Who is Greatest Ever Indian Women Sports person?

Raghav_12

Who is Greatest Ever Indian Women Sports person?  

1. 1.

• P T Usha
    • Mary Kom
    • Saina Nehwal
    • Others (please specify)

My vote will go to P T Usha. What she achieved in extremely competitive world of short distance running is awesome. It is well known fact that non-blacks are at disadvantage physically in running. Even then she was able to reach in the top echelons of world order in 400m hurdles. Mary Kom has achieved a lot with few world cup titles but boxing is not as competitive in women section as some other sports with Athletics being most.

Greatest contribution to women sports PT Usha definitely. But on contributions based on infield success definitely Sania Mirza Usha's greatest contribution is the training academy she runs which keeps on producing great athletes despite zero assistance from govt officials

Greatest contribution to women sports PT Usha definitely. But on contributions based on infield success definitely Sania Mirza Usha's greatest contribution is the training academy she runs which keeps on producing great athletes despite zero assistance from govt officials
How Saniz Mirza on in-field success? She never ever was counted in top 30 of women players in the main event. You can not count success in doubles and mixed doubles as the success in flagshiip category of singles. I don't think Sania Mirza achieved enough even to be a contender here. Not only P T Usha and Mary Kom, I would even rate Saina Nehwal and Anju Geirge above her.

No love for Anju Bobby George? :dontknow:
Her impact was for relatively shorter duration. I know winning Gold at World athletics is big-big achievement but she never became a household name like others. Also her gold came through upgradation which doesn't have same sheen as winning in open in-front of capacity crowd.

How Saniz Mirza on in-field success? She never ever was counted in top 30 of women players in the main event. You can not count success in doubles and mixed doubles as the success in flagshiip category of singles. I don't think Sania Mirza achieved enough even to be a contender here. Not only P T Usha and Mary Kom' date= I would even rate Saina Nehwal and Anju Geirge above her.
You kidding me? In a country like India where we got no Singles players worthy of any mention, there is nothing wrong in celebrating doubles victories especially in slams. It is no mean feat to win any international competition, singles or doubles. For me, Sania with here recent mixed doubles wins in slams has definitely pushed herself to the top tier of Indian women athletes.

P T Usha coz athletics is way more competitive than boxing. I get a feeling that in 10 years time Sindhu will be the GOAT female Indian sportswoman. 2 World Championships by the age of 19 is no mean feat. Also Koneru Humpy if she can win at least 1 world title.

You kidding me? In a country like India where we got no Singles players worthy of any mention, there is nothing wrong in celebrating doubles victories especially in slams. It is no mean feat to win any international competition, singles or doubles. For me, Sania with here recent mixed doubles wins in slams has definitely pushed herself to the top tier of Indian women athletes.
You need better comprehension skills or better attention span. Who is telling that Sania Mirza's achievements are small or should not be celebrated or she is not in the top tier of Indian Women athletes? I was making a point her success in Doubles and Mixed doubles would not have same standing at the global level as of Anju George who won gold at World Athletcis or as PT Usha who would win 4 or 5 golds in single asian games or asian athletics championship in main categories.

My vote will go to P T Usha. What she achieved in extremely competitive world of short distance running is awesome. It is well known fact that non-blacks are at disadvantage physically in running. Even then she was able to reach in the top echelons of world order in 400m hurdles. Mary Kom has achieved a lot with few world cup titles but boxing is not as competitive in women section as some other sports with Athletics being most.
As far as impact goes, PT Usha had a great impact on Indian society which never appreciated sports, forget female atheletes. However there have been Indian girls who have been quite close to PT Usha but Mary Kom is alltogether, a different level. India hasn't produced anyone ever like Mary Kom. Only reason she lost Olympic gold was because weight category in London Olympics was modified. She is our Golden Girl and I will be surprised that a Indian in next two decades will ever come closer to her record. Just because mens boxing is extremely popular doesnt mean that boxing isnt competitive among women is incorrect. There are even fewer takers of atheletics

As much as you guys would hate, it is Sania Mirza. With all the criticisms she has to bare, i think she has done a great job in recent few years post marraige, to bring fine results for India. She has said openly about her being Indian and forever Indian and that is enough for me. Though I must say Mary Kom would eventually end up being the most powerful Indian sports Female Athelete. And good on her. She's been great.