Delhi Assembly Elections 2015 Thread  

1. 1.

• BJP
    • AAP
    • Congress
    • AAP + Congress
    • BJP + AAP
    • President's Rule

He could be trying to rub it in that the President's daughter was defeated by AAP. That's Kejriwal's mentality anyway.
You really seem to be bitter about this loss. BJP got what they deserved so no need to insult AAP. As for rubbing it in President's face - you might not have noticed but most new CMs when they come to Delhi do meet the Prez as a courtesy and Kejriwal being the CM-designate of Delhi itself, is merely doing that. In fact, meeting the PM and Home Minister but not meeting the Prez would look bad.

On a more somber note, it looks like BJP did indeed retain its vote share. Congress and "others" vote share got moved entirely over to AAP. It looks like people of Delhi took Modi's Congress Mukt Bharat a little too seriously. Even BJP would not have imagined in their wildest dreams that their own slogan will end up biting them in the @$$. :cantstop:

You are different' date=' there are a lot of people (NOT ALL) who only support BJP because they see it as a Hindu party. Nothing more and nothing less[/quote'] I am a nationalist first... and then Hinduist.. I am pro BJP.. but i can't tolerate those Sadhvis and Adityanath and all those. Even though i am pro 'hindu rashtra" I know those douche bags willl only take us to stone age. Try watching that Kumar Vishwas video and tell me if he is anti-hindu.

I am a nationalist first... and then Hinduist.. I am pro BJP.. but i can't tolerate those Sadhvis and Adityanath and all those. Even though i am pro 'hindu rashtra" I know those douche bags willl only take us to stone age. Try watching that Kumar Vishwas video and tell me if he is anti-hindu.
In an ideal world, I'd agree with you. But coming from a non-Hindu family, and having spent time among Christian congregations in my early years, I can tell you that these Yogis and Saadhvis are necessary evils. I hope you understand the biases that the Hindus have to fight against in their own country. Hindu tolerance is mistaken for weakness. To truly understand, you must experience the mentality of the Abrahamic religions. I'm from Mangalore, and there are a few local cable channels (Life TV and other such similarly named channels) that show programs of Fundamentalist Christian pastors preaching and converting people. The things that these people say about other faiths, it is pathetic and shocking. You won't hear a peep about these people in the MSM. Guess why? It is in view of this knowledge and personal experiences, that I tell you that these rabid Saadhvis and Yogis are necessary to balance out the anti-Hindu vitriol, which is a very real phenomenon.

In an ideal world, I'd agree with you. But coming from a non-Hindu family, and having spent time among Christian congregations in my early years, I can tell you that these Yogis and Saadhvis are necessary evils. I hope you understand the biases that the Hindus have to fight against in their own country. Hindu tolerance is mistaken for weakness. To truly understand, you must experience the mentality of the Abrahamic religions. I'm from Mangalore, and there are a few local cable channels (Life TV and other such similarly named channels) that show programs of Fundamentalist Christian pastors preaching and converting people. The things that these people say about other faiths, it is pathetic and shocking. You won't hear a peep about these people in the MSM. Guess why? It is in view of this knowledge and personal experiences, that I tell you that these rabid Saadhvis and Yogis are necessary to balance out the anti-Hindu vitriol, which is a very real phenomenon.
I think we are on the same page then... I agree with you completely. The only problem is that those ultra right wingers are brainless. There are other calculated ways to promote 'Hindu Rashtra".. When they know that their party (BJP) is in power and their statements are going to harm the image and bigger picture of things, then they should have brains to not to speak idiotically and damage the campaign. If they can't understand these things then they should be kicked out.. To be a "Hindu Rashtra", BJP needs to be in power for 15-20 years not just 5 years. AAP got a lot of votes cuz they were anti-bjp not cuz they were pro-aap.

Not really, what we are saying is that since other religions are doing stupid things then we must also have something similar to counter them. In principle it may seem reasonable but it doesnt work because its impossible to create boundaries and contain these people in it. We need to make people aware that conversion with treats is not really religion. We need to pass laws that people are not victimised like this. We cant say that since they do it, we will do the same. I am not a religious person so maybe I dont understand the sentiments but its like saying since Muslims support Owasi, we should have our own. I rather see Owasi controlled then have Owasi Bs talking the same way.

Not really, what we are saying is that since other religions are doing stupid things then we must also have something similar to counter them. In principle it may seem reasonable but it doesnt work because its impossible to create boundaries and contain these people in it. We need to make people aware that conversion with treats is not really religion. We need to pass laws that people are not victimised like this. We cant say that since they do it, we will do the same. I am not a religious person so maybe I dont understand the sentiments but its like saying since Muslims support Owasi, we should have our own. I rather see Owasi controlled then have Owasi Bs talking the same way.
Uniform civil code

Ideally, you are right. But in theory it doesnt work and hence some fanatics are needed. I have lived through '92 Bombay riots and it could have been worst for Hindus if it werent for Shiv Sena.. But lets not go in that discussion.

Ideally' date=' you are right. But in theory it doesnt work and hence some fanatics are needed. I have lived through '92 Bombay riots and it could have been worst for Hindus if it werent for Shiv Sena.. But lets not go in that discussion.[/quote'] I lived in Meerut and Moradabad during early and mid 90s so I know the feeling.

If you find out who actually funds the major media houses in our country, then you'll understand what I'm saying. Take this news as an example (it's a few years old) : http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=57924 Did you hear anything about this incident? Daijiworld is owned by a Christian, so there is not much scope for any mud-slinging. Did we hear anything about this incident in the MSM? This is just one example. Building up to the Delhi elections, there were a spate of Churches being vandalized. Even without waiting for proper investigation reports, the MSM where jumping about it being an act of Hindu vandals. Now tell me, how do we know that these were not self-orchestrated? The BJP and the Sangh are already portrayed as being communal. Are they mad to further ruin their chances? They are damned if they do, damned if they don't. Trust me, I've grown up in this community. I have a few Priests in my family itself. Most Christians are nice, harmless folk who are nationalistic. The Padris and Madris, a totally different story. Very, very political. (obviously not all of them, but a good number of them) There are bad seeds everywhere. I don't support all the crazy statements that the Hindu Right make, but one must understand the context in which they make these statements.

I think we are on the same page then... I agree with you completely. The only problem is that those ultra right wingers are brainless. There are other calculated ways to promote 'Hindu Rashtra".. When they know that their party (BJP) is in power and their statements are going to harm the image and bigger picture of things, then they should have brains to not to speak idiotically and damage the campaign. If they can't understand these things then they should be kicked out.. To be a "Hindu Rashtra", BJP needs to be in power for 15-20 years not just 5 years. AAP got a lot of votes cuz they were anti-bjp not cuz they were pro-aap.
The problem is that the Hindu Right are in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' type situation. When the major players of the 4th pillar of our democracy assume the role of opinion maker, then we have a big problem. These rabid comments are nothing but restrained aggression. The Right wingers need to constantly remind the trouble makers that they are aware of their shenanigans. It's a tough spot to be in frankly. Ideally, I'd want these guys to shut up. But I understand the context in which they make these comments. I'm all for a calculated approach, but when the MSM is aggressive in their propaganda, you can't afford to pussyfoot.