The Tech Thread

Sachin=GOD

I don't know much about that but I remember airtel posting profits and they are only in this field .:hmmm: and with amount of growth I find it hard to believe what you said .
most of these telecom companies are complete chors. no wonder they are posting profits. they never pay their workers. both of my uncles are electrical/telecom contractors for these big companies. they never get their money on time. its so bad right now in india for small businesses. reliance hasn't paid my uncle 2 lakh rupees for the past 3 years, my other uncle still hasn't got 5 crores from godrej.

most of these telecom companies are complete chors. no wonder they are posting profits. they never pay their workers. both of my uncles are electrical/telecom contractors for these big companies. they never get their money on time. its so bad right now in india for small businesses. reliance hasn't paid my uncle 2 lakh rupees for the past 3 years' date=' my other uncle still hasn't got 5 crores from godrej.[/quote'] Can you post profits by not paying employees ? :cantstop: Also forget about them being mismanaged you post profit with inflow of revenue not by not paying workers or expenses ..that is another thing that company might be mismanaged specially reliance but I am sure it's not same in airtel . You can even tell this by how their customer service are ..

@ S=G thanks @sabby my brother works in reliance telecom. he told me right now telecom market is most bankrupt market in india. its only because companies like reliance are investing into this field that there is some cash inflow. basically he said don't expect good service from reliance because they are not in it for the long run
Another legacy of UPA. They totally screwed up the telecom sector and NDA is not doing too well till now - they are also making some of the mistakes made by UPA like increasing the spectrum price to unreasonable levels. The spectrum auction is scheduled soon and every single telecom has told the Govt that base price is too high but to no avail. The total amount of debt in this sector will be so high as to force operators to increase prices soon. Hmmm...thats interesting. I didn't think that Mukesh Ambani would be in it for the short term because he has wanted to be in telecom for a long time (in fact IIRC Reliance Telecom was his idea before the group was partitioned) and he has given command of Reliance Joi to his son Akash now. I personally dont think that they will exit quickly, especially since Data is now a more lucrative market than Voice in Indian Telecom.

Can you post profits by not paying employees ? :cantstop: Also forget about them being mismanaged you post profit with inflow of revenue not by not paying workers or expenses ..that is another thing that company might be mismanaged specially reliance but I am sure it's not same in airtel . You can even tell this by how their customer service are ..
well these are not their official employees per se. they are contractors who get the job to work on supplying materials like wires, cables etc and installing them. one of my uncles builds mobile towers for all the telecom companies. even though contracts are signed between both parties, money doesn't come by the promised time. you can't go to court otherwise it takes years for dispute to resolve

Another legacy of UPA. They totally screwed up the telecom sector and NDA is not doing too well till now - they are also making some of the mistakes made by UPA like increasing the spectrum price to unreasonable levels. The spectrum auction is scheduled soon and every single telecom has told the Govt that base price is too high but to no avail. The total amount of debt in this sector will be so high as to force operators to increase prices soon. Hmmm...thats interesting. I didn't think that Mukesh Ambani would be in it for the short term because he has wanted to be in telecom for a long time (in fact IIRC Reliance Telecom was his idea before the group was partitioned) and he has given command of Reliance Joi to his son Akash now. I personally dont think that they will exit quickly, especially since Data is now a more lucrative market than Voice in Indian Telecom.
Ah ..see this is type of post I wanted :two_thumbs_up:

well these are not their official employees per se. they are contractors who get the job to work on supplying materials like wires' date=' cables etc and installing them. one of my uncles builds mobile towers for all the telecom companies. even though contracts are signed between both parties, money doesn't come by the promised time. you can't go to court otherwise it takes years for dispute to resolve[/quote'] I see ..but still this might be reliance only problem and I won't be surprised if they do fail their basic coverage is not as good so that limits them severely anyway . If I am planning to travel outside of main cities I will use airtel over any other service and reliance is probably one of worse .

i think their plan is just to invest a huge amount of money and try to outbid all other companies and become sole leader of the upcoming 4G market. but service wise, their quality is not that great. my cousin is in charge of site management for all 4G towers in north gujarat and they have been having some major connectivity problems in the run up to launching this jio thing. i saw his phone once, they actually have a whatsapp group for employees to post their complaints :cantstop:

i think their plan is just to invest a huge amount of money and try to outbid all other companies and become sole leader of the upcoming 4G market. but service wise' date= their quality is not that great. my cousin is in charge of site management for all 4G towers in north gujarat and they have been having some major connectivity problems in the run up to launching this jio thing. i saw his phone once, they actually have a whatsapp group for employees to post their complaints :cantstop:
They have already done that - they are the only company to have pan-India 4G licence. They are definitely in it for the ling run because they will also be offering voice alongside data (they have already bought some spectrum in 1800 MHz and 900 MHz bands and will participate, and probably win, in the upcoming auctions as well)....though there is a court case going on about whether they should be allowed to offer voice or not (they bought 4G licence then the Govt allowed them to pay just Rs. 1658 crores to convert the 4G into a unified licence through which they can offer Voice and 4G both - the 1658 crore price was set way back in 2001 and has already been struck down by SC in 2012). They are also going to offer around 150 channels, including all major channels, over 4G. As for connectivity issues - that will certainly be there because it seems to have been a rather quick rollout by them.

Anyone has Raspberry pi? seems like a good tech for mild computing. [ame=http://www.amazon.in/Raspberry-Pi-100437-Model-B/dp/B00LPESRUK?tag=googinhydr18418-21&kpid=B00LPESRUK&tag=googinkenshoo-21&ascsubtag=6d96d1c3-797d-de08-0b83-00006706af65]Amazon.in: Buy Raspberry Pi Model B+ Online at Low Prices in India | Raspberry Pi Reviews & Ratings[/ame]

Bing Rewards is available for US only. I have 10TB cloud storage for the rest of my life via Google. :two_thumbs_up: