The Android Thread

StriKe

Lollypop on my S4 has fecked my battery life.And there is no easy way to roll back either.
I have Lollipop on my S4 and battery life is way way better than kitkat :hmmm: Did you disable location services and bluetooth? They are major culprits. Use them only when needed. Also enable automatic sync for really needed services ( I have them on for foto backup to Google, dropbox and One drive ) Also do a reset ( after backing up ) and go to every setting and take common sense approach. I am sure you will get better results :two_thumbs_up: It is really strange as my display is 100% ( not auto ) and I have all the 'SMART' gimmicks like smart stay,pause,etc on but still I am getting better battery life.... BTW - check battery using some apps and change if needed...it is not expensive at all ( < 2000 INR if I remember )

I have Lollipop on my S4 and battery life is way way better than kitkat :hmmm: Did you disable location services and bluetooth? They are major culprits. Use them only when needed. Also enable automatic sync for really needed services ( I have them on for foto backup to Google, dropbox and One drive ) Also do a reset ( after backing up ) and go to every setting and take common sense approach. I am sure you will get better results :two_thumbs_up: It is really strange as my display is 100% ( not auto ) and I have all the 'SMART' gimmicks like smart stay,pause,etc on but still I am getting better battery life.... BTW - check battery using some apps and change if needed...it is not expensive at all ( are you using indian rom ? i guess every rom is different and i am not surprised that you got better battery as even i did on my moto x and its feature of android 5 ..reset would help but its classic samsung if they messed up another update.

are you using indian rom ? i guess every rom is different and i am not surprised that you got better battery as even i did on my moto x and its feature of android 5 ..reset would help but its classic samsung if they messed up another update.
I am using Russian ROM :embarassed: but will it have that much difference? :dontknow:

I am using Russian ROM :embarassed: but will it have that much difference? :dontknow:
well its different rom so there might be some different bugs :giggle: for example indian moto x rom on android 5 was perfect since it was few weeks late while others needed update after month ...battery life had big difference between both .

well its different rom so there might be some different bugs :giggle: for example indian moto x rom on android 5 was perfect since it was few weeks late while others needed update after month ...battery life had big difference between both .
Hmmm...then the hope is that Samsung will release some fix quickly for Indian ROM...I am sure they sold many S4s in India :(( In worst case, users can flash ROMs from Russia :two_thumbs_up:

Hmmm...then the hope is that Samsung will release some fix quickly for Indian ROM...I am sure they sold many S4s in India :(( In worst case, users can flash ROMs from Russia :two_thumbs_up:
chances are reset will fix it .. also it might be some app or like you said gps

Looks like some Chinese device with nexus logo put on it :hysterical:
2 Nexus variants rumored this year; Huawei rumored to manufacture the "cheaper" one. http://www.gizmochina.com/2015/02/27/huawei-next-nexus-maker
Now, the same source from Weibo reveals that there will be two different Nexus devices this year. One will be made by the chosen Chinese company and the other will be made by LG. If this is the case, then its very likely that the one from the Chinese company could be the affordable variant of the phone. On the other hand, the LG made Nexus could be like this year’s Nexus 6, loaded with the best tech specs in the market but at a very high price. So, finally, Nexus fans may get two phone choices in 2015. Another interesting point revealed by the source is the processor that will be used by the OEM inside the new Nexus device. The source said that it didn’t know whether the manufacturer would use its own SoC or go with a Qualcomm one on the next Nexus. While it doesn’t reveal the name of the OEM, this gives us a very good idea as to which OEM could be the next Nexus maker. Huawei has its own Hisilcon Kirin processor lineup, which the company has been using in its phones for quite some time now. So, we believe, Huawei could be responsible for manufacturing one of the Nexus phones this year.