Janata Parivar II

Texan

No idea,speaker approved Nitish as leader. Let us see how this drama ends. Thank god for Manjhi for some laughs during the dissapointment of Delhi polls :haha:
BJP should be thankful as this has somehow diverted the attention of MSM from Delhi results... Expect some more diversions on 10 Feb....

its a tightrope walk the BJP has to play Induct Manjhi and it will cause issues within the ranks as Bedi has proven in Delhi plus he is a lose cannon. Support Manjhi from the outside and his governance (which is terrible) will eat into your developmental plank votes plus allow the Jd(u) and RJD to take their time with seat sharing. But they can claim to care for the SC community. Dont support Manjhi then they did not support a man from the economically weaker section of society. Manjhi is a lose cannon and cannot be trusted. He will say yes to floor test support and then not dissolve the assembly.
Majhi was hardly known before being made the CM.His loose cannon attitude started with him being made the CM.Make him some other minister and he may shut up. Nitish has surely lost a large part of the dalit votes in Bihar.

PATNA: Bihar chief minister Jitan Ram Manjhi on Monday called on state governor Keshri Nath Tripathi at Raj Bhavan here at 3pm, and demanded voting through secret ballot during the likely trust motion on the floor of assembly.
I urged the governor to give me a date for proving majority on the floor of house. I am ready to prove majority either on February 19, 20 or 23. It is up to the discretion of governor to take a decision on the date. I am still leader of house and ready to prove majority," Manjhi told reporters here after meeting the governor
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Bihar-crisis-CM-Manjhi-meets-governor-calls-for-secret-ballot/articleshow/46174453.cms Going down in the blaze of glory :hatsoff:

This is where the numbers game becomes important. In a 243-member Legislative Assembly, 10 seats are currently vacant. The JD(U) has 111 MLAs (which includes Manjhi’s group), the BJP 87, the RJD 24, the Congress five, There are five Independents. In a reduced assembly strength, Manjhi would require the support of 117 MLAs to continue in office. So far out of JD(U)’s 111 MLAs, 97 have signed in Nitish’s favour, but in a dynamic political situation things could change. So if the Governor allows Manjhi to expand his Cabinet to the legal limit – 37 – he can sail through if the BJP gives him the backing of its own 87 MLAs. Some of the independents could also support him. Sources told Firstpost that if Manjhi succeeds in his first goal of expanding the cabinet to 37, he could first move to replace the Speaker, Uday N Chaudhary, with the support of the BJP. This move is considered vital to protect the interests of any JD(U) or RJD MLA who may want to vote for Manjhi. The Speaker’s decision is always vital for the disqualification of MLAs from the provisions of the Anti-Defection Act. The current Speaker is already playing a key role, as has already recognised Nitish Kumar as leader of the house even though he is not CM.
http://www.firstpost.com/politics/nitishs-remote-control-conks-out-puppet-cm-manjhi-pulls-his-own-strings-now-2087893.html 37 Ministers, i think all the independents will go for this along with the CPI. Will the CPI MLA ever dream of being a minister? I feel though the the BJP should not support this. These 37 people are going to be terrible at governance. Any issues with naxals terrorism etc and the BJP will be blamed. Call fresh elections.....

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/nitishs-remote-control-conks-out-puppet-cm-manjhi-pulls-his-own-strings-now-2087893.html 37 Ministers, i think all the independents will go for this along with the CPI. Will the CPI MLA ever dream of being a minister? I feel though the the BJP should not support this. These 37 people are going to be terrible at governance. Any issues with naxals terrorism etc and the BJP will be blamed. Call fresh elections.....
This is what Nitish & Co trying to avoid right now. Best is Manjhi proving majority and dissolving assembly.

This is what Nitish & Co trying to avoid right now. Best is Manjhi proving majority and dissolving assembly.
and why will he do that once he has proven his majority? Unless the BJP offers him a deal which he can accept. From what i under stand (and i could be wrong) after he proves his majority any CM has 6 months before another no confidence vote is called. ITs Feb now and elections are in October/November anyways.

Governor has already rejected Manjhi's request to make 20 new ministers. I think Nitish is quite worried that his 130 MLAs will not stick with him for long thats why he is asking for a no-confidence vote as soon as possible......similarly Manjhi is asking for secret voting in no-confidence motion so that BJP MLAs can vote for him while BJP openly says it wont support him. Best scenario for BJP would be immediate dissolution of assembly and calling fresh elections but right now it seems like Manjhi may prevail.

With the congress in freefall would it be beneficial for the Jd(u)-RJD combine to have them in their ranks? After their performance in delhi and a whole host of states before, they have been shedding votes like no tomorrow. I currently value the congress vote at 5% of the total vote cast in Bihar. Jd(u) and RJD sharing seats is bound to cause rebellion in the ranks. Of the 243 seats I feel the Congress will settle for 30 as a minimum. That leaves 107 a piece for the Jd(u) and the RJD. Surely somebody is going to say what do we gain with the Congress? Rahul Gandhi ? Would it not be better off if Jd(u) and RJD share the number of seats at 122/121 each? Would it be better off with they dump the congress and go for the CPI (m) instead? They will settle for much less and are bound to add 2-3 % to your vote share.

With the congress in freefall would it be beneficial for the Jd(u)-RJD combine to have them in their ranks? After their performance in delhi and a whole host of states before, they have been shedding votes like no tomorrow. I currently value the congress vote at 5% of the total vote cast in Bihar. Jd(u) and RJD sharing seats is bound to cause rebellion in the ranks. Of the 243 seats I feel the Congress will settle for 30 as a minimum. That leaves 107 a piece for the Jd(u) and the RJD. Surely somebody is going to say what do we gain with the Congress? Rahul Gandhi ? Would it not be better off if Jd(u) and RJD share the number of seats at 122/121 each? Would it be better off with they dump the congress and go for the CPI (m) instead? They will settle for much less and are bound to add 2-3 % to your vote share.
They will need Congress in the current assembly to get Nitish back as CM. Then, when elections come around, they might throw them 20 - 30 hopeless seats, which they consider no chance of winning. Congress really has no option other than munching on JDU-RJD's left overs.

They will need Congress in the current assembly to get Nitish back as CM. Then' date=' when elections come around, they might throw them 20 - 30 hopeless seats, which they consider no chance of winning. Congress really has no option other than munching on JDU-RJD's left overs.[/quote'] If i was the congress i wont accept that. It further dilutes my brand when i can win only 1-2 seats from 30 hopeless seats. Better i go alone and try to regain lost ground.

If i was the congress i wont accept that. It further dilutes my brand when i can win only 1-2 seats from 30 hopeless seats. Better i go alone and try to regain lost ground.
Perhaps they could get 5-10 out of 30 odd with both Lalu and Nitish traditional vote banks. If they go alone, they risk getting yet another grand anda.