Buoyant England beat Sri Lanka

Feed

They beat SL second XI and the British Press goes around celebrating like they have won the Ashes. I guess any victory should be celebrated when there is a dearth of it. Bloody Gutter Press!
Not really CA. This was a strong SL XI with players like Tharanga, Mubarak, Tilka Dilshan etc. Plus in first innings England was skittled to 130. They did manage to play better in 2nd innings after dismissing SL for 80 odds. So in other words good practise for batsmen and bowlers and a moral boosting win overall. England have just won a LOI series in SL and if they do manage to hold their own in Tests it shall be great for them. xxx
Not really CA. This was a strong SL XI with players like Tharanga, Mubarak, Tilka Dilshan etc. Plus in first innings England was skittled to 130. They did manage to play better in 2nd innings after dismissing SL for 80 odds. So in other words good practise for batsmen and bowlers and a moral boosting win overall. England have just won a LOI series in SL and if they do manage to hold their own in Tests it shall be great for them. xxx
Ditto. Like I've said before, IMO England is a better outfit without Flintoff. Ian Bell is a class act and with Ryan Sidebottom and Stuart Broad bowling in tandem could cause Lanka a lot of problems. I think a lot of people have underestimated how good a ODI series win that was in Lanka.