The best way to get Yuvraj in [Merged with other batting lineup shift threads]

Brainfade

If we are dropping KKD then we should replace him with an opener ... I would be happy with either Chopra or Sehwag (and yes I know he has done nothing in domestic cricket to deserve it) because despite some good domestic form I am still not convinced about Gambhir. Sehwag should be given at least 1 more chance in Tests before the Aussie series because even if there is the most minute chance that he does run into some form ... wouldnt we want to take that into Australia? Remember batsman are usually 1 good innings away from turning around their form.

YS played very well. Congrats. YS cannot open. New ball is different thing in Test cricket. Today also unfortunately YS got out to new ball. We should have a player who can play the new ball to open. Gambhir failed today, not sure what we are gonna do in Aus - Take Chopra and Jaffer and hope for it - If YS needs to be accomodated, then: 1. Dravid has to open or 2. Laxman has to be dropped Both problematic choices!!! We will have to take it Test by Test.

Guest HariSampath

If I were made chief selector for 1 hour This will be my 16. 1. Jaffer 2. Sehwag 3. Dravid 4. Sachin 5. Ganguly 6. Laxman 7. Yuvraj 8. Dhoni 9. Kumble 10.Harbhajan 11. Murali Karthik 12. Zaheer 13. RP Singh 14. Agarkar 15.Dinesh Karthik 16. Pathan

Guest HariSampath
Drop VVS - he is old and doesnt seem fit to pla more than a year - why not use the spot for Yuvi?
In fact Dravid and Laxman are both old, and Laxman has had a better record in recent tests than Dravid...probably Dravid will be dropped