US Open - 2014

bones

Simple question - do you consider 33 to be 'prime' age for a tennis player? Just answer Yes or No.
No. It is not and all credit to Federer for playing at top level even at this age. Now you answer my question, was Federer's record was better against Murray and Nadal when only matches up to age of 28 is taken into consideration? That means up to date of 5th Aug 2010? Let me give you details of H2H up to 5th Aug 2010. vs Nadal Played 21 Won 7 lost 14 vs Murray, Played 12, Won 5 lost 7 vs Djokovic Played 15, Won 10 Lost 5. Only against Djokovic you can say his record worsened significantly, now they are at 18-17 (Difficult to say if that is because of Federer's advanced age or Djokovic coming to age post 2010). Against Murray and Nadal it has remained same only. So to say that age has been a factor in Federer's poor record against top players is nothing but a blatant lie. He was always beaten by these players when he was young or when he was old.

Feds peak years were from 2003 to 2009. Thats when he was at his physical prime. Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
You are one of the bravest Federer fan who dared to reveal info on peak years of Federer. Otherwise it is always shrouded in mystery. Now let's see how Federer performed against current top players when he was at his peak (year 2003-09) vs . Nadal Played 20, won 7, lost 13 Vs Murray Played 10, Won 4, lost 6 vs Djokovic - played 14, won 9 lost 5 So now would you admit that Federer was losing to Murray and Nadal even when he was at his peak or you would like to redefine Federer's peak years? One of them have to be picked from this. No third option.

You are one of the bravest Federer fan who dared to reveal info on peak years of Federer. Otherwise it is always shrouded in mystery. Now let's see how Federer performed against current top players when he was at his peak (year 2003-09) vs . Nadal Played 20, won 7, lost 13 Vs Murray Played 10, Won 4, lost 6 vs Djokovic - played 14, won 9 lost 5 So now would you admit that Federer was losing to Murray and Nadal even when he was at his peak or you would like to redefine Federer's peak years? One of them have to be picked from this. No third option.
Duh, thats what the numbers say. Federer at his peak still lost to nadal, though it was mostly on clay. Everyone knows federer is superman and nadal is his kryptonite. Regarding murray, I dont even know why murray is in the discussion. he is not a great and we might as well bring davydenkos record against nadal when we talk about how good nadal is. He did demolish djokovic, who is a significantly superior player to mirray Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

While doing those comparisons one must also remember that Djokovic and Murray or even Nadal were a few years away from their respective peaks. It is remarkable that they still managed to beat Federer on so many occasions when he was wiping the floor with his own contemporaries.

The one thing about Federer- Murray is that their h2h is tied at 11-11, is 3-0 Federer on indoor hard, 1-1 on grass, 0-0 on clay and 7-10 on outdoor hard. In his peak period, it was all on outdoor hard. Like Nadal, Murray was simply unable to compete at the top level on surfaces outside their #1 surface during Federer's peak years ( Nadal = clay, Murray = outdoor hard) to even run into Federer consistently outside their own surfaces. As Nadal himself said some years ago, h2h means very little to tennis players unless you matchup properly. Given what surfaces we play on, our record could be 6-0 me, 0-6 me or 3-3. If matchups were that important, then Becker would be on the same playing field as Sampras, since Becker and Edberg faced up to far more ATGs in tennis than anyone else ( due to the nature of their age in relation to others). Amongst ATGs, both Becker and Edberg played against Connors, McEnroe, Lendl, each other, Agassi, Sampras, Bruguera. Thats more top-end quality than anyones ever faced. The reason Federer is considered the greatest is because in his peak years, he was the best ever (or since Laver if you are old enough) to be as goon on every single surface. He didn't do it for 1 or two years ( Novak), he did it practically for 6-7 years, where the only man who stood in his way is the greatest clay court player tennis has ever seen.

Nadaltards just up to their usual nonsense of evading questions they don't want to answer and continuing to spew crap. Nadal H2H vs Federer has always been ahead. No questions there. An argument can be made that only 8/33 matches between the two have come on Federer's 2 best surfaces (grass and indoor) and an overwhelming majority have been on Nadal's best and Federer's worst; but even accounting for that and the fact that they played 4-5 times in 2013 when every Tom, Dick and Harry was beating Federer, the H2H is still too lopsided. At the very least Federer should have had more wins on outdoor HC, no questions there. The hilarious thing is bringing Djokovic in it because Federer STILL leads Djokovic in the overall H2H and they are tied 6-6 at slams. Of course the same people gloating over a prime/peak or whatever Djokovic beating 32-33 year old Federer at Wimbledon get their panties in a twist when talking about Federer vs AA USO Final. We have come to expect these double standards from Nadal tards though :haha: The worst argument ever though is bringing in Murray who only managed a win at a slam vs him in 2013 and overall Federer is 11-11 vs him and 4-1 at slams! Federer H2H vs : 1)Nadal - negative 2)Murray - neutral 3)Djokovic - positive Nadal H2H vs : 1)Federer - positive 2)Djokovic - positive 3)Murray - positive Djokovic H2H vs : 1)Murray - positive(lost 2 GS finals to him lol) 2)Nadal - negative 3)Federer - negative Murray H2H vs Fed is level and vs the other two is negative. So let's pick on the guy with he best H2H record after Nadal out of the 4 amongst the 4. Typical! Just go watch Nadal somehow lifting a bucket of water for the ALS Challenge with his supposedly injured wrist or something, it might take your attention away from the fact that Federer at 33 is in his 3rd GS semi of the year. Burn! Speaking of H2H, what is Djokovic vs Roddick? Sampras vs Roddick? Hewitt vs Sampras? Just wondering.

^^^ As far as I am concerned it is not just about exact H2H. A match or two difference is nothing either way. For me, unless it is a blowout like 23-10, H2H in this case is important because it shows that these players in the their teens and early 20s ( well before their own peaks) were giving competition to Fed in his peak. Something none of his contemporaries did. That is why I consider his dominance to be inflated. I mean you may go around and say stupid stuff that players like Hewitt and Roddick would have been as successful as Djokovic if it wasn't for Federer but that is an absolute lie. It was not like Federer was blocking them from winning alone. Djokovic has 14 GS finals, 19 masters title and has been insanely consistent for 4 years now. How many do Roddick and Hewitt have? Even without going through those numbers Djokovic is way over those guys in terms of his game. He does prettymuch everything better than them. They were not consistent enough to compete at the highest level throughout the year. Federer had no competition for the year end #1. In fact Nadal did not have any competition for year end #2 and he mostly won clay titles. Goes to show how pathetic the rest of the field was. I am not even sure who actually was Fed's competition. Was it Roddick, Hewitt, Safin, Nalbandian, Ljubičić, Davedenko, 35-36 year old Agassi or a teenager named Nadal? Don't get me wrong. I am not questioning Federer's greatness and unlike some Fedtard here who is stupid enough to compare Nadal with Michael Chang I will not shy away from saying that. He is definitely one of the top guys that I have seen and would be successful in any era playing against anybody. He is the most consistent player too. Never gets injured and has an efficient game to go past the minnows without breaking a sweat. But when it comes to competition, he had it very easy for about 4 years and he collected most of his achievements in that period which according to me were inflated due to lack of competition.

This getting ridiculously easy for Federer. Already had a cakewalk draw. Now he does not even have to face Dimitrov and Berdych to reach the final. Not to talk about all the night session matches while the rest of the guys are playing in the hot and humid day conditions. With his luck I won't be surprised if Nishikori knocks out Djokovic. :cantstop:
Meanwhile, predicted it early enough. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Roger-Federer-laughing-img11074_668.jpg