Pakistan - What shambles?

King

What rubbish fielding display it was from Pakistan yesterday? Absolutely rubbish. They look like 10 year olds that go running behind the ball rather than try and stop it. When the ball was hit to them they were letting the ball go through their legs consistently. I've seen some bad fielding in international cricket and yesterday's effort by Pakistan can be rated as the top most in the worse category. After the very first hour Pakistan looked completely out of sorts with the ball and in the field. Very bad body language (starting with Shoaib Akthar), drooping shoulders, bad fielding, bad catching and they did everything they shouldn't be doing in an international game. How the heck can a coach or captain motivate a team that is beaten and bruised after the first hour of a test match? Pakistan should have been way focused considering if they lose this one they will end up losing the series. They looked like a bunch that has lost 4 test matches in a 5 test match series and are just playing a consolatory test match. The recent entrant Bangladesh looks way more aggressive than Pakistan. Nothing to take away from India though, they knew what they were supposed to be doing and never let the pressure off. Sometimes there are days when nothing works and Pakistan had one such day yesterday. Still I would have expected them to keep trying. Danish Kaneria was the only one that looked like he was trying and the rest were just there to fill in the numbers. Less said about Akthar the better. For all the talk he does he barely could bowl a positive spell. His body language is terrible when things don't go his way.

I think Pakistan cricketers are very weak mentally and physically. Gone are the days of Akrams, Imrans, Waqars, Miandads et al. They are barely available most of the times. I think they should look at the way they train. Perhaps they don't train enough or something. We can't even say they have played a lot of cricket since world cup. How can they consistently have half of them not available most of the times? They must be wrapped in a wool and preserved the Pakistan bowlers. What good are they if they cannot even play back to back test matches?

1) Overall fitness consciousness of Pakistani players is poor 2) Pakistani bowlers dont look after themselves well 3) PCB is myopic. They are just worried about winning the next test match or series. If RPS & Sreesanth had been handled by the Pakistani management, both would have been rushed into the team for the Kolkatta test, only for both to wither away after a couple of spells, also ensuring that they remain injured for the next 6 months (missing the Ind-Aus series). The frequency & the duration of the injuries suffered by Pakistani players is staggering. I'd put this down to poor man management & team selection. Fielding was never their forte. Atleast our worst fielders dont look like nincompoops on the field. Danish Kaneria runs like a headless chicken on the field. His alacrity and his unique ability to consistently let the ball find the gap between the legs, are better used as a bowler, than a fielder. Add Akhtar (who thinks that his job is to arrive like James Bond, fire a couple of bullets, walk off the field & get massaged by babes on the sidelines) to this list, their fielding quickly descends to levels of mediocrity beyond imagination. Their players seem to lack both the attitude & aptitude for any prosperity.

how far is that from the front (or top) .... 1 wicket ... maybe 2 atmost ... ? :D
I didn't quite get what you are saying? However if you mean how many wickets if we lose day-2??? I hope we dont lose more than 1 wicket in day-2 session 1. However perhaps ur joking something else :sad_smile:
The fielding reached it's comical pinnacle when Salman Butt dived after the ball and in trying to parry the ball to Jonty Kaneria' date=' who was running behind him, managed to hit the ball into the boundary.[/quote'] Nope.. that would be when rahul was almost run out. Miles outside his crease, he'd given up. The throw was so bad, it was nowhere near the stump, and the bowler had to dive to try and stop the ball. Now the bowler was none other than kania, who dived, but missed catching the ball, which ended up hitting him on the head (:hysterical:) causing him to roll over twice on the floor. PS - Headless chicken :haha:
How funny would it be if they were to somehow win this game after all our chest thumping. :D
I know cricket is a game of uncertainties but still there is some standard you have to maintain when playing international cricket and that was truly missing in Pakistan side yesterday. They still can bat well on this pitch and come back strong from day 2 but the day 1 will haunt them through out the test match. They could have done lot better yesterday. They could have fielded better and could have bowled to a plan. It looked like they had no plans whatsoever and were just taking it as it comes. No plans were evident whatsoever yesterday. They have to bat out of their skins if they need to even harbour any thoughts of fight back today.
I meant in a matter of a wkt or two your pessi highness will be back in bussiness .... :P
:hysterical::hysterical: Yep 1 wkt today and Finey better take her BP medicine :D
With respect to Indian cricket (esp after day 1 of a Test) usually I would be more nervous - I think I'm in a relatively good mood, thanks to Jaffer...cool, elegant, stylish, languid, silken... So, I'll enjoy this rarity (Sehwag at Multan and Melbourne was another such day-1) However - does not mean I will accept a score of less than 550-600. Which means, we BETTER NOT lose more than one wicket in Session-1, day-2 :dance: Get me that 600!!!