Tata, Goodbye, Cheerio Sehwag!!! We don't need you for the ODIs in Australia!

fineleg

Tata, Goodbye, Cheerio Sehwag!!! We don't need you for the ODIs in Australia! I dont care if they select you for Test match in Aus or not (well, I do care, it is a separate debate though - not in this thread) For ODIs, thank you for what you have done. Your career is finished. Read my lips - FINITO!!!!! What a stupid shot when you should have played a big knock today. As I said thanks and now your show in ODIs is over. FINITO!!! Bye.

I was hoping he'll score today' date=' not because he has shown to have any utility in ODIs but because our brainless selectors would have picked him for the Aussie tests on this basis. His presence in tests is vital on the flat tracks of Australia.[/quote'] What makes you think he can score on a flat track that too against the Aussies who will have identified all the flaws in his technique and will be very disciplined about not giving him width outside off. Lets stop wishing and figure out the options from rest of the middle order choices (Badrinath (for tests), Sharma/Tiwary/Raina)
What makes you think he can score on a flat track that too against the Aussies who will have identified all the flaws in his technique and will be very disciplined about not giving him width outside off. Lets stop wishing and figure out the options from rest of the middle order choices (Badrinath (for tests)' date=' Sharma/Tiwary/Raina)[/quote'] Sehwag is not your run off the mill batsman. Averaging 50 as an opener over 50 tests, scoring 12 hundreds, 9 of them in excess of 150 is stuff ordinary batsmen are incapable of. To defeat Australia, runs need to be piled up at a quick pace and while there is no guarantee that he will be able to do it, it's pretty much assured Karthik wont be able to put on the big hundreds in Australia.
Sehwag wouldn't last 5 minutes against Australia. The way he got out today was pathetic - no surprise though, because this is his usual mode of dismissal; wafting at wide balls with no footwork.
One would literally puke the way he got out and the # of times he has done this same s^$# in ODIs. Yuck! Sehwag! Hope we never see him near ODIs. Even Rohit Sharma should be considered ahead of Sehwag.

Extremely disappointed with Sehwag today. Not because i expected anything from him in this series, but because any success here would have earned him his ticket to Australia. Now he has to sit on the sidelines and hope for one of Jaffer/KKD to have an off series.

Sehwag is not your run off the mill batsman. Averaging 50 as an opener over 50 tests' date=' scoring 12 hundreds, 9 of them in excess of 150 is stuff ordinary batsmen are incapable of. To defeat Australia, runs need to be piled up at a quick pace and while there is no guarantee that he will be able to do it, it's pretty much assured Karthik wont be able to put on the big hundreds in Australia.[/quote'] Karthik might not have the ability to accumulate runs in the way that Sehwag has seen to have done in the past but at least he maintains discipline and chooses his shots correctly. Karthik had some great knocks during the test series in England and seemed to gel with Jaffer. Sehwag's talent is unquestionnable but what he has shown is that a lengthy respite period has done him no good. With his limited foot work he is lazy and with the cut shot which he is so keen to play at anything which lands a little wide of off stump, he is reckless. That's why people get frustrated with his waste of talent and that's why he should not be selected to go to Australia. With so many youngsters impressing in the shorter versions of the game you would have thought that Sehwag would have stopped to consider the effects of his action but alas...some people never change.

Sehwag has very good way of earning.... He earns lot when he does....but he knows how to spend 'em quickly as well...So no savings left....his avg of 50+ is all spent (prolly on his beautiful wife.) He doesn't look serious about his batting at all... I am very skeptical to believe he will do anything in test matches at all..