Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

FischerTal

is it printed anywhere they have brahmin ethos? Strictly adheres to Brahminism? sorry on the Parrikar part. Yes he is indeed Brahmin. But the rest is all poppycock.
First we need to understand what brahmin ethos is ?? You used the term first .. So kindly explain..I will have my reply then.. I need to know what you meant by Brahmin Ethos..

First we need to understand what brahmin ethos is ?? You used the term first .. So kindly explain..I will have my reply then.. I need to know what you meant by Brahmin Ethos..
The RSS aims to encompass all dharmic religions. This is why for example Amit Shah despite being a Jain has a RSS background. Certain Dharmic religions do not have a caste system. The RSS itself taking cue from its spiritual head Veer Savarkar does not believe in the caste system and aims to abolish it. The RSS is simply a body which believes in Hindu (a broad definition for any religion which originates within the confines of the Indian subcontinent) cultural identity. This is why festivals like Pola Gudi Padwa (marathi new year) is celebrated with more gusto by the RSS than than traditional mainstream Indian holidays. Their emphasis on Hindi for example is not some sort of means to shove culture down people's throat. It simply a means for integration. As per the RSS considering some 50% of Indias current population do speak Hindi at home. It is simply more efficient for the others to learn it. That position is similar to the communist party of china which has imposed standard mandarin or even pakistan which has imposed Urdu. The RSS in itself has no issue in people speaking multiple languages. But they insist Hindi must be one of them. Current chief Mohan Bhagwat is fluent in both Hindu and Marathi.

i dont know about that but I know he is vegetarian like most of the Gujjus..
It is not hard to deduce that....... I asked you a specific question about his life style..........you don't really have an answer, right? Don't you think that it is a bit far-fetched to claim that you are categorically certain of someone's close-personal beliefs without knowing said person at a personal level? Do you know for sure that Modi believes in all vedic traditions?.......Or is that he believes in some vedic traditions?...... There is nothing wrong in making educated guesses about a person's personal beliefs on the basis of available information.........but to portray guess-timations as matters of fact in an argument is a bit disingenuous.......

and for all those who want to know what the RSS stands for just read the thoughts of Veer Savarkar and mellow it down. Sawarkar for example hated parts of the vedas for their ritual content. If anything Sawarkar was closer to binding hinduism with nature. It is a trait he shared with Himmler (the only trait) Sawarkar can be seen as a modernizer within the context of Hinduism. He believed in cultural and political hinduism over what any book had to say.

and for the record I am not a Brahmin. I am born in the UK but my father's caste is classified as being OBC. Not that it matters to me. The RSS shakas are open to anybody and anyone of a Dharma faith regardless of background. From what i know many hindus of OBC and SC castes are climbing the RSS based on merit. It will be only a matter of time somebody makes it to the top. The likes of Modi and Gopinath Munde Kalyan singh etc were just the first wave.

It is not hard to deduce that....... I asked you a specific question about his life style..........you don't really have an answer, right? Don't you think that it is a bit far-fetched to claim that you are categorically certain of someone's close-personal beliefs without knowing said person at a personal level? Do you know for sure that Modi believes in all vedic traditions?.......Or is that he believes in some vedic traditions?...... There is nothing wrong in making educated guesses about a person's personal beliefs on the basis of available information.........but to portray guess-timations as matters of fact in an argument is a bit disingenuous.......
Dude.. His actions speak ...First PM to perform Ganga Aarthi...Never before had a PM openly proclaimed his religious belief.. He went and offered prayers to Pashupathinath temple in nepal..even donated 2500 kgs of sandalwood.. Just listen to his speech to doctors at reliance foundation..he asked them to take inspiration from ancient India...examples include Lord Ganesh's plastic surgery etc.. His speech In UN refers to Vasudaiva kutumbakam quote from the vedas... he wanted to visit birthplace of Sita recently.... I can go on and on....Do you remember any PM of India so promoting a belief like him...

So all gujjus are Brahmins as well? :hmmm: Modi=vegetarian Vegetarian=Brahmin Modi=gujju Gujjus=vegetarian So gujjus=Brahmin :woot:
i am not trying to bring in caste related discussion....Just responding to some one who said RSS does noy have brahmin ethos...Which I think is utter nonsense..

Dude.. His actions speak ...First PM to perform Ganga Aarthi...Never before had a PM openly proclaimed his religious belief.. He went and offered prayers to Pashupathinath temple in nepal..even donated 2500 kgs of sandalwood.. Just listen to his speech to doctors at reliance foundation..he asked them to take inspiration from ancient India...examples include Lord Ganesh's plastic surgery etc.. His speech In UN refers to Vasudaiva kutumbakam quote from the vedas... he wanted to visit birthplace of Sita recently.... I can go on and on....Do you remember any PM of India so promoting a belief like him...
I'm not disputing the part about his beliefs in the vedas........but you called him a vedic supremacist or a believer in vedic supremacy.......that is a heavy duty term my friend....... Now, I know that he is very proud of India's Hindu history and often highlights Hindu cultural achievements in his speeches.......but he has never, not to my knowledge at least, said something like "Vedic traditions reign supreme over all other cultural traditions......Hinduism is the only true religion".......those are the words of a supremacist.......and that is more or less what you said he is........

and for all those who want to know what the RSS stands for just read the thoughts of Veer Savarkar and mellow it down. Sawarkar for example hated parts of the vedas for their ritual content. If anything Sawarkar was closer to binding hinduism with nature. It is a trait he shared with Himmler (the only trait) Sawarkar can be seen as a modernizer within the context of Hinduism. He believed in cultural and political hinduism over what any book had to say.
First of all RSS was founded by hegdewar...It is not atheistic organization by any stretch of imagination...It is based on Hindutva idealogy period...Its ideal in its own terms is : Expressed in the simplest terms, the ideal of the Sangh is to carry the nation to the pinnacle of glory, through organising the entire society and ensuring protection of Hindu Dharma.

I'm not disputing the part about his beliefs in the vedas........but you called him a vedic supremacist or a believer in vedic supremacy.......that is a heavy duty term my friend....... Now, I know that he is very proud of India's Hindu history and often highlights Hindu cultural achievements in his speeches.......but he has never, not to my knowledge at least, said something like "Vedic traditions reign supreme over all other cultural traditions......Hinduism is the only true religion".......those are the words of a supremacist.......and that is more or less what you said he is........
First Things First, i am in no way criticizing Modi..In fact I am a huge supporter of him..and I am happy that he is openly flaunting his hindu beliefs... Also please dont attribute what I have not said to me...I never attributed your quote (in bold ) to Modi...Please look at my post.. just to quote Modi in his speech: "We can feel proud of what our country achieved in medical science at one point of time. We all read about Karna in Mahabharat. If we think a little more, we realize that Mahabharat says Karna was not born from his mother’s womb. This means that genetic science was present at that time. That is why Karna could be born outside his mother’s womb. ... We worship Lord Ganesh. There must have been some plastic surgeon at that time who got an elephant’s head on the body of a human being and began the practice of plastic surgery.â€

the RSS does have a brahmin Ethos..get your facts right...Also Modi may be born as an OBC but he strictly adheres to Brahminism...One need not be born as a brahmin to cultivate Brahmin ethos..Modi is a prime example... Bottom line is : BJP is a hindutva party and is guided by the RSS which is a brahminic organization..
Prease exprain.

First of all RSS was founded by hegdewar...It is not atheistic organization by any stretch of imagination...It is based on Hindutva idealogy period...Its ideal in its own terms is : Expressed in the simplest terms, the ideal of the Sangh is to carry the nation to the pinnacle of glory, through organising the entire society and ensuring protection of Hindu Dharma.
Guy who coined the term "hindutva": Savarkar, intended it purely for cultural, political reasons.

Also please dont attribute what I have not said to me...I never attributed your quote (in bold ) to Modi...Please look at my post..
Quoting you to yourself
His Life style and beliefs are open book to everyone.. he openly expresses his belief in vedic traditions and vedic supremacy...
I'm attributing what you said to you alone.......
just to quote Modi in his speech: "We can feel proud of what our country achieved in medical science at one point of time. We all read about Karna in Mahabharat. If we think a little more, we realize that Mahabharat says Karna was not born from his mother’s womb. This means that genetic science was present at that time. That is why Karna could be born outside his mother’s womb. ... We worship Lord Ganesh. There must have been some plastic surgeon at that time who got an elephant’s head on the body of a human being and began the practice of plastic surgery.”
How does this show that he believes in vedic supremacy? He is making a few far-fetched claims......I'm not denying this.......but my problem is with you calling him a believer in Vedic supremacy.......are you sure that you are aware of the compounding effect that the word supremacy/supremacist has?

Quoting you to yourself I'm attributing what you said to you alone....... How does this show that he believes in vedic supremacy? He is making a few far-fetched claims......I'm not denying this.......but my problem is with you calling him a believer in Vedic supremacy.......are you sure that you are aware of the compounding effect that the word supremacy/supremacist has?
It is so obvious here ..Is'nt it. it perfectly shows his belief in ancient vedic science. You may call it as a far fetched claim but the fact is he made that speech and it clearly shows his belief.. and that is what I exactly said in my earlier post..

It is so obvious here ..Is'nt it. it perfectly shows his belief in ancient vedic science. You may call it as a far fetched claim but the fact is he made that speech and it clearly shows his belief.. and that is what I exactly said in my earlier post..
Listen........you said that he believes in Vedic supremacy.......Again, do you understand the gravity of the term supremacy/supremacist?? Supremacy su·prem·a·cy noun \sə-ˈpre-mə-sē, sü- also -ˈprē-\ : the quality or state of having more power, authority, or status than anyone else : the state of being supreme Supremacist su·prem·a·cist noun \sə-ˈpre-mə-sist, sü-\ : a person who believes that one group of people is better than all other groups and should have control over them My issue is with your usage of the word supremacy......... What you quoted above were a few highly speculative statements that he made.......I'm in no way defending the veracity of those statements.......but Modi has never claimed vedic culture and traditions to be supreme.......if you think he has or does.......then it is strictly a figment of your imagination..........