The Android Thread

StriKe

u dont need to root to flash factory image :hmmm:
never rooted my own device .. i want it to be as clean as possible :--D i played everything in my samsung test devices ( att , vw & skt/kt) .. it wont allow to open the bootloader unless if we are root

updated to lollypop :aha: notification UIs are not matching with the background and boxes dont have borderlines .. google app animations are really kewl .. google started spoon feeding its users like apple :giggle: absolutely no change in the Launcher skin tried torchlight option in settings and it i was unable to turn off .. need to restart twice :mad:

updated to lollypop :aha: notification UIs are not matching with the background and boxes dont have borderlines .. google app animations are really kewl .. google started spoon feeding its users like apple :giggle: absolutely no change in the Launcher skin tried torchlight option in settings and it i was unable to turn off .. need to restart twice :mad:
weird :hmmm: Flashlight breaks camera in N5 http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/11/17/lollipop-bug-leaving-the-flashlight-on-until-it-times-out-breaks-the-camera-and-flashlight-until-you-reboot/
Got it. A beautiful and refined OS.
:icflove:
I haven't got it yet :whine:
:yay:

Lollipop is a really good OS but it does need a few bug fixes. The animations are very smooth and look good but they are just a little bit slow - google should definitely work on that - when I move from one page of the app drawer to the next quickly then it takes just a bit longer than it should to show the apps (till then it just shows a blank white page). They should also have the option to change the look of folders on the home screens - on the google now launcher there can only be round shaped folders with app previews looking like they are stacked inside - they should have something like Nova launcher has where folders can be square with app previews being shown in square shape. The priority notifications are useful but there is no silent mode - there is a mode for 'none' but that means everything (including Alarms) are on silent - I don't think many people would like that or find that useful. The photo album is not that good - I found the gallery in KitKat better arranged. The notifications on the ToI app are not working properly - there is a completely white bar so the text in the notifications is not visible at all - that will obviously be fixed by ToI soon. One of the biggest problems in terms of looks is the google search bar on the home screens - its white so it sticks out on any dark wallpaper. The transparent search bar of KitKat (or was it in jellybean) was the best and looked really classy and worked well with every kind of wallpaper. There is now an option where the notification bar can be of the same color scheme as that of that app you have opened - till now twitter, gmail and some other google apps have done it and it looks very good. Also, some people were saying that lollipop update is affecting WiFi in nexus 5 - in my case the WiFi signals are now better than in case of kitkat. Flashlight is working perfectly (its not working well for some people). The new contacts look better than KitKat (though on still using contacts+ for the moment). Overall the thing I like the most is that there is a sort of minimalistic look to everything - that looks really clean and as I earlier said, refined.

dude go to developer options in setting and change animation speed to .5x :) and yes there are lot of bugs but they will be squashed in month like always thanks for beta testing this release for me :vroam:
There are 3 options - windows animation scale, transition animation scale and animator duration scale. Which one should I change and to how much (options for all 3 are from .5x to 10x). Edit - it should be kept at lowest for faster animations.