Misbah continues to impress

sachin_fan

What do you think of this guy. I am really impressed by his stroke play. He seems to have a lot of time with his strokes , and when he gets aggressive, he hits it cleanly most of the time. I think he is going to be a very big part of the Pakistan team over the next few years. One ball that stands out was the one that was bowled by kumble just b4 lunch. The ball kicked up and he changed the shot at the last minute and played with very loose bottom hands. That tells me he has very good technique. Can someone bring out some background on Misbah, b4 he launched himself at 20-20

What do you think of this guy. I am really impressed by his stroke play. He seems to have a lot of time with his strokes , and when he gets aggressive, he hits it cleanly most of the time. I think he is going to be a very big part of the Pakistan team over the next few years. One ball that stands out was the one that was bowled by kumble just b4 lunch. The ball kicked up and he changed the shot at the last minute and played with very loose bottom hands. That tells me he has very good technique. Can someone bring out some background on Misbah, b4 he launched himself at 20-20
Yep, MBH is a main-stay of the Pak batting lineup.
He'll be worked out soon and then that will be the end of him' date=' if he really was as good as he looks now he wouldnt be entering the team properly at 33![/quote'] dont underestimate him ... but yeah he doesnt look as assured against the quicks ... it will be interesting to see how he does when they travel
He'll be worked out soon and then that will be the end of him' date=' if he really was as good as he looks now he wouldnt be entering the team properly at 33![/quote'] one micheal hussey comes to my mind...though i am not saying that the pak team is anywhere close to the aussies
He has one of the best techniques against spin I have seen among the current players. Left foot out of the way' date=' bat thrust forward at a downward angle and soft hands. Simple, but probably the best way to play spin.[/quote'] agreed..one thing that is most prominent is i haven't being bettered by a bowler so far in this series. He has always given his wicket away, (including the run out in the 1st innings).

Common, he could've been out last test match for a duck if not for a dropped catch. And same today, Sachin dropped him when he was on 26. He seems to have the confidence that he belongs there. That's the most important thing. When he does go at the spinners, its mostly at midwicket, mid on area, so if you plug those areas, he'll be pressurized. He also does that wristy paddle puch to the spinners on the legside.

Common, he could've been out last test match for a duck if not for a dropped catch. And same today, Sachin dropped him when he was on 26. He seems to have the confidence that he belongs there. That's the most important thing. When he does go at the spinners, its mostly at midwicket, mid on area, so if you plug those areas, he'll be pressurized. He also does that wristy paddle puch to the spinners on the legside.
what?? sachin dropped him??
what?? sachin dropped him??
it was a pretty difficult chance
38.3 Kumble to Misbah-ul-Haq' date=' 1 run, [b']dropped by Tendulkar at midwicket. A tough chance though. It was a dipping full toss and Misbah swept to his right and he lunged at it but couldn't hold on

I still remember the whole of Pakistan mocking PCB, when they dropped Mohammed Yousuf from the probables of the T20 world cup, saying he was too old and they wanted a young team and included 33 year old Misbah in his place. Now, Misbah is the flavor of Pakistan. How quickly times can change !