World Cup Telecast/Broadcast Thread

You brought espn to be backup of star coverage?
Yes, I had invited people over. started Star at around 830 ..SA/Zim match was getting hung/buffered/No HD with star and finally to save face I had to go back to ESPN. It was kind of free because the match on ESPN didn't charge on paypal..so..It was total Paisa vasool..subscribed ESPN ,,for all future matches. I had a India VPN so paid $3 for star..so I could give up.. :giggle:
Yes' date=' I had invited people over. started Star at around 830 ..SA/Zim match was getting hung/buffered/No HD with star and finally to save face I had to go back to ESPN. It was kind of free because the match on ESPN didn't charge on paypal..so..It was total Paisa vasool..subscribed ESPN ,,for all future matches. I had a India VPN so paid $3 for star..so I could give up.. :giggle:[/quote'] You got me totally confused there. So, you had the ESPN package, but were trying Star Sports over VPN??? Why would you even do that? And how did you manage to get it free? I would love to know any "inside trick". Please PM me if you dont want to post it here. So, I guess I was right that $2 package is not going to hold up to the heavy traffic of a marquee clash. I am wondering if anyone has tried any of the "other" cheaper options available?

I order ESPN Cricket 2015 for $99, it a great deal .. as my desktop setup to my TV and I also able to stream Thu Apple TV ... Stream Quality is GREAT HD depending on your Internet Speed, .. Also ESPN Cricket 2015 is Good because it allows you to Pause rewind Match and Replay Full Matches and offers Short Hour highlights on Demand... Coverage is available in both English & Hindi & fact you could watch it on the go thru the Apple App Store App

You got me totally confused there. So, you had the ESPN package, but were trying Star Sports over VPN??? Why would you even do that? And how did you manage to get it free? I would love to know any "inside trick". Please PM me if you dont want to post it here. So, I guess I was right that $2 package is not going to hold up to the heavy traffic of a marquee clash. I am wondering if anyone has tried any of the "other" cheaper options available?
No, I had the $3 package from Stat which was a :fail: I gave in to ESPN mafia and bought $99 package. I watch Star for some fun now.. A lot of links are there ..but none of them are reliable and will fail at the right time..MOTS - Give in to Mafia and pay up to watch good HD streaming. It seems ESPN2 in US showed Ind-Pak match live on cable. Not able to confirm..So ESPN2 could show some matches in the night on cable starting QFs!!!!:pray:
No' date=' I had the $3 package from Stat which was a :fail: I gave in to ESPN mafia and bought $99 package. I watch Star for some fun now.. A lot of links are there ..but none of them are reliable and will fail at the right time..MOTS - Give in to Mafia and pay up to watch good HD streaming. It seems ESPN2 in US showed Ind-Pak match live on cable. Not able to confirm..So ESPN2 could show some matches in the night on cable starting QFs!!!!:pray:[/quote'] I knew all this hassle would happen....just suck it up and pay $99......hey alteast better than willow...those fkrs charged me 100+ in 2011. paid $99 and so fa not bad.....I am on the East Coast so timings of dome of the matches make me cringe :((
You got me totally confused there. So, you had the ESPN package, but were trying Star Sports over VPN??? Why would you even do that? And how did you manage to get it free? I would love to know any "inside trick". Please PM me if you dont want to post it here. So, I guess I was right that $2 package is not going to hold up to the heavy traffic of a marquee clash. I am wondering if anyone has tried any of the "other" cheaper options available?
I have and it works well. I paid less than 30 bucks and I cant complain. I will still complain :--D , its good quality but not real HD. Its a little grainy.
Your hd is not even live :giggle:
I have it as PPV from dish and it's live...ie...when I check cricinfo or ice cricket score.....it generally 2 to 3 balls behind. Where I talk with my dad in India during match days.....my steam is like a second or less delayed. And yes all in great HD quality. Kanjooos
I have it as PPV from dish and it's live...ie...when I check cricinfo or ice cricket score.....it generally 2 to 3 balls behind. Where I talk with my dad in India during match days.....my steam is like a second or less delayed. And yes all in great HD quality. Kanjooos
i am in india and our telecast is slightly ahead of cricinfo but normally it depends on channel too . for instance hindi commentary has been slight ahead in 1 match while totally same in others :--D

I ditched star sports for this because there is zero quality drop and it is very reliable. The problem with star sports is that it only works great for games not involving India. This is a site I used before. It is about $8 per month but you can watch all kinds of sports in this quality. This is not HD but it is quite good (854x480). Unfortunately they have stopped accepting new members, so can't recommend it to anyone. They already have tens of thousands of members. :cantstop: wcire8.jpg2j1x8qu.jpg