Krish Srikkanth Answers Your Questions !

Ram

This is awesome. My one brush with cheeka was when he come to my college for Sports day. (Sri Venkateswara College of Engg, near Sriperumbudur, Chennai. Must have been 1999 or 2000. It was super awesome to just see him there and now i get to read his direct personal opinions! Good job guys!

This is awesome. My one brush with cheeka was when he come to my college for Sports day. (Sri Venkateswara College of Engg, near Sriperumbudur, Chennai. Must have been 1999 or 2000. It was super awesome to just see him there and now i get to read his direct personal opinions! Good job guys!
u graduated in 2000?? which dept?

Hi there Mr Sreekanth, I can't actually belive that you are here! Firstly Thanks for becomming part of this Community..! Anyway, Do you think Cricket nowadays is more of a hitting game rather then Real cricket. I mean we just saw Laxman's 100 yesterday and he has been performing very well for India for years still he can't ever find his spot in ODI team consistantly and these days that case is for Dravid I want to play cricket for USA/Canada because I live here and i want cricket to develop here as 90% Canadians dont know what is cricket... Will there be a day when there will be 5 over games ? I mean there was a series before a month or so called "Hong Kong Sixes" and it contained 5 overs and short boundry lines where cricketers made 120 runs in that time Is it true that in your era or just before it If you would "Slog" the coach would be very frustrated with you? What do you think ? Is sehwag better choice for Australia or Uthappa Uthappa is more sensible and patient then sehwag Sehwag is a very entertaining and good batsmen but he just can't get out of those 30's Regards, Ishan

Hi Krish, I was a big fan of yours. Maybe being from Vidya mandir may have something to do with it. I still remember when u winked at me in one of the school sports function probably around 15 years back. I have seen you in the school a few times, probably spoken to ur kids as well,So i am guessing that you were somewhat involved in the school cricket organization. Anyway, my question is this. Though i was really interested in cricket and was pretty good with tennis ball cricket, the school cricket team structure never allowed me in it. The 1st criteria was to join the coaching clinic run by the school, which was like saying to me "Give money to join the team". I was too young to worry about all that at that time,but i do wonder how the other schools in the city and in India in general treat aspiring cricketers. Why can't more money be spent on sports thus making more all-round person than just concentrate on education and 12th std board results.

One of my best recollection is the 123 off 100 odd balls he scored in eden gardens in an one day match against the visiting pak team under Imran khan with very good bowlers like Wasim Akram , saleem jaffer,in a crunch situation. I think 3 wickets went down for very little. Then our Man counter attacked as only he can. i had my chemistry practical exam in first year engg and just had the record note book, sitting in front of the TV in hostel but could not take my eyes off his batting. Those days there was no penalty for bowling overs slowly or no compulsion to complete 50 overs in the first session inside 3.30 hours. Imran took advantage of that loop hole and u can watch wasim akram and co just blatantly indulge in delaying tactics like tying the shoe laces after every alternate ball, inordinate delay in setting field 2 or 3 times an over,finally managing their best to bowl just about 40 overs. but srikkanth played just like he always played in my dreams! I rate that innings very highly for the quality of bowling, the tough situation,his tremendous innings and running between the wickets, sad, that match was remembered more for Salim Malik's first significant innings where his annihilation of indian bowlers ensured an unlikely victory for Pak.

Guest HariSampath

*bump* As Krish Srikkanth, his views on selections etc seem to be discussed on our threads now, I think its interesting to see what he told ICFrs here last year. He has quite outspoken views on test team, Sehwag, Yuvraj, test pitches in India, BCCI, appointment of coach etc. In fact I think this is the best ever non PC interview from a former cricket player, on ICF...very specific sharp answers and not vague generalities that we see some players giving....and some doubting thomases here on ICF were doubting this interview itself and my own credibility, let those who hadnt seen it yet, read and decide for themselves.

Guest HariSampath

Oh he wont refuse...he has never acted big etc, but now that he is Chief selector, we may not be able to ask him specifics on selection issues and get really sharp answers, he may have to be a little pc

Guest HariSampath

That was just for fun...2-3 days back...but this one is a serious real actual interview from November 2007...read the interview fully, you will understand.

That was just for fun...2-3 days back...but this one is a serious real actual interview from November 2007...read the interview fully' date=' you will understand.[/quote'] Hari you really need a life man! Stop with all this attention seeking crap on every internet forum available- don't you wanna have some real life achievements or are you incapable of those???