rammez raja's comments on cricinfo

putrevus

These are his comments " It's the lack of runs in their first innings that has finally caught up with them." what load of crap , it is not lack of runs in first innings , what about second innings , the batting by india in second innings showed this pitch has eased a lot and the pakistan failure to score more runs in their second innings cost them the match.they lost last five wickets for 35 odd runs which proved costly.If they had another 50 or 60 , lot of pressure would be on india.

Typically its always easy to score in the first innings as the pitch is fresh. Pakistan failed to capitalize on this and had to fight a rearguard action to get to 231. That's where they lost the advantage of winning the toss. The fact that they botched up in the second innings as well hurt them further.

Ramiz has sold himself to the Indian media establishment. Couple of instances when his reaction took me by total surprise : --- Misbah's first innings run-out. The pace and urgency with which he declared Misbah run-out on seeing the first replay was startling, considering it was a flat picture and it will still inconclusive whether Misbah had landed or not. It was almost as if he was waiting to give Misbah run-out --- Indian 2nd innings, Sami bowls a wide one to Dravid and Rahul edged it between the lone slip and the gully. Ramiz goes " With only one slip , it would have been very unlucky for Dravid to have been caught out" That was probably the first time i have ever seen a commentator terming an "edged between slips" by a batsman as " he would have been unlucky if he had been caught"

Ramiz has sold himself to the Indian media establishment. Couple of instances when his reaction took me by total surprise : --- Misbah's first innings run-out. The pace and urgency with which he declared Misbah run-out on seeing the first replay was startling, considering it was a flat picture and it will still inconclusive whether Misbah had landed or not. It was almost as if he was waiting to give Misbah run-out --- Indian 2nd innings, Sami bowls a wide one to Dravid and Rahul edged it between the lone slip and the gully. Ramiz goes " With only one slip , it would have been very unlucky for Dravid to have been caught out" That was probably the first time i have ever seen a commentator terming an "edged between slips" by a batsman as " he would have been unlucky if he had been caught"
Maybe Ramiz is trying to defect?!? :haha: