Gunmen attack French magazine Charlie Hebdo - kill 10

diga

Whether they offended other religion is not, I would not like Hindu deities being depicted in cartoons, naked on all fours, testicles hanging and a star covering the ****... Those Charlie Hebdo guys ran a pretty vile, racist campaign against the Muslims...

So you agree that there should not be a ban on the Hijab etc.?
There is also a law of the land that is contention with freedom of expression issues. That is also common sense. What kind of a threat is satirical cartoons causing to national security? Yes, Hijabs have been worn by suicide bombers and it can be seen as a threat. Can't believe people take cartoons so seriously?

There is also a law of the land that is contention with freedom of expression issues. That is also common sense. What kind of a threat is satirical cartoons causing to national security? Yes' date=' Hijabs have been worn by suicide bombers and it can be seen as a threat. Can't believe people take cartoons so seriously?[/quote'] A lot easier said than done. When there are cartoons mocking you, your religion and your race then you wouldn't be saying the same thing. Have some humanity.

Whether they offended other religion is not' date=' I would not like Hindu deities being depicted in cartoons, naked on all fours, testicles hanging and a star covering the ****... Those Charlie Hebdo guys ran a pretty vile, racist campaign against the Muslims...[/quote'] Have you seen the paintings of MF Hussain?

^That is only in this particular instance because the victims went out of their way to insult Islam. it is not different from racism. http://www.worldbulletin.net/world/152585/charlie-hebdo-fired-cartoonist-for-anti-semitism-in-2009 Check out this hypocrisy: Maurice Sinet, 86, who works under the pen name Sine in the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo, faced charges of "inciting racial hatred" for a column he wrote in 2009. The piece sparked a slanging match among the Parisian intelligentsia and ended in his dismissal from the magazine. "L'affaire Sine" followed the engagement of Mr Sarkozy, 22, to Jessica Sebaoun-Darty, the Jewish heiress of an electronic goods chain. Commenting on an unfounded rumour that the president's son planned to convert to Judaism, Sine quipped: "He'll go a long way in life, that little lad." A high-profile political commentator slammed the column as linking prejudice about Jews and social success. Charlie Hebdo's editor, Philippe Val, asked Sinet to apologise but he refused in a very strictly manner. Mr Val's decision to fire Sine was backed by a group of eminent intellectuals, including the philosopher Bernard-Henry Lévy, but parts of the libertarian Left defended him, citing the right to free speech. As mocking young Mr Sarkozy converted to Judaism for money, Sine was accused of being Anti-Semitic and faced many preassures leading him to be fired from the weekly magazine. The same magazine published cartoons even insulting the Islam Prophet Muhammad and Muslims yet explained them as “freedom of speech.†Charlie Hebdo published cartoons about Prophet Jesus and Chiristianity, too, causing the magazine being sued 12 times by Catholic Chuch.
Altho, your post is about the hypocrisy in EU about matters related to jews (which is a slippery slope), I am surprised at your views about CH cartoons insulting Islam. Was it a comment made without much seriousness or you believe as a moderate muslim the cartoons insult Islam? Isn't religion bigger than a few cartoon and some old hags having a chuckle at your expense? Even some Jews have been accused of Anti-semitism, btw. comics like Billy Crystal, Larry David have been too. I think europeans with WWII history are too sensitive to matters to Holocaust, Hitler even after 70 odd years. Can we joke about millions of people dying in partition? I guess not.

Who decides that these cartoons are okay but say, drawing a pic of a black man in a tree with a banana, or a long nosed Jew counting a hoard of money, is not? Where is the line drawn? What if for a Muslim those cartoons are just as bad or worse than being racist? In 2009 a journo was fired from the same mag for being 'anti semitic' So it is not 'just muslims' who want their religion to not be mocked. It is just this one issue of drawing a likeness of the Prophet... leave it alone... it is muslims who seem to be fair game.
The point is that the posts like yours at some level are saying that it's not completely fault of the guys who shot others. Your post like Mani Shankar and like Pakistanis suggests that there has been unfair treatment hence the reaction causes terrorism. All I'm asking is why couldn't you call for boycott of the magazine and move on. Why is it so important that everybody needs to respect your prophet? I have no respect for any prophet and when I see people do stupid things in name of a person or a god, I have right to express it. As for what if it's black or Jews etc, have you seen South Park ever ? It's on national TV and it makes fun of everything. How many Jews have gone on to kill the creators of South Park.

A lot easier said than done. When there are cartoons mocking you' date=' your religion and your race then you wouldn't be saying the same thing. Have some humanity.[/quote'] We have had Muslim painters painting Hindu gods in nude. It has been offensive to some, I have myself struggled a lot to tolerate and have also sided with people who have gone and vandalized property. After a few years, I have wised up to accept that religion that has survived for 1000s of years can't get insulted...plus being antagonistic helps as well.

And how many Muslims have gone to kill the cartoonists? Only 4 more than the number of Jews. Yet the whole of the Muslim community has to suffer from this.
Ummm.. that's cuz what's been happening around the world since 9/11 in name of Islam/ and being muslims. World is not judging muslim/islam on this one sole incident. Problem is that Good muslims are not raising their voice loud enough. If tomorrow a pakistani leader or army comes out and says that we are going to shut down all madrasa that are involved in bombing etc., Indians/world would love that and appreciate if that actually happens. But even the peshawar incident is not bringing any changes to control madrasas.. now tell me how do you, as pakistani, have right to complain about what's coming against you if you are not taking any meaningful steps to avoid school bombing. Operation in NW doesnt cut it.. cuz most of brain washing is happening in madrasas..

Ummm.. that's cuz what's been happening around the world since 9/11 in name of Islam/ and being muslims. World is not judging muslim/islam on this one sole incident. Problem is that Good muslims are not raising their voice loud enough. If tomorrow a pakistani leader or army comes out and says that we are going to shut down all madrasa that are involved in bombing etc., Indians/world would love that and appreciate if that actually happens. But even the peshawar incident is not bringing any changes to control madrasas.. now tell me how do you, as pakistani, have right to complain about what's coming against you if you are not taking any meaningful steps to avoid school bombing. Operation in NW doesnt cut it.. cuz most of brain washing is happening in madrasas..
I understand your point but what can we do? It's also difficult to say which Madrassas are involved in brain washing and which aren't. At least a step was taken and many terrorists in jails have been beheaded.

Why do people care whats drawn or written? Are the terrorists and others (some even in this forum) are so insecure that anything that mocks their belief threatens their belief? For a certain religion, the truth itself is vile enough.
And a lot of people also pretend that they wouldn't be offended but they are. I mean...how many Indians were offended by the small heart comment by Afridi? Most were. And the small heart comment is nowhere near the level of these racist cartoons.

You are missing the point. What I meant is that it only takes 4 people to ruin the image of a community. As far as I am aware there were 4 terrorists in Paris.
No, it doesnt. It takes much more. Bali,kenya, new york,madrid, london, mumbai and many more. Paris is just a part of a long list of cities attacked by Islamic terrorists. If it was only 4, people would be taking them as a bunch of lunatics and not religious lunatics.

The video is thought provoking - not beacuse the speaker has great credentials or anything like that. Even the 15% or so that she mentions is as per intellignece and the percentage might vary a bit but not by much especially when you consider people who read the news and jump in joy in their homes. It is thought provoking just for the fact that she clearly says the majority peaceful is irrelevant as it has been throughout history. We need to deal with the radicals and ignore all the nonsense about majority muslims being peaceful. It DOES NOT matter. they won't come and help anyway and are distractions to the actions that are needed to deal with radicals. If one man in a family of 10 brothers comes and kills your family member, will you be OK as nine others are peaceful? And this is when he uses his family name to kill?

And how many Muslims have gone to kill the cartoonists? Only 4 more than the number of Jews. Yet the whole of the Muslim community has to suffer from this.
And when did i say all Muslims are terrorists. I'm saying that OTT emotions at the cartoons and this somewhat defense of the shootings is not really helpful. The religion is at the core of these things, and not only Islam but any religion.