Everyone is upset over how Sanga was adjudged out. Will India get such shockers ?

fineleg

You want accuracy in a system that SIMULATES the trajectory of a ball- a ball that has lateral velocity, axial spin and uneven aerodynamics ( one side rougher- reverse swing type) and where even 1 degree of movement is enough to miss the stumps or hit the top of leg stump.
Hawkeye is not a simulation device, it merely extrapolates the trajectory of the ball, same thing that an umpire does.
Hawkeye is not a simulation device' date=' it merely extrapolates the trajectory of the ball, same thing that an umpire does.[/quote'] Extrapolation is simulation....unless you really really want to be pedantic. Any action that hasn't occured but is being theorized/talked upon is a simulation. That is what i meant.

Sounds like you fellas are already making excuses for your upcoming tour to the land of Oz. You'd want to hope your team isn't thinking the same way, otherwise you guys are going to get pumped 4-0. Blaming the umpires? Every team who has ever played cricket, every player who has ever had a bat or bowl at some stage in their life, From Test Cricket to schoolboy Under 10's has had to deal with a bad decision at some stage or another. You must admit though, there are plenty of times, where we haven't been given out, and we knew perfectly well that we were out. Neutral umpires were introduced to negate this excuse making, yet here you are, a month from playing a test match and you are blaming the umpires for your teams failings. Good luck at ever becoming the top cricket nation if this is your reaction.

No ones making excuses and I can damn well tell u indians will not lose 4-0. Its revenge time. Seriously you think we fired you up, well guess what inside we are firing ourselves up for a showdown. you guys were hackled down when sreesanth started making noises. Dont worry, dravid has a point to prove, laxman has to do something to retain his place, yuvi has to prove points, and if u think rp singh cant get wickets then ure in a world of trouble my friend. MARK MY WORDS!! AUSSIES AINT WINNING SHIZZZZ!!! REBIRTH OF SACHIN HAS TAKEN PLACE. just rememebr these two series http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63795.html http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63794.html and in addition to this, u knw damn rite that only india posses a challege to aussies in tests and odis. WE ARE COMING TO UR LAND!! and we are hungry to hunt some kangaroos!! aussies series will break or make or extend some of indias greatest players illustious careers.

^^ two links you provided were from Aus touring India. We always have had upper hand when the convicts toured to india, but it was other way around when we visited the abandoned convict land :P

Nice call Killer! Ha. You direct me to 2 test matches that happened, wait for it..... 9 years ago.....in India. And you expect me to take that as some Omen? We were last beaten in a test series at home in 1992/93by the West Indies. Going by your recent run of fantastic form in the 50 over matches, I am quivering. Yet how can you even compare ODI's or Twenty20 to a Test series. Don't even get me started on the number of times we have comprehensively pumped you in all forms of the game for the last 20 years. If I were you I would be more modest in my approach to this series. The same way we are, lest you be left with egg on your faces.....again.

Don't even get me started on the number of times we have comprehensively pumped you in all forms of the game for the last 20 years.
Within 5 minutes, someone will chime in quoting India's wonderful Twenty20 record over the Evil Communist Nasty Bully Australians. BTW, welcome to the board - just curious, but did you come over from AC?
No, one is used to ascertain the accuacy of the other because it is the only avenue of action. Vice-versa (where an instrument's accuracy is guaged by a human being to see its validity-which happens all the time) does not mean the umpire judging the veracity of a tech. is better than the tech either.
If Process A is being used to measure whether Process B is accurate or not, it's obvious Process A is more accurate in general. You can use the measurement from screw gauge to measure the accuracy of a measurement made using a vernier caliper and not vice versa.