The Android Thread

StriKe

Not sure which thread to ask this but anyone here use Chromecast here ( in India)? Is it worth buying ?
Excellent device in my opinion. You can stream any video file format from your computer on to your tv through this. Much smaller than competitors such as Apple TV etc as well.

Excellent device in my opinion. You can stream any video file format from your computer on to your tv through this. Much smaller than competitors such as Apple TV etc as well.
I don't know...but why should it matter as it streams from device.
Does this streaming work through internet? If yes, then it would not be a great experience as internet speed (at least in my area) isn't all that great :hmmm:

Does this streaming work through internet? If yes' date=' then it would not be a great experience as internet speed (at least in my area) isn't all that great :hmmm:[/quote'] when you stream from device i am sure it streams through LAN and not internet . but htis device was mainly made for streaming internet service and not this LAN stuff that is what developers build and there were limitations before so i did not buy this but now it seems apps work well :hmmm:

when you stream from device i am sure it streams through LAN and not internet . but htis device was mainly made for streaming internet service and not this LAN stuff that is what developers build and there were limitations before so i did not buy this but now it seems apps work well :hmmm:
Wifi router.
OK...thanks.

Does this streaming work through internet? If yes' date=' then it would not be a great experience as internet speed (at least in my area) isn't all that great :hmmm:[/quote'] Uses your wifi to stream local content (on your laptop etc). Install videostream on chrome along with this and you are good to go.

Not sure which thread to ask this but anyone here use Chromecast here ( in India)? Is it worth buying ?
Since you use Netflix, YES. You can use proxy IF you stream content from your Android phone, tablet, iPhone®, iPad®, Mac® or Windows® laptop, or Chromebook i.e. you can play the content on your device and use the chrome cast to project it on the screen. The chrome cast itself has apps and a browser but I doubt the VPN/proxy would work.

Thanks form the views :two_thumbs_up:.Another help pls Which mobile is best in the region of 13k to 20k I am purchasing for my mom so don't need any high end stuff Need dual sim and camera clarity priority Going this evening so any quick suggestions :pray:
Moto G - 2nd Generation 12,999/- There's an exchange offer for an old phone plus a 10% Standard Chartered card discount on Flipkart too.

camera and battery backup is really good. I don't find any difference in the UHD display' date=' as it looks like the 1080p resolution. The navigation buttons are in the backside below the camera as shown in the pic, they are a bit awkward. Need to get used to them.[/quote'] I have G3...agree that it looks like 1080p but that is because we don't have many higher resolution videos/pics available but check the sample videos provided with your handset ( will be in sample videos folder or something like that) - you will be bowled over by the UHD - way way better than full HD