Delhi Court blocks Delhi rape BBC documentary

AmreekanDesi

"It is good that this film was made, it will reveal how many men think like Nirbhaya's rapist," - This is the words of the producer So this is her whole goal of making this video?
No, her only goal was to make money off it. The societal impact this documentary can have is much more however.

****ing bullshit she did it for the money. Leslie Udwin, the producer, is a rape victim herself.
She could have done a documentary on many many rapes that happen in India why this one? She wanted something juicy that is why she somehow managed to get into prison got interviews from the rapists. That is her main motivation. One can see right through her motivation. But some of us are way too emotional to take a step back and understand why there is so much opposition. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/british-filmmaker-leslie-udwin-misled-home-ministry-and-tihar-officials-while-seeking-a-nod-to-shoot-inside-the-jail/articleshow/46473119.cms

I feel so sad and sick that BBC Showed her identity and photo. Anything for money...
Her parents used her name and her friend also used her name. Also at the end of the documentary her parents said sth to the tune of: 'We have no reservations in using her name because we want her name to become a symbol of resistance against this opression' So I really dont know what youre crying about Finally as for the photo. They only showed one photo of her when she was 5-6 years old. And even there the parents showed the photo themselves

I think we alread yhave made a lot of progress Rape is not uncommon in the country and has been happening for decades at the same rate of one every 20 minutes But even 5 years ago it just happened and that was it. No civil protests or debate. So we have come a long way as it is

I think we alread yhave made a lot of progress Rape is not uncommon in the country and has been happening for decades at the same rate of one every 20 minutes But even 5 years ago it just happened and that was it. No civil protests or debate. So we have come a long way as it is
Actually number of sexual assaults doubled in Mumbai post Nirbaya incident. We tend to treat exclusively as a societal issue and not a mental issue. We somehow tend to think protests. lynching rapists will fix the issue. It won't. Some of the rapists may remain docile for a while. Moment they find an opportunity. Lone girl. nobody is around. boom he sets off. Some plan elaborately to rape someone.. These are mental . Here is a small stat of rape in US. jl5hjr.jpg Majority of the rapes right in their home . This is even scarier than India. Atleast in India you can feel safe at home.

Why there was no interview of the guy who was with the girls beaten while trying to protect her? I got this from FB.

I was ignoring the fact that the unbiased maker covers every detail, interviews everyone except the guy who was beaten enough that he could not move. Who was there with her on the bus. Now i think that it was because...if he was interviewed it would have just diluted the poison...so the guy who tried his best to fight against the rapists alone is ignored, so she can go ahead with how everyone in India thinks like a rapist agenda, what else can be the reason!

Actually number of sexual assaults doubled in Mumbai post Nirbaya incident. We tend to treat exclusively as a societal issue and not a mental issue. We somehow tend to think protests. lynching rapists will fix the issue. It won't. Some of the rapists may remain docile for a while. Moment they find an opportunity. Lone girl. nobody is around. boom he sets off. Some plan elaborately to rape someone.. These are mental . Here is a small stat of rape in US. Majority of the rapes right in their home . This is even scarier than India. Atleast in India you can feel safe at home.
People think law and punishment can deter people from committing a crime. If that was the case, we would not have seen so many brutal crimes including rape.

Actually number of sexual assaults doubled in Mumbai post Nirbaya incident. We tend to treat exclusively as a societal issue and not a mental issue. We somehow tend to think protests. lynching rapists will fix the issue. It won't. Some of the rapists may remain docile for a while. Moment they find an opportunity. Lone girl. nobody is around. boom he sets off. Some plan elaborately to rape someone.. These are mental . Here is a small stat of rape in US. jl5hjr.jpg Majority of the rapes right in their home . This is even scarier than India. Atleast in India you can feel safe at home.
its skewed Most of the rapes at home happens when both parties are drunk and the sex is not consentual. the victim knows the person in most cases.it is still rape ofcourse but its not the same as a rape happening on a bus or some alley.

Like I have said before, I have heard people talking about raping women for wearing jeans in South Delhi. It was ok as people laughed and some noded in agreement.So what the documentary maker is saying about society isnt far from the truth. Pulling eyes out of the face might not be very common but rape and molestation are very common even in supposedly Indian modern cities.
Rape does not happen just because she is wearing a jeans. Rapist will rape if get an opportunity even if she is wearing burka, covering all of her body, in broad daylight.

its skewed Most of the rapes at home happens when both parties are drunk and the sex is not consentual. the victim knows the person in most cases.it is still rape ofcourse but its not the same as a rape happening on a bus or some alley.
According to a study conducted by the National Victim Center, 1.3 women (age 18 and over) in the United States are forcibly raped each minute. That translates to 78 an hour, 1,871 per day, or 683,000 per year.