Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

The last 3 balls were good by Tyagi

Around the off stump and good length.

Ashwin was guiding him there. Good to see.

Thats what you want senior players in the team to do, groom the kids and make them feel comfortable at this level.

Ashwin has always been like this. His demeanour reminds me of Dravid.

2 minutes ago, T20 said:

Thats what you want senior players in the team to do, groom the kids and make them feel comfortable at this level.

Ashwin has always been like this. His demeanour reminds me of Dravid.

And this is how new players develop faster.

A friendly arm around there shoulders and some good advice from a senior.

I miss this aspect in this team.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

And this is how new players develop faster.

A friendly arm around there shoulders and some good advice from a senior.

I miss this aspect in this team.

I was watching a youtube clip of a Yuvraj interview and he mentioned how good Sachin was to him back in 2000 as a kid and treated him as an equal.

Fast forward that today, do you think Kohli would treat Gill/Samson/Pant the same way? As an equal? 

From my viewpoint, players fear Kohli. Thats not a good look for the team.

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Definitely out.

The umpire thought that there was an inside edge ( indicated it )  but the replay showed that there wasn't any.

Thats the main thing, inducing wicket taking deliveries. In a DRS test match, thats a wicket.

In fact, as something different, I would like to see overseas teams get three DRS appeals per innings. Help fascilitate the removal of bias.

5 minutes ago, T20 said:

Thats the main thing, inducing wicket taking deliveries. In a DRS test match, thats a wicket.

In fact, as something different, I would like to see overseas teams get three DRS appeals per innings. Help fascilitate the removal of bias.

Test matches have neutral umpires. 

3 minutes ago, T20 said:

Thats irrelevant, that still does not mean there is not home side bias. 

Howz that irrelevant? Its practically never gonna happen.. Giving extra drs or giving the toss options etc to visiting teams. 

Prviding extra drs would meam ICC

Openly admitting about bias towards home teams. 

Edited by OpeningBatsman
4 minutes ago, Serpico said:

they usually do but not this time. I think they had 3 reviews for both teams in England vs WI series to compensate for home umpires

I like the reviews. I also like 3 reviews for 80 overs is close to getting it right.

I know there is a lot of tactical reviews taken, but overall the process makes Test cricket more appealing.

9 minutes ago, Serpico said:

they usually do but not this time. I think they had 3 reviews for both teams in England vs WI series to compensate for home umpires

I don't think 3 reviews were compensation. Correct me if im wrong but as per new rules there will be 3 fixed reviews in an innings. The old rule of getting 2 more reviews after 80 overs is no longer applicable. 

Edited by OpeningBatsman