Harbahajan Singh

So yet again he is performing in this test. He has been consistent since the twenty 20 then oz odi series then bowled beautifully againt pak in odis and then ppl on this forum were calling for his neck here in the tests....he strikes! Yes, he hasnt set it on fire exactly with kumble outperforming him in this test but he is our second best spinner. I dont quite understand how that murli dude can perform better than him. I dont mind bringing in some raw talent liek piyush but not murli man.

I think in India Harbhajan is a pretty good bowler ... however outside India he has essentially been quite useless. Y4C, let me ask you something ... if you were to compare Muralitharan with Harbhajan ... Murali is more accurate, Murali turns it more, Murali has more variety, Murali has a good record in countries even outside his home ... yet the Aussies for years have played him comfortably ... now do u honestly think that Harbhajan who bowls that perennial leg stump line. Kartik at least has a good season in English county under his belt (a season where he took something like 51 wickets in about 11 or 12 matches) ... proving he can spin it on non-Indian surfaces too. I very rarely see Bhajji throw the ball up there and flight it anymore ... ultimately he needs to be a wicket-taker. Since his return he has proven he can be an accurate bowler who can keep it tight but hasnt yet (in my opinion) proven he can take wickets. Remember to beat Australia, there is no point keeping their run rate at 3.5 instead of 4 ... ultimately we have to take 20 wickets.

Harbhajan is talented but needs a kick up his bottom. Bringing in Chawla for him would be a good way of doing that - didnt he bowl beautifully to KP in England!! Murali Kartik maybe a good option for the moment, but he is not a long tem one.

^ Kartik may be a long-term option ... spinners that spin the ball away from the right handed batsman are very important in Tests, more so than ones that spin it back in (except for Muralitharan) ... when Kumble hangs up the boots in a year or 2 ... we need an experienced spinner to take over the lead while Chawla finds his groove ... at 18 or 19 Chawla is too young to lead the spin-contingent ... Kartik is 31 ... so he has a good 4 or 5 years ahead of him at least.

hahaha...kartik is just a fill in spinner. I dont think he has class.
I don't think Karthik has been given enough opportunities run to prove or disprove his class. He has done fairly well with the limited opportunities and considering Bhajji is cr.ap at the moment, he could be a better option. Ofcourse, saying Karthik is better than Bhajji isn't saying much at all:hatsoff:
hahaha...kartik is just a fill in spinner. I dont think he has class.
If Kartik had been given the opportunities that Bhajji got ... who knows. Bhajji had 1 good series ... then his ego grew and he did nothing. I havent seen Bhajji trouble a single quality batsman outside India , and now he is rarely troubling them in India as well. Kartik at least flights the ball up there and invites turns it a bit , which is something Bhajji rarely does. Like Kartik has been given few opportunities on turning tracks. Their bowling averages at home are both the same (Karthik 25.77, and Bhajji 25.17) ... If you look at these stats and take into account the fact that Bhajji had 1 freak series at home, and also that Bhajji has played more matches against lower ranked teams like Windies and Zimbabwe at home, whereas most of Kartik's home matches have been against higher ranked teams like Australia and South Africa ... I think this shows that Bhajji has been more inconsistent than Kartik. Kartik's first class record is even lower than Harbhajan's. Harbhajan is like one of these Agarkar type characters that could be decent occassionally but usually are not, have had 1 good series, but somehow keep cropping up for the big series' and tournaments.