a glimpse of the PM, being more keen on knowing when he would leave. The security pressure eased around 11.30am. The PM left AIIMS at 1.45pm. He underwent preventive tests including an ECG, echocardiogram, refraction and eye pressure measurement. According to hospital sources, the reports were mostly normal, but it will take a couple of days for all the test results to come.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/pm-undergoes-medical-check-up-at-aiims/article1-1255839.aspx the messiah of ache din doesnt feel safe himself

With initiatives like "Love Jihad" in UP there are hardly any doubts remained that how BJP polarized people in the name of religion which they disguised under cover of Development agenda. Looking at the communal situation in UP since Modi came to power, whole thing has got exposed. I have full confidence on Indian populace commitment towards secularism in the country. Modi's win in this election is one-off case which was more caused by inept leadership of Congress. But things are unfolding, I am sure this win would remain nothing more than an aberration on the secular credentials of the country which would be corrected at the first available opportunity. Need of the hour is for all non-communal parties to come together and fend-off this threat to the fundamental democratic structure of the country.
:hysterical::hysterical: This should be moved to the jokes section.

Isn't the worship of god is blind faith and superstition, or it only becomes blind faith if you worship a stone and it is not if you circuambulate around a stone or if you believe one is resurrected after being dead. After all it is called faith, had it any basis it would have been called as science. Where is the proof that any god exists. All are superstitions.