Who is Greatest Ever Indian Women Sports person?

Raghav_12

Who is Greatest Ever Indian Women Sports person?  

1. 1.

• P T Usha
    • Mary Kom
    • Saina Nehwal
    • Others (please specify)

As much as you guys would hate, it is Sania Mirza. With all the criticisms she has to bare, i think she has done a great job in recent few years post marraige, to bring fine results for India. She has said openly about her being Indian and forever Indian and that is enough for me. Though I must say Mary Kom would eventually end up being the most powerful Indian sports Female Athelete. And good on her. She's been great.
Agree with all this. I recognize very much that how many times her commitment to India has been questioned and everytime she proved herself. But all that makes her a great Indian not great sportsperson. To me she is one person who wasted huge talented she had. Her forehand was one of the best on tour once upon a time but despite that she never made it to the top group of woman tennis players. I distinctly recall sometime in mid 2000's she was ranked 33 and Jelena Jankovic 32 and both were touted as young talents, but then onwards they moved in different direction. Jelena was no.1 in few years and Sani stopped playing singles in few years. She is still 27 but it has already been few years since she stopped playing singles while nowdays women in their 30's are reaching to GS finals and winning those. I know she suffered lot of injuries and her body was finding it hard to cope with the pressure. But she compromised on her ambitions rather too easily and took the easier route of playing doubles and mixed doubles.