Congratulations Pakistan

Gambit

Good game and a good win for Pakistan- chasing such a massive total is no joke. After the intial brilliance by SRT it looked as if IND would almost bat PAK out of the game but Gul bowled a fiery spell to bring PAK back in the game. I was also quite impressed by S Tanvir's bowling. That over that he bowled to Yuvraj and Uthappha was awesome. From the batting POV i am very happy at S Butt is playing but still don't think that Kamran should open. Yunus Khan's innings was outstanding, he had a bit of luck with one close LBW shout and a drop catch or two but it was a very well paced innings. In the past YK hasn't always looked to have a game plan in the ODIs but today he summed up the situation very well. With 34 to get off 18 balls IND were still the favorites but S Afridi played a very intelligent innings(that's 2 games in a row now) and played to his strength.

I am impressed by Tanvir's batting. He can hit the ball cleanly and knows how to find the boundaries. He nearly stole the show in the Twenty20 final with that six towards the end and today he played another very valuable innings at the death.
Yes some of his leg side shots are very good but seems a bit limited on the off side.

match was fixed There is no way pakistan should have won the game. The target of 320 can be defended no matter how good the pitch and no matter how good the oposition team. In the last series against australia we defended 291 in similar sort of wicket and i think indian bowlers can defend total around 300 easily.And by no strecth of imagination is pakistan batting order is better than australias. Another thing to notice was body language of dhoni while he came to bat and while he was in the field a dhoni x factor was clearly missing in yesterdays game and it seemed he is doing all that against his nature. Indian batting lineup is too good to be loosing their way after sucha good start. If bhajji can throw his bat and get runs why cant dhoni and robin and co. It was alll a well planned clasic example of fixed match. I am not sayin this coz i dont like pakistan or i cant take pakistan winning. But simply because these were the things i noticed in the last game which were realy confusing. Lets see what my frends think of this.

There is no way pakistan should have won the game. The target of 320 can be defended no matter how good the pitch and no matter how good the oposition team. In the last series against australia we defended 291 in similar sort of wicket and i think indian bowlers can defend total around 300 easily.And by no strecth of imagination is pakistan batting order is better than australias. Another thing to notice was body language of dhoni while he came to bat and while he was in the field a dhoni x factor was clearly missing in yesterdays game and it seemed he is doing all that against his nature. Indian batting lineup is too good to be loosing their way after sucha good start. If bhajji can throw his bat and get runs why cant dhoni and robin and co. It was alll a well planned clasic example of fixed match. I am not sayin this coz i dont like pakistan or i cant take pakistan winning. But simply because these were the things i noticed in the last game which were realy confusing. Lets see what my frends think of this.
Pak chased 319-7 to win in india 2005... was that fixed as well? Pak scored 345 chasing 350 in 2004.. was that fixed as well?

see guys i totally understand what you are trying to say. you guys think if match was fixed than india would have never scored 320. But just imagine how can a bookmaker make more money. Can he tempt more people to bet if it is a dull contest where india scores just 180 or 200. The larger the total more the time they get the get the bettings from the punters. So they have to in the end also prove that india really dint do that bad as we won the first game and cannot just show our worst performance in the next game. what say?