IRFAN PATHAN for the 2nd Test at Eden Gardens?

fineleg

Can we take him please? Maybe Eden Gardens will assist some swing bowling and IKP while not the best option will be equivalent to Munaf Grandfather Patel atleast in bowling' date=' better than Grandpa in fielding and lot better in batting.[/quote'] Munaf gets good reverse swing later on...Irfan is good early on...but ya Irfan's batting is bonus so I would go with him instead

Munaf needs more playing time. He bowled superbly on day 1. I'd back him to decapitate their top order at the Eden Gardens. He is pacey and accurate enough to cause problems for their openers. Pathan is a cricketer who i rate very highly, but now isn't the right time to play him in Test matches - India has better options. And for the millionth time - the squad has already been picked for that test so he CAN'T play.

I would bring in Irfan at the expense of Bhajji ... not at the expense of Munaf. But it may also be a good time to try out Bose or some of the other up and coming pacemen.
Definitely. Harbhajan needs to be dropped for good. Haven't seen him do anything good for ages. Irfan Pathan we need you! The guy desparately wants to get back into the test squad, wants to win for India. b6WXbDqfWj4&feature=related