The Australian Open 2015

zep1706

Nadal is losing tonight. Berdych is playing really well and Nadal is still at 70-75%. For the first time in years I am picking Berdych over Nadal.
Good call ! Only ssems obvious in hindsight hah. I like T-Berd and the way he plays his tennis its sad that he can not quite get past the very best though. Still , been a consistent top 10 player for a while now, credit to him

Berdych has everything in him to be a grandslam winner. He just hasn't achieved something what Murray and Wawrinka have done outside the top three Djoker, Fed and Nadal. Berdych will though be a grandslam winner I must say soon if he keep playing like this. Andy Murray's victory wasn't easy for him today even though he did bagel him.

Berdych has everything in him to be a grandslam winner. He just hasn't achieved something what Murray and Wawrinka have done outside the top three Djoker, Fed and Nadal. Berdych will though be a grandslam winner I must say soon if he keep playing like this. Andy Murray's victory wasn't easy for him today even though he did bagel him.
I completely disagree. Berdych might become a GS champion if he gets a super lucky draw but if he is playing Nadal (not the 20% one we saw here) or Djokovic, he is not winning any. He can't keep up with these guys from the baseline and he does not have a good enough game to attack the net. Also he is mentally not tough enough. I am really excited for the other semi tonight, should be a great one. I wouldn't be surprised if Stan beats Djokovic again. He has the game to do it on these faster courts although Djokovic is the favorite.

I completely disagree. Berdych might become a GS champion if he gets a super lucky draw but if he is playing Nadal (not the 20% one we saw here) or Djokovic, he is not winning any. He can't keep up with these guys from the baseline and he does not have a good enough game to attack the net. Also he is mentally not tough enough. I am really excited for the other semi tonight, should be a great one. I wouldn't be surprised if Stan beats Djokovic again. He has the game to do it on these faster courts although Djokovic is the favorite.
That is all hypothetical stuff and we can only predict and hence I said that only time will decide but I do see him atleast converting one of them. I am not sure if I can say them say about Ferrer who is such a hard worker but he will always remain that No. 5 who misses out everytime.

Let's not write off Murray. He has been really good this tournament, especially making come backs in sets or games. Now with already 2 grandslams. Murray can stand and fight and actually beat any player in the big final. He has actually made that adjustment which he was not able to pre London Olympics.

That is all hypothetical stuff and we can only predict and hence I said that only time will decide but I do see him atleast converting one of them. I am not sure if I can say them say about Ferrer who is such a hard worker but he will always remain that No. 5 who misses out everytime.
Berdych has not played a final of an important tournament in years and has lost 10 straight semis. He is not the most reliable player towards the business end of a tournament. He is not young either, what makes you think that what he could not do before 29, he would do after 29-30?

I'm more intrigued to see Maria vs. Serena than Men's Singles.. This is Maria's best chance against Serena, as she is in the peak form (won Brisbane Open without dropping a set, here just dropped one) and Serena carrying a slight injury/illness and no where near her best in this tournament. Maria just need to forget her mental block and ignore any of the stats like she hadn't beat Serena for a decade and Serena never lost a AO final.

I'm more intrigued to see Maria vs. Serena than Men's Singles.. This is Maria's best chance against Serena, as she is in the peak form (won Brisbane Open without dropping a set, here just dropped one) and Serena carrying a slight injury/illness and no where near her best in this tournament. Maria just need to forget her mental block and ignore any of the stats like she hadn't beat Serena for a decade and Serena never lost a AO final.
I have a feeling that she might beat Serena this time.

Djokovic wins it in 5' date=' but a really awful match. Terrible quality from both of them. I think Murray will beat Djokovic in the final. He is playing better at the moment and he is hungrier of the two.[/quote'] True.I also think Murray will beat him,this draw is similar to the USO 2012 and I think the winner will be the same guy again

After this AO the top 4 rankings would be occupied by the big 4 for the first time since 2012. Wawrinka will drop to 9.
This is where I feel that some where there is a flaw in tennis rankings. Wawrinka, even after reaching semi finals will have a huge drop in ranking, only because he loses his points for not able to reach and win Australian Open this year. He still did fantastic here to reach Semis but faces the price of losing the semis to a huge drop in ranking.

I would love to see Djokovic win this one. He is in the top league of tennis players of this century along with Rafa and Federer and current count of his majors doesn't do justice to the fact how good a player he is. He should end his career with a count of 10+.