Tendulkar autobiography

Lord

Then Ganguly and Coach should have done something that time. They were there in the dressing room.If it was any one else...the issue would not have become so big...but how dare any one not let Mr.sachin Tendulkar take his sweet time getting to his milestone. Remember Bangladesh....
IIRC when John Wright slapped Sehwag, Ganguly walked up to Wright and asked to apologize.

The more excerpts I read about his autobiography, the more he is coming across as a narcissistic whiny man who only cared about his own runs. The cribbing about the Multan declaration is beyond ridiculous. I mean - think about it - in 50 years of playing cricket against arch-rival Pakistan, we had never ever won a Test match in Pakistan. Now when we had a golden platform setup to win a Test, what does the great SRT expect?? That he be given more time to reach personal milestone than declare and try and make history by winning India's first ever Test in Pak? And he is trying to create an impression that he was not given a chance to get there. At tea, India were 588/4 after 148 overs with Sachin on 165* and Yuvraj on 11*. From then until the declaration, Yuvraj Singh, who was the new batsman out in the middle scored 48 runs. Tendulkar on the other hand, the set batsman, only scored 29 runs. He was given sufficient time to get to his milestone and yet he did not achieve it. It's alright if he would have just accepted the decision in the larger interest of the team. But no, he goes on whining about it in his autobiography. Damn!

The more excerpts I read about his autobiography, the more he is coming across as a narcissistic whiny man who only cared about his own runs. The cribbing about the Multan declaration is beyond ridiculous. I mean - think about it - in 50 years of playing cricket against arch-rival Pakistan, we had never ever won a Test match in Pakistan. Now when we had a golden platform setup to win a Test, what does the great SRT expect?? That he be given more time to reach personal milestone than declare and try and make history by winning India's first ever Test in Pak? And he is trying to create an impression that he was not given a chance to get there. At tea, India were 588/4 after 148 overs with Sachin on 165* and Yuvraj on 11*. From then until the declaration, Yuvraj Singh, who was the new batsman out in the middle scored 48 runs. Tendulkar on the other hand, the set batsman, only scored 29 runs. He was given sufficient time to get to his milestone and yet he did not achieve it. It's alright if he would have just accepted the decision in the larger interest of the team. But no, he goes on whining about it in his autobiography. Damn!
How many balls did yuvraj and Tendulkar face
Hardly bad thing then.
Indeed. Contrary to the myth, he wasn't exactly crawling to his double. He'd paced his knock well enough to get his 200 and leave 15 overs for Pakistan to bat on the 2nd day which is what Dravid and Wright wanted apparently. The only reason why he's pissed is that Dravid ended up declaring earlier than expected :haha:
man.. we are missing MTC :sniffle: for a half plate biriyani he created such a ruckus , he might have burned ICF for this thread :phehehe:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Ah.......good ol mtc.......we should ask slicker to send him a link to this thread.......:agree:........
Indeed. Contrary to the myth' date=' he wasn't exactly crawling to his double. He'd paced his knock well enough to get his 200 [i']and leave 15 overs for Pakistan to bat on the 2nd day which is what Dravid and Wright wanted apparently. The only reason why he's pissed is that Dravid ended up declaring earlier than expected :haha:
Question is........does it matter? We won the game......was a historic win in a historic series for us......why tarnish the memory by making hue and cry of such a non-issue? he still made 194.......played really well.......helped us win the match.......why be bitter about it after 10 years?
Indeed. Contrary to the myth' date=' he wasn't exactly crawling to his double. He'd paced his knock well enough to get his 200 [i']and leave 15 overs for Pakistan to bat on the 2nd day which is what Dravid and Wright wanted apparently. The only reason why he's pissed is that Dravid ended up declaring earlier than expected :haha:
Tendlya made 100 from 209 balls 150 from 295 balls (next 50 off 86 balls) 194 from 348 balls (last 44 runs from just 53 balls) I don't know what the critics are smoking, but for all purposes, 44 from 53 isn't really what I'd call "crawling". What a joke. The most unfortunate fact is that Tendulkar hardly got any strike towards the end. Out of the last 23.5 overs before play was stopped, Tendulkar got to face just 8.5 overs. All Dravid needed to do was give just couple of overs at maximum. Otherwise, if he was SO INTENT on pushing for a win, why didn't he declare much earlier? Say at 564 when Laxman got out and Tendulkar was on 150?
Question is........does it matter? We won the game......was a historic win in a historic series for us......why tarnish the memory by making hue and cry of such a non-issue? he still made 194.......played really well.......helped us win the match.......why be bitter about it after 10 years?
He didnt call up a press con and whine about it did he ? Did he raise this issue again atleast once in the last 10 years? He obviously would touch upon it in his book, and documented what he felt back then. Not now. They are very good friends even now.
He didnt call up a press con and whine about it did he ? Did he raise this issue again atleast once in the last 10 years? He obviously would touch upon it in his book' date=' and documented what he felt back then. Not now. They are very good friends even now.[/quote'] I know.......but I personally think it is a non-issue........that's all I'm saying.......he has every right to feel aggrieved........and I have my right to come to the conclusion that he is making a mountain out of a mole hill.......it is not a case of right or wrong.......just different perspectives of the same incident....... The everlasting memory of the Multan test should be of our first ever test win in Pakistan........not that of a declaration (perfectly justified btw) that denied SRT of 6 measly runs.......6 runs that ultimately didn't matter.......
If you keep taking singles when you're close to a landmark that is so important to you with a declaration in sight' date=' then there is nothing the captain can do about it.[/quote'] Dude, don't grovel like this please. he was going at a strike rate of 90. Of that strike rate isn't enough I don't know what is. Declaration was in the sight and Tendulkar was Batting at the right pace needed.
I know.......but I personally think it is a non-issue........that's all I'm saying.......he has every right to feel aggrieved........and I have my right to come to the conclusion that he is making a mountain out of a mole hill.......it is not a case of right or wrong.......just different perspectives of the same incident....... The everlasting memory of the Multan test should be of our first ever test win in Pakistan........not that of a declaration (perfectly justified btw) that denied SRT of 6 measly runs.......6 runs that ultimately didn't matter.......
I don't think he or anyone has terrible memories alone of that test. But unfortunately it's ALSO remembered for the poor declaration. See I d hazard a guesa that our of 10 discussions on that test match on these boards, 8 would have mention about the 194. That's how it is.
I don't think he or anyone has terrible memories alone of that test. But unfortunately it's ALSO remembered for the poor declaration. See I d hazard a guesa that our of 10 discussions on that test match on these boards, 8 would have mention about the 194. That's how it is.
Fair enough.....it's probably because Sachin is Sachin.......

Another everlasting memory of the Multan Test was Tendulkar taking the wicket of Moin Khan by bowling him in between his legs with a googly. vROW6GIeGj0 Had it been Ganguly who'd have done this, people would be writing eons of pages on how aggressive, visionary and a great captain Ganguly was.

Dude, don't grovel like this please. he was going at a strike rate of 90. Of that strike rate isn't enough I don't know what is. Declaration was in the sight and Tendulkar was Batting at the right pace needed.
Dude, I remember very vividly watching this passage of play. The field was indeed spread out and scoring a single just needed bat on ball. I remember very clearly then (when I was also a big SRT fan) muttering to myself - what the hell is he doing, isn't India going to declare soon... why isn't he showing any urgency. I was watching Yuvraj at the other end literally toying with the Paki bowling and hitting boundaries almost at will. Dravid made the right call because it did not appear like Sachin was in any hurry to get to his landmark. He had already sent out multiple messages to Sachin to get on with it. He could not have possibly waited any longer. There was no guarantee that letting Sachin have two more overs was going to instill any urgency in him to get to his landmark sooner. Finally, it was a decision taken in the interest of the team and in a match that later went on to become history. People still credit Sehwag and SRT for setting up a wonderful platform that handed us our maiden win on Pak soil. What is important is that SRT got 194 runs and not that he fell 6 runs short. What is important is that we won and won convincingly and went on to win the series. Mark Taylor once declared on 334* for the team cause when one run (one single run) would have got him past Bradman and made his innings the highest individual score for an Australian!
Dude, I remember very vividly watching this passage of play. The field was indeed spread out and scoring a single just needed bat on ball. I remember very clearly then (when I was also a big SRT fan) muttering to myself - what the hell is he doing, isn't India going to declare soon... why isn't he showing any urgency. I was watching Yuvraj at the other end literally toying with the Paki bowling and hitting boundaries almost at will. Dravid made the right call because it did not appear like Sachin was in any hurry to get to his landmark. He had already sent out multiple messages to Sachin to get on with it. He could not have possibly waited any longer. There was no guarantee that letting Sachin have two more overs was going to instill any urgency in him to get to his landmark sooner. Finally, it was a decision taken in the interest of the team and in a match that later went on to become history. People still credit Sehwag and SRT for setting up a wonderful platform that handed us our maiden win on Pak soil. What is important is that SRT got 194 runs and not that he fell 6 runs short. What is important is that we won and won convincingly and went on to win the series. Mark Taylor once declared on 334* for the team cause when one run (one single run) would have got him past Bradman and made his innings the highest individual score for an Australian!
Its just your perception he wasn't scoring fast. But he was, as demonstrated by cold statistics. Let's not try and pretend that isn't the case dude. As I said before one of the bad things was that he didn't get enough number of deliveries to play, in fact after Sehwag dismissal, Sachin got to play hardly a third of the deliveries. Laxman gobbled up a lot for very little runs, and Yuvraj atleast got going at a run a ball. Another two more overs and it would not have been any less convincing isn't it? We won with nearly a full day remaining in the match. Further, Sachin was told he'd get a set amount of time to make his double and that's why he didn't panic but against what'd been agreed was called off much earlier. That's not exactly 'keeping your woed' is it? If he was so adamant about a win, why didn't Dravid declare when Sehwag got out? India were 550 plus by then. And Tendulkar had a 150 as well.