5 Saal Kejriwal

Texan

30' date='000 crores on campaign, where are they getting these numbers from?[/quote'] Of course this was just a news report on DNA last year quoting Center for media studies. The Wall Street Journal and the International Business Times have referred to the same study and 5-6 Billion dollar expenditure estimate. CMS has been tracking election spending since 1996

Of course this was just a news report on DNA last year quoting Center for media studies. The Wall Street Journal and the International Business Times have referred to the same study and 5-6 Billion dollar expenditure estimate. CMS has been tracking election spending since 1996
can you please provide a link in the articles you post. Its ICF policy

and Re Kejriwal and the media Firstpost has already started attacking him after this. I personally say good luck to him and well done for booting the media. It will tell them that their domination of the agenda will not be tolerated.

can you please provide a link in the articles you post. Its ICF policy
Here is the DNA news item source of the article . DNA Here is the Wall Street Journal report on the Election expenditure citing same study http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2014/05/15/indias-big-ticket-election-spending/ Both reports mention election expenditures in excess of 5-6 Billion $$ i.e. > 30,000 Crores

Here is the DNA news item source of the article . DNA Here is the Wall Street Journal report on the Election expenditure citing same study http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2014/05/15/indias-big-ticket-election-spending/ Both reports mention election expenditures in excess of 5-6 Billion $$ i.e. > 30,000 Crores
These are not the official expenses. Someone has made an estimate of the unaccounted expenses. This estimate is open to question.

These are not the official expenses. Someone has made an estimate of the unaccounted expenses. This estimate is open to question.
I have already mentioned that the reports are based on studies by CMS (Center for Media Studies ) . "Official" expenses will be available on EC's site.

Then quote the official expense rather than spreading rumors :dontknow:
Read the comments in the thread to comprehend the context in which the replies are being made. My comment was a reply to the question "30,000 crores ...where are they getting these numbers from?". I have only suggested a probable source for the 30,000 crore figure. I cannot vouch for the authenticity of CMS's study / estimates or the official submissions made to the Election Commission .

I dont see what the big deal is to be honest. 5-6 billion USD for a country like India makes sense. works out to about $5 per citizen. or about Rs 300. Whats the issue exactly? We all know that the number of political parties and independents has mushroomed. Thankyou for providing the link. But whats your point?

Read the comments in the thread to comprehend the context in which the replies are being made. My comment was a reply to the question "30,000 crores ...where are they getting these numbers from?". I have only suggested a probable source for the 30,000 crore figure. I cannot vouch for the authenticity of CMS's study / estimates or the official submissions made to the Election Commission .
Original context came from false rumor mongering by AAP people,so some one asked official source but you thrown up some probable source and act like some big corruption happened.

5-6 billion USD for a country like India makes sense.works out to about $5 per citizen. or about Rs 300. Whats the issue exactly? We all know that the number of political parties and independents has mushroomed. Thank you for providing the link. But whats your point?
I have not made the point in my original reply but clearly the issue is about the use of BLACK money in elections. The wide disparities between estimates arrived at by independent studies and official submissions made by political parties to EC should raise many questions . We should be vehemently demanding greater transparency from political parties regarding source of funds . There are candidate level limits for expenses , perhaps there should also be limits on the amounts that parties can spend . In 2013 , All parties got together to oppose the CIC order to include major political parties within the ambit of the RTI and our legislators amended the RTI act accordingly to keep the parties out.
the CIC referred to a Supreme Court judgment, which said that “the little man of this country would have the basic elementary right to know full particulars of a candidate who is to represent him in Parliament where laws to bind his liberty and property may be enacted.” “The people of India must know the source of expenditure incurred by political parties and by the candidates in the process of election,” the CIC concluded.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/political-parties-come-within-ambit-of-rti-act-cic/article4778358.ece As has often been said of the USA , we are perhaps becoming "the Best democracy that money can buy."

I have not made the point in my original reply but clearly the issue is about the use of BLACK money in elections. The wide disparities between estimates arrived at by independent studies and official submissions made by political parties to EC should raise many questions . We should be vehemently demanding greater transparency from political parties regarding source of funds . There are candidate level limits for expenses , perhaps there should also be limits on the amounts that parties can spend . In 2013 , All parties got together to oppose the CIC order to include major political parties within the ambit of the RTI and our legislators amended the RTI act accordingly . As has often been said of the USA , we are perhaps becoming "the Best democracy that money can buy."
+1 thats fair enough