World Cup Telecast/Broadcast Thread

So i tried star sports in the US today. with Hola theres so many loading waits and lags that it almost might not be worth it. these were highlights of a premier league game so i can only imagine how spotty it will be in a live telecast
How much is it anyway to buy from Star sports if you are trying to buy from US. I thought since they will block the Credt card even if we use VPN to connect. If it's 120 rupees, so they will probably charge just $2.50 dollars? Anways, I do remember connecting through shady VPN's to get to that cricket nirvana website which used to show neo cricket telecast. And they used to work pretty good. So if one has a reliable VPN, I think one should be able to access the site well without lags.

$100 bucks for ESPN...WIll pay for it...No matter how perssimistic I get on our chances,It is the frikin world cup and as a cricket fan I have to do it. Might share with another friend......Do you know if it will work on multiple platforms and logins like say a Netflix? I mean going to figure it out by the end of the day but if someone already knows,saves the effort.

$100 bucks for ESPN...WIll pay for it...No matter how perssimistic I get on our chances,It is the frikin world cup and as a cricket fan I have to do it. Might share with another friend......Do you know if it will work on multiple platforms and logins like say a Netflix? I mean going to figure it out by the end of the day but if someone already knows,saves the effort.
Read Espn faq. But I don't think multiple login at the same time will work. Netfix is different as they already mentions that their price covers 2 or 3 simultaneous steams at the same time

Hey fellas. Got a quick question. Just like everyone, I also have been under the impression that the matches will be showing on ESPN3. I usually get this through Xbox Live and can watch it on the TV. But lately, I don't see any cricket being scheduled on the watchespn website. All I see online is that the new "ESPN Cricket 2015" website which charges $99 for the whole tourney and they're saying it is different from "WatchESPN" and it seems like we can only access this through laptop/desktop and mobile phones. Am I missing something here?

Hey fellas. Got a quick question. Just like everyone' date=' I also have been under the impression that the matches will be showing on ESPN3. I usually get this through Xbox Live and can watch it on the TV. But lately, I don't see any cricket being scheduled on the watchespn website. All I see online is that the new "ESPN Cricket 2015" website which charges $99 for the whole tourney and they're saying it is different from "WatchESPN" and it seems like we can only access this through laptop/desktop and mobile phones. Am I missing something here?[/quote'] Yes that is true....That was the question I asked in this thread earlier,if like say I stream it through CHromecast,if my friend can play it at the same time on say his Roku....that way we can share the $99....but apparently not possible.
Yes that is true....That was the question I asked in this thread earlier' date='if like say I stream it through CHromecast,if my friend can play it at the same time on say his Roku....that way we can share the $99....but apparently not possible.[/quote'] My issue is mainly that I want to watch the matches on my TV. Do not have dish network or anything. Was hoping to watch the matches on ESPN3 through Xbox live app but I highly doubt it will be shown there. What would be the best way to watch? Chromecast?
My issue is mainly that I want to watch the matches on my TV. Do not have dish network or anything. Was hoping to watch the matches on ESPN3 through Xbox live app but I highly doubt it will be shown there. What would be the best way to watch? Chromecast?
Chrome Cast or HDMI cable that connects your laptop to your TV
My issue is mainly that I want to watch the matches on my TV. Do not have dish network or anything. Was hoping to watch the matches on ESPN3 through Xbox live app but I highly doubt it will be shown there. What would be the best way to watch? Chromecast?
Chromecast and other apps were supposed to be launched on 11th. Chromecast is great since you can mirror your screen to tv if you have chromecast but I heard the app might not be available yet. I would recommed hdmi to connect to tv.
That sucks. If they are charging 100 bucks, I would prefer if they provide a native app for some basic streaming devices like Roku, chromecast, gaming devices. Why can't they just use the WatchESPN app they have? I am getting more and more persuaded not to get this. Most important reason being I have absolutely zero hopes from the Indian team and second equally important reason being that most matches will be during the night.